clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Manfred is a moron. He just can't figure it out. Worst commissioner in all major sports.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Every year I ask myself the same thing

Why do opening day in northern cities?

20220407-083702

You think this is good baseball weather lol

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

The Yanks play Boston, one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports. What's the complaint again? Such a waste of a thread.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    The Yanks play Boston, one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports. What's the complaint again? Such a waste of a thread.
    The Yankees & Boston can play in May-Sept.

All the games should be west coast, domes or down south till April 20
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave MinnesotaFats 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

It's 90 in so cal today. I think that's like 30 in Canadian

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The Yankees & Boston can play in May-Sept.

All the games should be west coast, domes or down south till April 20
    South teams will not agree with this. Braves love to play north teams in July and August when it is 95 and humid here. Easy wins.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    WHO won today?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

gotta be tough for the players to tackle and make quick/sharp cuts, or throw a pigskin over a mountain in this weather

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you watch baseball you don’t have much going on

Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4826

I didn't read the whole thread, so idk if other teams have this or not. And I'm sure its because those greedy bastards were fighting over billions of dollars so we're starting late. But my brewers start the season playing 14 games in 14 days. That's rediculous

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread, so idk if other teams have this or not. And I'm sure its because those greedy bastards were fighting over billions of dollars so we're starting late. But my brewers start the season playing 14 games in 14 days. That's rediculous
    Exactly

It's fukking retarded

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

You guys make it sound like scheduling 162 games for 30 teams is a piece of pie. Get a grip fellers and enjoy the season rather then b!tch and moan about everything.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    You guys make it sound like scheduling 162 games for 30 teams is a piece of pie. Get a grip fellers and enjoy the season rather then b!tch and moan about everything.
    Well they have made it seem pretty hard when they keep making the same mistakes over and over. Manfred is the worst commissioner in sports. Yes even worse then Bettman.

162 game season needs to be removed

140 games

Start season on April 18 or so. Get rid of the last week as well. Start playoffs on last week of September.

Add more teams to the playoffs. 7 in each league.

Best of 5
    Best of 7
    Best of 7

World series best of 7

All three division winners get in . Next four best records get in. Three best of 5 series and top record gets that round off. Then two best of 7 series then the LCS series best of 7 to go to the world series.

Every sport has expanded playoffs at a much quicker pace with the possible exception of the NFL for obvious reasons. Baseball is making the regular season useless with so many games. Teams are out of it in July maybe even June.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog5229 View Post
    it must suck to be down in Florida or Arizona for spring training in nice weather, then have to go up to the midwest or northeast to 40 degree weather and play baseball. Im sure it takes a couple weeks to get use to.
    ~~~
    Not really applicable this year with an average of 17 Spring Training games.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Well they have made it seem pretty hard when they keep making the same mistakes over and over. Manfred is the worst commissioner in sports. Yes even worse then Bettman.

162 game season needs to be removed

140 games

Start season on April 18 or so. Get rid of the last week as well. Start playoffs on last week of September.

Add more teams to the playoffs. 7 in each league.

Best of 5
    Best of 7
    Best of 7

World series best of 7

All three division winners get in . Next four best records get in. Three best of 5 series and top record gets that round off. Then two best of 7 series then the LCS series best of 7 to go to the world series.

Every sport has expanded playoffs at a much quicker pace with the possible exception of the NFL for obvious reasons. Baseball is making the regular season useless with so many games. Teams are out of it in July maybe even June.
    I get what your saying and I agree with most of it! But mlb will never ever get aWay from 162, itll never happen! The season is wayyyy too long, and the number of pointless games with teams out of contention is maddening.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I get what your saying and I agree with most of it! But mlb will never ever get aWay from 162, itll never happen! The season is wayyyy too long, and the number of pointless games with teams out of contention is maddening.
    The revenue sharing / contracts are based solely on regular season. Players get paid 0 for post-season

First 12