opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Tough day for me, boys....

Took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten today. Here in Texas its a full day, 8-3:30, 5 days a week. Not gonna lie, it was one of the toughest moments I've had. Funny thing is, it's not her that it was so hard on....it was me and her mom. She was pretty excited about the whole deal. Hanging out with kids her age, playing on the playground, getting to be a jr. cheerleader. I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Barely made it outside before I cried like a bitch.

Maybe some others on here know what I'm talking about. Hopefully you young guys will get to experience it one day. If you do, just remember to enjoy every minute to the fullest. I know its cliche', but you won't believe how quickly it passes.
    Points Awarded:

blittydeuce gave opie1988 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 11 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY, jjgold, SBR_John, hardball, nosniboR11, lemart5, dodger33, FuzzyDunlop, Delicious, shari91, and SBR Lou

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

mods saloon this shit.
    Points Awarded:

cant call it gave Ghenghis Kahn 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wal66 gave Ghenghis Kahn 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it, wal66, Pew Pew, and GamblerSpirit

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I've been there opie.

Very tough.

You'll get made fun of a lot in this thread, because most posters haven't gone through it. Hits you hard though -- harder than you'd think. First time you have to let go.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

crying?

that's a bit far. i can relate completely, but not with the crying part.

opie, grow a pair.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

She went to school, pal. Not a hostel or somewhere abroad. Your local school.

Unreals.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

It gets easier Opie, hang in there.

Coolcanuck79
    Coolcanuck79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24274

I get the joy of experiencing it next week Opie! I know exactly what you are saying.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Another dumb thread.... This is a gambling forum you prikk...

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Crying??

Blondie
    Blondie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten today. Here in Texas its a full day, 8-3:30, 5 days a week. Not gonna lie, it was one of the toughest moments I've had. Funny thing is, it's not her that it was so hard on....it was me and her mom. She was pretty excited about the whole deal. Hanging out with kids her age, playing on the playground, getting to be a jr. cheerleader. I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Barely made it outside before I cried like a bitch.

Maybe some others on here know what I'm talking about. Hopefully you young guys will get to experience it one day. If you do, just remember to enjoy every minute to the fullest. I know its cliche', but you won't believe how quickly it passes.
    Awww the first one is always the hardest to let go of the first day of school. It will get easier and as she grows up you will have many, many more times you have to let go a little. Each time it will hurt a little bit less, however, there is always the time when you will have moments where you realize just how much you have had to let go over the years and let her grow!

I am sure she will have a wonderful time

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I never cried, i guess people act/deal with it in different ways. I was extremely happy when my daughter had her 1st day of school as she was as excited as can be. You will be ok opie. You have everything as will your daughter keep your fuking chin up guy, oh yeah don't let her see you crying either.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    crying?

that's a bit far. i can relate completely, but not with the crying part.

opie, grow a pair.

Not actual bawling, but definitely a few tears welled up. Like I said, I waited till I was out in the parking lot. I surely didn't want to upset her by seeing me like that. However, once outside, I imagine a few of the other parents probably thought I had lost it.

Funny thing is I'm not an overly emotional guy. Not a big crier at movies or any of that stuff. But for whatever reason she brings it out of me.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been there and didn't find it tough at all, glad to get him out of the house.

I do take your point though.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My oldest son starts next Monday, don't feel so old only being 30. I could understand how you feel Opie when you ha your child when you were 59.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

kids are almost always -EV

if you can get them an agent and get them modeling/acting work then yeah of course they are money, but most of them are extremely -EV

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by rumnblack View Post
    Been there and didn't find it tough at all, glad to get him out of the house.

I do take your point though.

I would imagine its easier with a boy. Its just hard for me not to be there to watch over her like I have for the last 5 years.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

The plus side is that she was excited to go. Opie, imagine how'd you react if she was holding on to your leg and the school-commies were trying to pull her away. Really hope she is going to a private school.

acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    kids are almost always -EV

if you can get them an agent and get them modeling/acting work then yeah of course they are money, but most of them are extremely -EV

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not actual bawling, but definitely a few tears welled up. Like I said, I waited till I was out in the parking lot. I surely didn't want to upset her by seeing me like that. However, once outside, I imagine a few of the other parents probably thought I had lost it.

Funny thing is I'm not an overly emotional guy. Not a big crier at movies or any of that stuff. But for whatever reason she brings it out of me.
    Pretty sure the Rangers losing made you cry as well. So I am not sure how sweet of a gesture this is.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

unreal

hang in there pal

crack open one of those fukkin 2 dime bottles of wine from the cellar with dinner tonight

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Pretty sure the Rangers losing made you cry as well. So I am not sure how sweet of a gesture this is.

Only tears I have shed in the past 10 years have been at the following: 1)Romo fumbling that snap against Seattle. 2) Game 6 of last years World Series. 3)probably 3-4 times involving the kiddo.

I think those are all fairly legitimate reasons.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No idea what it is like but seems real tough

This is not a thread to slam Opie

Opie I am going to send you a $200 bottle of Champagne

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Kindergarten is one of the moments when you realize that your kids won't be stuck in a state of suspended animation for the rest of their lives.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9812

is the teacher hot, or what about the other parents

How many are mixed, single, etc

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I would imagine its easier with a boy. Its just hard for me not to be there to watch over her like I have for the last 5 years.
    There are three things that make this particularly hard:

1) She's a girl.
    2) You've been taking care of her pretty much every minute of her life for the first five years (unless your kid goes to daycare) and suddenly you aren't.
    3) You know they lose their innocence when they go to school. That's what makes this day harder than anything until they leave home for good. It's good for them, no doubt, but that naivete is gone forever once they start to interact daily with that many more kids.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Keep ur head up pal.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There are three things that make this particularly hard:

1) She's a girl.
    2) You've been taking care of her pretty much every minute of her life for the first five years (unless your kid goes to daycare) and suddenly you aren't.
    3) You know they lose their innocence when they go to school. That's what makes this day harder than anything until they leave home for good. It's good for them, no doubt, but that naivete is gone forever once they start to interact daily with that many more kids.

You're exactly right. Not only did she never go to daycare, but she actually rode around with me at work the majority of the time from when she was two weeks old. I took her to job sites in the car carrier.

I know its how it has to be, and we're excited for all the great opportunities that she has....but its a killer to not be there to make sure she's okay. Even for just the day.

I appreciate your insight, No Coin. Like you said, tough to understand if you haven't been there.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You're exactly right. Not only did she never go to daycare, but she actually rode around with me at work the majority of the time from when she was two weeks old. I took her to job sites in the car carrier.

I know its how it has to be, and we're excited for all the great opportunities that she has....but its a killer to not be there to make sure she's okay. Even for just the day.

I appreciate your insight, No Coin. Like you said, tough to understand if you haven't been there.
    It's part of what makes life great though -- especially if you're blessed enough to be with her every step of the way until this point. My wife and I both made serious professional sacrifices to make sure one of us got a chance to be with the kids every day until they went to school. Hasn't been easy, but looking back, the time we spend with them when they're this young is time you just don't get back.

Hug her extra tight tonight opie. Always good to hear from you pal.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

i love you Opie !!

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Opie, I have no idea what you are going through bud. Be strong pal.

I have a baby girl due in a little over a month though. Seems unreal

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Sign her up for some pagents man.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Took my daughter to her first day of kindergarten today. Here in Texas its a full day, 8-3:30, 5 days a week. Not gonna lie, it was one of the toughest moments I've had. Funny thing is, it's not her that it was so hard on....it was me and her mom. She was pretty excited about the whole deal. Hanging out with kids her age, playing on the playground, getting to be a jr. cheerleader. I, on the other hand, was a wreck. Barely made it outside before I cried like a bitch

Well get ready to go pick her up and hear about her 1st day in school, ever...should be a fun conversation.

Enjoy it!

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone ever notice Opie's kid has brown hair while he and his wife have blonde hair. Rumor is armadillo is that his kid looks like his cousin Cletus.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

my wife took my son when he started kindergarten, so i got to miss out on that.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I need a fukkin tissue now

1234 ... Last