sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Again, you must not have watched much baseball in the past.
    I've lived baseball my whole life

Throwing at hitters is not the answer

I know the game very well, and i do understand your perspective

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Don’t know if it was mentioned but it’s very possible Mattingly ordered Ureńa to hit Acuńa.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    I've lived baseball my whole life

Throwing at hitters is not the answer

I know the game very well, and i do understand your perspective
    Roger that twister. I can see why it ruffled some feathers in this day and age. But I love the old school and that was straight old school.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Don’t know if it was mentioned but it’s very possible Mattingly ordered Ureńa to hit Acuńa.
    Could be they been getting beat up badly in this series so far.. Looking at a sweep if they don't come back now...

Braves bats starting to heat up now.. https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/miami-m...ves-380815115/

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    You have a 7 foot goon knock them on their ass the next time they go to the basket.
    Nobody wants 2 watch the bad boys pistons - garbage basketball - Watch WWE if you like physical shit

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Ten or twenty years ago you had pitchers intentionally throwing at hitters, batters charging the mound, hell even Pedro beat the fuk out of a first base coach. If you spent any time at all researching how the game used to be played before pussville America came along, you would realize this was nothing.
    I dont need to research any of it. I'm well aware of how it used to be. You're missing the point of it. It doesnt solve anything now because theres no retaliation allowed. So its just cheap and useless. Sometimes as a person you just have to adjust to how things are, you cant just get bitter and old and talk about how it used to be like your grandparents. It just makes you seem disgruntled.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Nobody wants 2 watch the bad boys pistons - garbage basketball - Watch WWE if you like physical shit
    Rather watch that than a bunch of premaddona's on the court whining to the refs on every call they didn't even get touched on aka the recent NBA.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Roger that twister. I can see why it ruffled some feathers in this day and age. But I love the old school and that was straight old school.
    I love the pete rose days also

I also know the unwritten rules and why they exist

I just really don't like when someone is good at something and other players cant adjust and resort to something that could cause injury...this is only a game after all

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I dont need to research any of it. I'm well aware of how it used to be. You're missing the point of it. It doesnt solve anything now because theres no retaliation allowed. So its just cheap and useless. Sometimes as a person you just have to adjust to how things are, you cant just get bitter and old and talk about how it used to be like your grandparents. It just makes you seem disgruntled.
    I am not the disgruntled one. I agreed with the Giant, I loved every second of it. Just felt a bit cheated that the bench clearing didn't turn into a bigger altercation.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What is Bush League? Is President Bush involved?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    You have a 7 foot goon knock them on their ass the next time they go to the basket.
    bird would do that at 6’9

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    hey man, can you please stop making sense. you're gonna confuse a lotta people here.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Early indications are Acuna avoided a serious injury. X-rays showed his left elbow was not fractured by a 97.5-mph fastball -- the highest velocity Urena has registered with the first pitch he has thrown in any career start.
    I have a new favorite player. If these pussies can't handle being brushed back, they don't belong in the major leagues. This is nothing more than Dominicans vs Venezuelans. They hate each other.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

I didn't watch the previous two games between the Marlins and the Braves.
    Is it possible that Acuna might have shown up the Marlins or said something to them to make them this upset?

I took the Braves run line. I made that bet with the intent that Jose Urena was struggling and the Braves were gonna take advantage.
    I survived. No harm no foul for me.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Dumbass Urena understands he's in the NL right ?
    It may be a month , two months or next year .
    His ass is drilled his next at bat vs Braves if I was manager . May even pull starter in 3rd , bring in the reliever who throws absolute heat to send a message , let him know yanking the starter , it's coming , we don't forget .

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Played 4 rounds of golf vs Big O last bash in punta cana. Fukin Guy was kicking my ass. 1st hole of 4th round I took my driver out and blasted him with a rocket off the tee while he was smoking a cigar. Message sent.
    Points Awarded:

SEAHAWKHARRY gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Lol

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I have a new favorite player. If these pussies can't handle being brushed back, they don't belong in the major leagues. This is nothing more than Dominicans vs Venezuelans. They hate each other.
    Can I punch you in the face and then say I sent a message? But during this process you will not be allowed to do anything because everyone will hold you back afterwards and not allow you to get any shots off at me.
    Afterwards, I will say you’re a pussy because you are mad about the message I delivered. Would this make me a bad ass? No it would make me a little bitch period. This is what urena is.
    Pitchers are allowed a free license to plunk someone with no recourse. Would urena be your favorite player if acuna after getting plunked was allowed a free swing with his weapon, the bat?
    If you can’t understand the hypocrisy of this I guess we will just leave it at that because I don’t think I can make it any clearer.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Never understood the concept of it being ok to throw a hard ball 95mph from a raised mound 66’ away to send a message. I do get the whole throw a guy inside to get him off the plate but come on. You’re talking guys livelihoods. Christ you can’t even hit a guy across the middle in football anymore with pads & a helmet on

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Yeah but NFL is a joke

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I was surprised the bench didn't clear, shitty teammates.

If baseball had fighting like NHL then it would interesting to watch.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

the thing i dont like with pitchers hitting ppl is that they dont have to take the consequences themselves. the other team just hits one of their batters. if the batter charges the mound he wont have any time to get any good shots since all the pitchers teammates will stop him. like goduke said, the batter cant take a bat to the pitcher or he would go to jail. if the batter could use his bat and break the pitchers arm with no consequences then that would be fair.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

97 MPH right at the Arm- Atlanta isn’t going forget this - next time this bitch Urena goes up 2 bat? He’s dead !!!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    97 MPH right at the Arm- Atlanta isn’t going forget this - next time this bitch Urena goes up 2 bat? He’s dead !!!

First 12