Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

What's the best way to send $500

If the other person is off the grid???

I normally send westU, Money G or drop cash next day mail? Anything easier? Anyone use bitcoin atms? Most that I've seen are to buy only, not cash out? TIA?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Where?

Mac4Lyfe

Texas to Cali.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Just do money g,its like 5 bucks

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Why not **?

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Why not western U?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Just do money g,its like 5 bucks
    money G and WestU is like $50 and I have to actually go to a location.

Thought there might be an easier way now a days.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    money G and WestU is like $50 and I have to actually go to a location.

Thought there might be an easier way now a days.
    They charge $50?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

pony express

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    They charge $50?
    Yep... Cheaper to next day cash in the mail

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

That's crazy. I just sent money via western u for international money transfer, they charged only $10 here in Canada. $50 charge is ripoff.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    They charge $50?
    If they charge 50 then its went up 40 to 45 bucks from just 2 years ago when i used to send shit to costa rica all the time

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

How off the grid are they?

Are all online methods off the table? Venmo, Paypal, BTC, etc

I always get a bit hesitant sending cash in the mail, too many variables at play if it comes up missing. But I've done it many times. That's certainly your cheapest option and probably the one that the receiver prefers the most

You buying drugs online?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    How off the grid are they?

Are all online methods off the table? Venmo, Paypal, BTC, etc

I always get a bit hesitant sending cash in the mail, too many variables at play if it comes up missing. But I've done it many times. That's certainly your cheapest option and probably the one that the receiver prefers the most

You buying drugs online?
    No drugs. Sending money to a broke cousin. He has internet and a mobile phone but he's one of those conspiracy guys that don't like giving out his ID. I think he has to have an account to receive venmo and paypal? If I sent him BTC, how would he cash it?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Western union u can do online. Let him go get it

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

bitcoin atm will work but the fees are pretty steep

just send him btc and he can take his phone, scan the qr, and w/d the cash

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Western union u can do online. Let him go get it
    yeah, that seems like the only option. You'd think there'd be other outlets with so many digital currencies.

Probably best to send him a reloadable debit card for the next time he comes begging.

The Kraken

No drugs. Sending money to a broke cousin. He has internet and a mobile phone but he's one of those conspiracy guys that don't like giving out his ID. I think he has to have an account to receive venmo and paypal? If I sent him BTC, how would he cash it?
    Ya, he would have to link his Venmo or Paypal to his bank account which sounds like is out of the question.

BTC is same way, he'd have to link Coinbase or Gemini to his bank account and transfer money (or ATM as Jaker said but fees are high)
    If I did cash, I'd feel most comfortable sending overnight and certified but with certified he'd have to show his ID. I bought some Oxys from a guy once and he only took cash in mail and I accidentally sent it certified, he was fukking pissed Granted your situation is different but it's still one more step

You could always just put $500 in a really small box, wrap the shit out of it so it won't "accidentally" open in transit and just over night it, won't be that much

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    bitcoin atm will work but the fees are pretty steep
    just send him btc and he can take his phone, scan the qr, and w/d the cash
    But he'd need a bitcoin ATM near him? I did a quick search and the ones near him were to buy BTC only. I didn't see any that you could withdraw cash, unless I was looking at it wrong?

From what I saw, the fees were like 8%, which is cheaper than westU but probably harder for him to figure out.

Mac4Lyfe

Ya, he would have to link his Venmo or Paypal to his bank account which sounds like is out of the question.

BTC is same way, he'd have to link Coinbase or Gemini to his bank account and transfer money (or ATM as Jaker said but fees are high)
    If I did cash, I'd feel most comfortable sending overnight and certified but with certified he'd have to show his ID. I bought some Oxys from a guy once and he only took cash in mail and I accidentally sent it certified, he was fukking pissed Granted your situation is different but it's still one more step

You could always just put $500 in a really small box, wrap the shit out of it so it won't "accidentally" open in transit and just over night it, won't be that much
    I've overnighted $20k in the mail before and it showed up. Hell, I use to send hundreds in normal letter, wrapped in card stock. Peeps don't fukk with the US mail because of the feds.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I ** on my computer from home.i set it up that they pick it upat store and its there in minutes

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

But he'd need a bitcoin ATM near him? I did a quick search and the ones near him were to buy BTC only. I didn't see any that you could withdraw cash, unless I was looking at it wrong?

From what I saw, the fees were like 8%, which is cheaper than westU but probably harder for him to figure out.
    check bitcoin atm radar
    select the crypto to fiat option on the map
    it will show you if you can sell btc for cash. some pawn shops take it as well

where in CA? Big cities have a ton of them.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    check bitcoin atm radar
    select the crypto to fiat option on the map
    it will show you if you can sell btc for cash. some pawn shops take it as well

where in CA? Big cities have a ton of them.
    He's in West LA.

The Kraken

I've overnighted $20k in the mail before and it showed up. Hell, I use to send hundreds in normal letter, wrapped in card stock. Peeps don't fukk with the US mail because of the feds.
    I can't tell you how many packages and envelopes I've had opened and had to be delivered to me as "damaged" or "inadvertently opened". Certainly over 5.

Funniest one was some Fioricet I ordered years ago, it was clear the package got left out in the rain and was just falling apart. There was probably less than 30% of the original packaging left, just a bunch of clear tape holding a bottle of 180 Fioricet. The mail man delivered it and said "here's your drugs"

I was embarrassed but ended up getting along with him really well as he delivered to us for many years. We always got him stuff for Xmas and even his b-day.

With everything I've said, I send cash/gold coins in the mail regularly to my brother in Dallas and have never had issues with them, granted never sent anything more than a few k

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I used to send myself large amounts of money all over the place when I couldn't have it with me on flights. Always used ups overnight. Never any problems.

This dude ain't got PayPal? Wtf?? Even I got that shit!!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I ** on my computer from home.i set it up that they pick it upat store and its there in minutes
    He doesn't need it until Monday. I just hate paying the juice, which I think is higher from home versus going into the store. Just seems like there should be better options in this day of crypto.

best option is going to be sending him a reloadable debit card. He comes around 2 or 3 times a year, so might as well be prepared.

They say that money is all relative... The more money you have the more relatives you have.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

mac are u in trouble

Mac4Lyfe

I can't tell you how many packages and envelopes I've had opened and had to be delivered to me as "damaged" or "inadvertently opened". Certainly over 5.

Funniest one was some Fioricet I ordered years ago, it was clear the package got left out in the rain and was just falling apart. There was probably less than 30% of the original packaging left, just a bunch of clear tape holding a bottle of 180 Fioricet. The mail man delivered it and said "here's your drugs"

I was embarrassed but ended up getting along with him really well as he delivered to us for many years. We always got him stuff for Xmas and even his b-day.

With everything I've said, I send cash/gold coins in the mail regularly to my brother in Dallas and have never had issues with them, granted never sent anything more than a few k
    Wow, I've sent cash regular mail at least a hundred times and never had it lost or opened, thankfully. I've sent UPS and Fedex very large sums and never a problem. That's much better than sending large sums via westu or moneyg. I knew a drug guy that got busted by the feds for sending large sums to his mom using those 2.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

just do venmo very simple

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    mac are u in trouble
    LG - the last place you'll ever see me is in jail.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    just do venmo very simple
    Not so simple. You have to setup an account, then verify it, then add an account, then they add small amounts to your account that you have to verify. The small amounts can take several days to show on your account. He doesn't have a checking or savings account.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

Not so simple. You have to setup an account, then verify it, then add an account, then they add small amounts to your account that you have to verify. The small amounts can take several days to show on your account. He doesn't have a checking or savings account.
    this guys shot, tell your broke cousin to take a hike unless your close with him. hate when people beg

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

It's 9.95 yo

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

What **/ money g are you using out in Texas where they're charging you 50 to send 500 in the us. Sent someone 700 today for 8 dollars

12 Last