bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

anyone have Dish Network (or direct tv)?

just got their service. seemed to good to be true 5 tv's all HD for $79/mth

snowed an inch today and everything is out. the dish is 3 stories up would take a professional climber to get to that thing. is snow a huge issue?

this blows

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Only if it’s real wet and sticking to the dish.

Sucks as ya just have to wait til she falls/melts off.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Been thinking about it but the cost/benefit just isn't there. I am thinking about just going to 400 MB internet and OTA TV with DVR and upgrading my streaming boxes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hey pal

Get a fukkin ladder man and clean it

Stop the fukkin drama cuz

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hey pal

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Directv over here, if I lived any where on the east coast or up north in the rainy States I know the dish would fizzzz out all the time and that would SUCK!!!!.. I'd go with cable or something else..

Here in Southern California the dishes never go out unless it's a crazy rare down pour of rain which doesn't happen very often..

I give Directv the thumbs up in sunny States.. I like their Genie DVR's that can record 5 channels at the same time too..

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Have directv for years now. If you also have at&t I’d suggest merging both accounts. You get a $15 bill credit plus hbo free for life. Service was out most of the day. I’d suggest having a big Dvr library.

Also be careful of the $79 charge. Pretty sure there’s some time limit on it & once out of promotion the price can get pretty high

bonusguy

yes $79 for 5 tv's would cost $200 at least cable for this much

as for climbing a ladder tonight you would need to be on drugs to do that. slippery heavily angled roof in the dark, 40 foot fall to the pavement. problem is just got the service cant have this happening all the time

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I call Directv every 3 months on average and ask to cancel service.. They switch me to the cancellation department and I get a cancellation rep that asks me "why do you want to cancel?". I'm bluffing of course.. I then say "the bill is too high now as it use to be a $100 month, can you do anything for me to change my mind?".. They usually do something..

My Directv bill is around $100 - $120 a month but I have 3 DVR's connected and all movie and sport channels available in my house.. I still think it's a good deal.. The bill has shot up to $160 at times and I make that cancellation call when that happens. Bill gets reduced every time...

You know, I figure I save $20-$30 a month with those cancellation Directv calls and it adds up over time... $30 X's 12 months is $360.00 a year saved.. That's how I look at it... Don't get lazy people...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Hey pal

bonusguy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I call Directv every 3 months on average and ask to cancel service.. They switch me to the cancellation department and I get a cancellation rep that asks me "why do you want to cancel?". I'm bluffing of course.. I then say "the bill is too high now as it use to be a $100 month, can you do anything for me to change my mind?".. They usually do something..

My Directv bill is around $100 - $120 a month but I have 3 DVR's connected and all movie and sport channels available in my house.. I still think it's a good deal.. The bill has shot up to $160 at times and I make that cancellation call when that happens. Bill gets reduced every time...

You know, I figure I save $20-$30 a month with those cancellation Directv calls and it adds up over time... $30 X's 12 months is $360.00 a year saved.. That's how I look at it... Don't get lazy people...
    thats a great deal. $110 about for 3 tv's all those channels. good shopping

jjgold

youtube tv all you need

forget all these silly stations you never use

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bonusguy View Post
    thats a great deal. $110 about for 3 tv's all those channels. good shopping
    I work it and I know it's a good deal.. Been with Directv for over 10 years now....

If I left it alone it would be $160 a month in 4 to 6 months.... Directv slowly and steadily jacks your bill over time if you aren't paying attention.. Gotta make those calls... You're on hold for while usually as well.. Never fun but you gotta do it..

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2334

I only pay for internet and stream everything through reddit, half the time it works better than the apps from the cable providers especially watchespn

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan27615 View Post
    I only pay for internet and stream everything through reddit, half the time it works better than the apps from the cable providers especially watchespn
    If I were broke or struggling I'd do that.. Just pay for solid high speed internet service and get a huge computer monitor or computer friendly smart TV, stream everything.. You'll save and get what you need..

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2334

If I were broke or struggling I'd do that.. Just pay for solid high speed internet service and get a huge computer monitor or computer friendly smart TV, stream everything.. You'll save and get what you need..
    Exactly, I have 400 mbs (200mbs was fine but cheaper to upgrade after the initial year was up) internet for my pc w dual 24" monitors and an xbox hooked up to my 40" inch television and I don't think I'll ever need to upgrade from this set up

bracephilosophyy
    bracephilosophyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

I do the exact same thing lol I always bluff them with canceling and they reduce my bill from like 130 to 79 every time

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Every once in awhile if the snow sticks to it real bad, I have to go out and hose it off to get reception. Very rarely though.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bracephilosophyy View Post
    I do the exact same thing lol I always bluff them with canceling and they reduce my bill from like 130 to 79 every time
    Smart man... You don't get rich in life by giving away money..

Huge companies make most of their profits off lazy people that don't pay attention to their slowly growing bills... Directv is a huge money making company merging with other super businesses and for a reason!!

jjgold

Always remember smart people don’t watch television and don’t let revolve around it

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Always remember smart people don’t watch television and don’t let revolve around it
    Pretty funny coming from a guy who's life revolves around an internet forum.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

True they read books, read the business sections of the news papers and the wall street journal... JJ not stupid, fat and bald after all.. .. Just kidding bud you know I like you JJ...

Come out to Cali and I'll get you in shape and give you a wig and get you a tan buddy.. Chicks will be fighting over you when you fly back to Jersey... Cheers!!!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bonusguy View Post
    just got their service. seemed to good to be true 5 tv's all HD for $79/mth

snowed an inch today and everything is out. the dish is 3 stories up would take a professional climber to get to that thing. is snow a huge issue?

this blows
    There's a great satellite forum on the internet with fantastic posters and advice. I'd post the link here... but SBR won't allow that... so just google it.

3 stories is awfully high.... damn... I read on that satellite forum... a dish subscriber used his kids Super Soaker squirt gun to clean off his dish. Fills it with Hot water... stands outside... and shoots the dish. The snow melts/falls right off.

Also... you'll notice with Dish's picture... not all channels are 1080p but you can only tell with 55" or higher TV's.

I'm with DirecTV I only pay $57.00 a month for the Entertainment package... 2 TV's. The key is... negotiate during the summer months... June/July/August... most providers like Dish and DirecTV give tons of discounts and free movie channels.... especially if you threaten to cancel. It's the worst months for satellite providers.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

4 DVRs directv

shitload of channels

around $120

jjgold

wow

you guys just watch tv day and night

All I need is 10 channels no loser sports packages or loser movie channels

Guys become winners and do other things..throw tv away

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Have DirecTV and love it. Live in Florida so it rains quite a bit, but the signal doesn't go out too often. When it does I just switch from hi-def to standard def and it works 99% of the time in the rain.