Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

WTF is Up With Kawhi Leonard?

He could be the laziest, most gutless POS athlete I've seen in a long long time. Reminds me of Cutler on the sidelines for the Bears when everyone knew he should be on the field.

Pathetic!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 227

He must have called Derrick Rose and got tips on sitting out as long as possible.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He'll be traded this off-season.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Organization fukked it up

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Leonard lazy?

San Antonio literally sends someone with Leonard in the off-season to make sure he doesn’t overwork himself.

Last year Kawhi said he was going to play in the playoffs but Pop wouldn’t let him. If he was healthy he would be out there.

Pop knows this is the last run for the Spurs so he and the rest of the old guys are throwing their best player under the bus.

If you watch the back to back games that Kawhi did play it’s obvious he was very bothered by his right leg.

He has said that he doesn’t have explosion and that it hurts when he jumps off of it. There isn’t a timetable for when you can return from this quad injury and if it was misdiagnosed and reinjured he needs to rest rather than tear it for old
    guys like tony parker and Pop.

If you want a list of players cleared by their
    medical staff that went on to play and reinjure themselves and mess up their career I’m happy to come back and give you some big names. The guy knows his body and his limit better than you.

Thanks

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Leonard lazy?

San Antonio literally sends someone with Leonard in the off-season to make sure he doesn’t overwork himself.

Last year Kawhi said he was going to play in the playoffs but Pop wouldn’t let him. If he was healthy he would be out there.

Pop knows this is the last run for the Spurs so he and the rest of the old guys are throwing their best player under the bus.

If you watch the back to back games that Kawhi did play it’s obvious he was very bothered by his right leg.

He has said that he doesn’t have explosion and that it hurts when he jumps off of it. There isn’t a timetable for when you can return from this quad injury and if it was misdiagnosed and reinjured he needs to rest rather than tear it for old

medical staff that went on to play and reinjure themselves and mess up their career I’m happy to come back and give you some big names. The guy knows his body and his limit better than you.

Thanks
    This is not the place for common sense and rationale. We are driven by racial bias so take that garbage somewhere else.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Leonard lazy?

Thanks
    As a Spurs fan I agree and this whole situation could have been avoided if he had any bit of PR sense. By being quiet and not saying anything it's led up to all this speculation.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26379

Will he ever play another game? geez

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3484

Strange situation. Wonder what the truth is here?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He mustn’t be mad at pop

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Spurs in an odd dilemma here as this type of controversy never comes to that organization. Pops is irritated but I think kawhi is playing it safe.

He won't play for the Spurs again

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

My guess based on his body language at times last yr during his career season was that he was frustrated at the lack of free reign on offense that guys like lebron and Harden have on their respective teams

Pops system, although highly successful is built on efficiency and team play, whereas I suspect kawhi wants to explore the improv aspects as the star that his elite peers exercise daily

Thinking about it from his perspective, he's alrdy got the hundo million dollar contracts and the multiple championships. He doesn't have the monster individual seasons and accolades

Or it could just be that he's furious ab how they handled his injury

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

I miss him. Love his game. So sick of all these guys being out with injury.

He is one of those great players that figure out what they need to improve on, and get it done in the off season.

He is the anti-Melo. Or even Westbrook ( get better @ 3s or stop taking them).

I have a feeling Pop figures it out, sends the grampa`s out to pasture, and sign LeBron. A couple more moves and all of a sudden they are a tough out in the West.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

He will look great in a Wolves uniform if free style is what he wants

That 4th qtr was pathetic yesterday. KAT gets no touches, Wiggins shooting 14ft fade aways, Butler and Djeng doing pick and roll play for the 1st 4 minutes then just Butler 1on1.... I'd swap Wiggins for Leonard.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16228

He's in a contract year. His next deal will be 30mil per year over 5 years?? 150mil is a lot to risk playing with a chronic injury. That said, he's being paid to play THIS season.

Pop clearly feels he's taking liberties. He's had countless opportunities to defend Leonard but every time he just says it's out of our hands. When he was asked why Leonard is in New York he muttered he's rehabbing in New York, then gave a wistful/ forlorn stare...

shadymcgrady

Lol I think anyone would swap Wiggins for Leonard even Wiggins family members

Kawhi one of my favorite players today along with Lillard, draymond and butler

I thought he was 2nd in mvp voting behind Harden last yr despite all the dumbfukks that kept touting Westbrook

The same guys that never played real bball in their lives and think that espn is the Bible

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

That 4th qtr was pathetic yesterday. KAT gets no touches, Wiggins shooting 14ft fade aways, Butler and Djeng doing pick and roll play for the 1st 4 minutes then just Butler 1on1.... I'd swap Wiggins for Leonard.
    Wiggins for Leonard? You're talking about the 2nd best player in the league for someone that is the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Fats. C`mon man. Gonna take a whole lot more than Wiggins to get Kawhi. But keep dreaming.
    On the other observation of the Wolves total lack of offensive cohesiveness. Get used to it as long as Tin that Thibs doesn`t hire and hand over the reigns to an offensive guru. The last play with Butler is what a 7th grade girls team would have run in that time/situation.
    Watch what Stevens comes up with in a similar situation for the Celts.

topcat123
    topcat123's Avatar Become A Pro!

from what ive heard on the amy lawrance show is hes a ass and wants more money,and it is pathetic harry n.Llod.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Wiggins for Leonard? You're talking about the 2nd best player in the league for someone that is the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team.
    What's he worth to SA if he's not playing?

They can get arguably the 3rd or 4th best player in the league under 25 and build a team around him. Might toss in a few draft picks- they'll be late 1st round going fwd but SA doesn't really have choices here.

shadymcgrady

All we can do is speculate since San Antonio is masterful at keeping their dirty laundry behind closed doors

As far as Wiggins goes, he was a lofty draft pick with purebred pedigree but I think his window of opportunity has passed. He's been given every chance to succeed and hasn't seized the opportunity. He's mentally soft and that's not likely to change in time before his physical window closes

A very interesting debate can be made right now between Andrew Wiggins and journeyman will Barton. Who is the better player and who would a team rather have at this point?

topcat123
    topcat123's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes not worth anything if es not playing.

IBetYou

Wiggins isn't top 20 under 25. I can name 7 players in this year's draft class that are better than him already: Fultz, Tatum, Josh.Jackson, Markkanen, Mitchell, Smith, Kuzma. You're a bit out of touch here paly.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 04-16-18 at 11:00 AM. Reason: mitchell too

IBetYou

They could ship him to Boston for Tatum & Brown...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Wiggins is shit
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Trade him for Kyrie.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11999

Even a healthy and dialed in Leonard can't save the Spurs in this series.. Spurs run is over.. They need a complete team rebuild..

Warriors are gonna roll this old washed up team and sweep..

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Bookmaker had a prop

Will Kawhi Leonard be on the San Antonio Spurs roster for the start of 2018-19 season?

Yes -400
    No +280

They took it off the board now.

I hammered No.

Just out of principle alone... Pop won't stand for what Kawhi did to the team....

Guy is 100% healthy.

As you clearly see... San Antonio isn't even a playoff team without him. Team is old. Leonard wants to be somewhere else. How can you coach a player for letting you down like that? Very surprised Bookmaker had it at No +280

Giving money away.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3629

The guy isnt even showing up to support the Team,alot more to it then a bloody injury.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Wiggins for Leonard

😂😂😂

DOM-Ganador

Never happen. Those two are the building blocks and under rookie deals for a while.
    Can`t think of any player Ainge would trade both of them for and get saddled with another max deal.

PatsFan1283
    PatsFan1283's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Maybe it is 1 of those things where a team sees you have certain assets and they want to make sure they get some of those assets in return. Similar to when the Celts had the Nets picks and it was difficult to trade because teams were insisting 1 of those picks had to be in the deal.

But Leonard only has 1yr left on his deal and recent history suggests you don't net as much as you used to in that spot. Maybe the Celts would deal 1 for Leonard but definitely not both. Even 1 I think is steep considering Celts would also have to get rid of 1 of Hayward/Horford (either in that deal or another deal) to make it work cap wise.

If they got Kawhi for Hayward/Rozier/Kings pick it wouldn't shock me, that's a nice haul for a guy with 1 foot out the door. Although the optics of dealing a guy they just netted in a FA sweepstakes would not be good.
    Last edited by PatsFan1283; 04-16-18 at 12:36 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3629

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Bookmaker had a prop

Will Kawhi Leonard be on the San Antonio Spurs roster for the start of 2018-19 season?

Yes -400
    No +280

They took it off the board now.

I hammered No.

Just out of principle alone... Pop won't stand for what Kawhi did to the team....

Guy is 100% healthy.

As you clearly see... San Antonio isn't even a playoff team without him. Team is old. Leonard wants to be somewhere else. How can you coach a player for letting you down like that? Very surprised Bookmaker had it at No +280

Giving money away.
    You made some easy cash with this bet.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

A quad injury? That won't heal? Not buying it.

That's a long way from the heart, Kawhi.

It sounds like a little kid saying he has a 'tummy ache' so he can miss school.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11999

I do remember when Leonard was healthy and in playing shape the dude was unstoppable and one of the best in the league..

I'd like to see the Lakers pick him up in the off season... Lakers have done trade deals before with the Spurs organization.. It's not uncommon trading grounds anyways....

12 Last