danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

French Open Tennis THURSDAY: Two good games to put money on

Well I really really liked two games today but forgot to put the the bets in before I went to bed because one of the lines that i wanted to bet was offline at the time i checked.

I wanted to take Rybarikova in straight sets against Bencic but the -1.5 sets line was offline and later i went to bed without placing the bets. When I woke up today, the match has already started and finished. Sucks because it would have paid nicely at plus odds.

The second bet that I like is Barty -130 against Serena.

I was going to bet each of those for 1 units but now that I missed the first one, I went 2 units on Barty -130 against Serena. Could have gotten much better odds if i had placed it yesterday but oh well.

Ashleigh Barty serves well and puts a lot of balls in play and this can trouble Serena who is struggling to move side to side. Barty's game naturally doesn't translate to clay but she can take advantage of Serena in her current form. Serena still has amazing power and can serve well and strike the ball well but she is lacking movement. She won the first round because Krystina was moving worse that post pregnancy Serena! Barty can take this in straight sets as long as she is not on her period.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    Barty can take this in straight sets as long as she is not on her period.

The great WTA betting equalizer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheSchafe

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis a death sentence daily

NiceforWhat
    NiceforWhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a $1000 on Serena I don’t trust that back of Barty .

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tennis a death sentence daily
    It is one of the most profitable sports if you follow closely and pick your spots selectively. If you bet tennis like a degenerate gambler, it will be the spor that you lose the most money on.

with that said, i did bet like a degenerate today. just because i didnt get the bet on rybarikova i placed extra unit on what would have normally been a 1 unit play!
    Last edited by danwinkler; 05-31-18 at 12:27 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Don't know who OP was before but I like his posts, JJ he's got to be in potm rankings

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Don't know who OP was before but I like his posts, JJ he's got to be in potm rankings
    Yes. He is doing tremendous with new handle.

kenshirooo
    kenshirooo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Seems like Serena is getting back on track.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I just bought out of my Barty bets all in parlays, sucks because they have Goerges and Begu in them if they win, I dont mind breaking even, still a 3rd set left, Rere tired but her power and experience has been enough in the 2nd set.

danwinkler

I dont know why i didnt hedge when Serena was +250 during early in the 2nd set. I could have hedged for risk of 1 unit and guaranteed profit but i wasn't paying attention to the game.

PapaStef
    PapaStef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

What a choke job. Win first set 6-2 then proceeds to beat herself. Agree on the hedge, I wasn’t paying attention as well.