john hardesty
    john hardesty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Golden Rule, There's No Golden Rule

Whenever I hear people's deposit of ridiculous thoughts on handicapping, I just laugh, there's no system, only luck, and hope! Fun, always!

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

I have found that just like school, the more I studied, the "luckier" I got!

Joe.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: john hardesty

Professor1215
    Improve Everyday
    Professor1215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3212

Yes, a lot of people have insane ideas they post on this forum. I myself am trying to get past those days. I have some pretty dumb posts on this thread, threw quite a bit of money away betting sports.

And no, there isn’t a magic formula, system or trend that will get you rich, but there are mathematic concepts that people use that earn them a consistent profit year in year out. There is a very small group of people who can say they make a living betting sports. These people will never come to this forum (though we do have some diamonds in the rough in JJ and LT), as they have it figured out and wish to spend their time elsewhere.

But for most of the rest of us, we come to this forum in search of ideas, to find others with the same passion as we have. Though I’ve been doing it for nearly 20 years now, I am still a novice gambler based on my results, but I enjoy the chase, enjoy learning from my mistakes as well as others mistakes. My downfall is not having the proper amount of time to study due to the whirlwind we call life.

At the end of the day, it’s about your money on a bet versus the guy with money on the other side of the bet. In sports betting, there is a thief and a fool. Which side are you going to be on?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I don't agree. I've been up on tennis consistently for a couple years now and since it's a year-round sport I can say at this point it's not just luck. It took a few years of losing and watching matches, and getting to know the players and getting a rhythm for different players motivation/form etc. You definitely can get better with money management over time too.

john hardesty
    john hardesty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Hey O Sport, never underestimate the power of experience, been gambling since I was knee-high to a Gastropoda, but we grasp in deep thought of what we've lost, and blow what we win, breathe deep the gathering gloom...remember it's not how you play the game, but how you respect the game! Cheers!

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36705

Amazing how people think that just because they can't do something, that must mean that nobody else can.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave cobra_king 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

I have a bunch of systems that work exactly the same as they did last year. I don't know shit about the sports I'm betting on but I know how to read the market and people won't change their nature any time soon.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    Amazing how people think that just because they can't do something, that must mean that nobody else can.