bracephilosophyy
    bracephilosophyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

Take the dogs in the NIT against teams that didn't make the tourney

Been using this strategy for a few years now and the teams that get snubbed for the NCAA tourney usually don't care about the NIT and most likely lose outright. I remember syracuse not caring at all last year lost at home. Tonight ok state I'm looking at to fade they are a 10.5 favorite over fla gulf coast. Either they want to prove the committee messed up or they come out and don't care. Usully the latter. Thoughts are welcomed

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

This is what I too was thinking ..same game FGC taking take points and maybe even win . Also like NKU and WAG

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

yes this works - I agree

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The big names will try

The home court does not make this a good strategy , NCAA tournament the neutral court under dog is much better

bracephilosophyy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The big names will try

The home court does not make this a good strategy , NCAA tournament the neutral court under dog is much better
    Jj go away your act is getting old here

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I agree to an extent. Be careful though...some teams are having to travel cross country, and play 48 hours after the bracket was announced. Rider to Oregon and SE Louisiana to Saint Marys are rough trips on that short of notice.

magaman
    Update your status

The big names will try

actually home court makes it better... you should fade if you disagree

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Heard on Sirius XM that the Louisville players took a vote and voted not to participate in NIT. Then the university officials came and said yes you have to play the NIT.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I forgot Wagner to Baylor and Nc Asheville to USC....NIT Committee did these regular season champs no favors.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Heard on Sirius XM that the Louisville players took a vote and voted not to participate in NIT. Then the university officials came and said yes you have to play the NIT.
    NKU looks forward to these in-state games against the big boys. They gave UK a good run in last years tournament. NKU will have people in the stands.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lets see what happens

interesting angles

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I see the market is wise to this angle... Ville should be a 12 pt chalk on home floor - but only 8

I still think the angle works. Motivation with one team vs lack thereof can mean 10-20 pt swing

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2334

Did any dogs cover last night?

phinfan27615

Saw the higher seeds won every game

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I hope old Brace will just go away now.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

A few dogs were outright winning at halftime and then proceeded to get destroyed in the second half failing to cover

Regul8er
    Wordd

UNC Asheville was the only dog to cover the closing number. A few would have beat the original number if you grabbed them on Monday.

Very chalky day.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I don't think the number mattered to Brace. Didn't he say in another thread that he doesn't play spreads, he just picks the winner?

Regul8er
    Wordd

I havent a clue who brace is....pretty certain I've ever crossed paths with him. I was just answering phinfan's question if any dogs covered.

bracephilosophyy

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    I don't think the number mattered to Brace. Didn't he say in another thread that he doesn't play spreads, he just picks the winner?
    When I make a lock thread That's when I lock a moneyline dog or fav that I'm confident in. These threads are for discussions. They aren't my picks. I'm 3-0 posting my lock picks

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Probably factored in to the line

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

I agree

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by bracephilosophyy View Post
    When I make a lock thread That's when I lock a moneyline dog or fav that I'm confident in. These threads are for discussions. They aren't my picks. I'm 3-0 posting my lock picks
    Understood! Thanks for the clarification.

phinfan27615

Hyprocrite. dude says take the dogs in the nit tourney then only one even covers the spread and he tries to backtrack and say not his picks. where is the player's advocate on this? this is especially ironic because you are in twizzle and other's pick threads "holding them accountable" yet offer no accountability yourself

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan27615 View Post
    Hyprocrite. dude says take the dogs in the nit tourney then only one even covers the spread and he tries to backtrack and say not his picks. where is the player's advocate on this? this is especially ironic because you are in twizzle and other's pick threads "holding them accountable" yet offer no accountability yourself
    Are you surprised phin? This guy is a fukin clown. I am starting to think this is kidpokker. Just let time go by and when his record ends up going south, and we all know it will, this handle will also be gone.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Talent gap just too big.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

The big names will try

Yah. I played my alma mater last night Okla state -11. And have them in SBRs dble up NIT futures contest. 8:1. Not sure though. Notre Dame the fav to win NIT 3:1 looked very good last nite, like they are taking it serious. Although they lost the -22 in a no time left 3 pointer against them, winning by 21. South Cal had major issues last nite winning in dble ot. But their best player is not playing nit as the nba draft is upcoming, and he wont risk injury for nit. ** I will say that #1 seed USC played their heart out though and refused to lose that game** without their best player though proly hopeless for them against NIT top seeds.
    Last edited by vividjohn45; 03-14-18 at 11:36 AM.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I think Lafayette will beat LSU straight up and Temple will beat Penn State straight up. Both smaller school teams are on the road, but they are playing in their home state. Dogs bark tonight.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Temple such a weird team. If you solely look at good wins, they have to be top 25 or so in the country. Beat Auburn, South Carolina and Clemson (with Grantham) on a neutral court, @ SMU and vs Wichita. Butttt......then you see those head scratching losses. Lost by double digits at home to Tulane, by 33 at Cincy, by 21 at home vs HOuston and by 18 at Tulsa. Not to mention non conference losses to Lasalle and GW. WHich Temple team shows up?

bracephilosophyy

I said the dogs in years past usually cover against teams that got snubbed. I was trying to bring it to light for sbr to see if there was an angle to exploit. Go watch the Knicks lose to dallas

bracephilosophyy

[QUOTE=unde0087;27651890]Are you surprised phin? This guy is a fukin clown. I am starting to think this is kidpokker. Just let time go by and when his record ends up going south, and we all know it will, this handle will also be gone

Just
    Follow brace I'll take you to the promise land

phinfan27615

I said the dogs in years past usually cover against teams that got snubbed. I was trying to bring it to light for sbr to see if there was an angle to exploit. Go watch the Knicks lose to dallas

the title of the post is "Take the dogs in the NIT against teams that didn't make the tourney". That's a clear plan and following that advice would have caused someone to go 1-8 just taking the spreads assuming they didn't waste any ml's too. That is horrible and way worse than any of the people's whose threads you comment on. Add those to your 3 winners of which was a ml on a 4 point favorite that won by 1 pt) and you are 4-8 and down more than 4 units. Doesn't look like you're headed towards the promised land

KDF500
    Long time listener, first time caller
    KDF500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1117

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Temple such a weird team. If you solely look at good wins, they have to be top 25 or so in the country. Beat Auburn, South Carolina and Clemson (with Grantham) on a neutral court, @ SMU and vs Wichita. Butttt......then you see those head scratching losses. Lost by double digits at home to Tulane, by 33 at Cincy, by 21 at home vs HOuston and by 18 at Tulsa. Not to mention non conference losses to Lasalle and GW. WHich Temple team shows up?
    This has been my thought process with this club all season.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

...Yea this guy is a J O.....!!!