guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    A whole lotta volatility lately for seemingly no reason, in both directions. Is the next move below 3,800 or above 3,950?
    Bonds are getting way oversold. I went long today, well TLT calls. I don't think the stock market tops out until later this year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Bonds are getting way oversold. I went long today, well TLT calls. I don't think the stock market tops out until later this year.
    Hmmm, maybe, I dunno. Everything is happening ahead in warp speed ahead of schedule. But if you have the crystal ball then when and where does the market top out later this year?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Hmmm, maybe, I dunno. Everything is happening ahead in warp speed ahead of schedule. But if you have the crystal ball then when and where does the market top out later this year?
    Look at margin debt year over year. In the past 50 years, it has gone up over 60% 4 times, and all 4 times it marked a multi-year high in the market. It will take a major sell-off next month for that 60% rise yoy not to occur in March.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    but that is not only due to selling, it is mostly due to the expectation that the Fed which sets base lending rates by policy is going to make a move rates higher eventually and also taper purchases.
    So remember there is more than just a simple buy/sell mechanism happening.

Snowball

cheaps I like are supv, chs, bbar, arco, vkind, look into those. vkind is merging with cei 1 for 1. and perhaps some cheap shipping prefer dry bulk to energy.
    way too early to scoop up tech with few exceptions. tell you one tech sleeper but it's really young and small and canadian. venzee, snsff. i also have a couple on radar like wimi and casa.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

Added more XOM and started positions in SACH and CODI which pay nice dividends...as mentioned, I am slowing my roll on extended tech, doesn’t mean I’m selling, but new capital shld go elsewhere for at least 1st half of year....expecting BTC to pull back at least to 38k and then adding sum mo...I am buying ethereum like every fuking day

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    cheaps I like are supv, chs, bbar, arco, vkind, look into those. vkind is merging with cei 1 for 1. and perhaps some cheap shipping prefer dry bulk to energy.
    way too early to scoop up tech with few exceptions. tell you one tech sleeper but it's really young and small and canadian. venzee, snsff.
    Followed on SUPV, waiting for CHS pullback

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Followed on SUPV, waiting for CHS pullback
    good. remind me not to sell too soon. sometimes I will sell calls but not this month on SUPV.
    we are going through some pain here but I know you agree with the longer term prospects.
    That is probably my worst trait. Selling too soon. I would be very wealthy if I didn't do that over the years.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    but that is not only due to selling, it is mostly due to the expectation that the Fed which sets base lending rates by policy is going to make a move rates higher eventually and also taper purchases.
    So remember there is more than just a simple buy/sell mechanism happening.
    Eventually doesn't really mean anything. Of course the Fed will raise rates eventually. But eventually could be 2022 or 2025 or 2030. Raising in 2022 is very different from raising in 2030. The current expectation seems to be no raising until late into 2023, if not later.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Worst day ive had in awhile

SCR
    PENN
    PLTR
    FANS
    PAVM
    CHDN
    DKNG

Figure it out

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

So yesterday is a prime example of why on a daily basis, I return to cash. Sure my long term boat anchors in gold took a dive and for some reason I kept trying to find a spot to go long yesterday in the SPY. Hell I was having an off day when the obvious trade was a SPXU long, but all in all, I lost small yesterday while preserving the capital for today. So today is another day, I don't think the selling is over yet. That doesn't mean that today is a deep dive down the hole, it could, but I think the market floats higher or has a big rally from the buy the dip crowd coming back in so we might have a blow your hair back rally back up towards the high from last week. I do think that last week is a high point for a couple of months to come before the market rallies again in April. Then the market will realize that it is all held together with bullsh!t and in May, a collapse like last year will happen. That's my thoughts.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 02-26-21 at 06:40 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Slurry
    you know how it goes - the precipitous falls are always faster and steeper than the long and slow climbs back up the mountain.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Slurry
    you know how it goes - the precipitous falls are always faster and steeper than the long and slow climbs back up the mountain.
    Are we in the midst of a precipitous fall right now?

Market couldn't hold early gains at all.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Just went back into cash fully. Will check back in a few weeks.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Slurry
    Not necessarily. That late Oct to early Nov. rise was pretty precipitous. And of course last year's late March rise from the lows.

Slurry Pumper

I think for the next couple of weeks we see a choppy market with big swings either way. Real good for traders who know the price levels to buy in and sell at. The market will punish a bad mistake however so be CAREFUL. Overall the entire market starts making lower highs and lower lows until we get that fat stimulus check, then its back to the races for another little while before it gets flushed down the dumper.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25088

Market's giving me another chance to fill in my gold/silver holdings. Or sucking me in, not sure which it is.

Slurry Pumper

Gold eventually wins, but the real winners are probably my kids with that play.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by ex50warrior View Post
    Market's giving me another chance to fill in my gold/silver holdings. Or sucking me in, not sure which it is.

dittos

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

What a whipsaw day. S&P jumped about .6% and then promptly fell 1% all in the last 15-20 minutes.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

When is that stimulus coming?

whydubya
    whydubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8399

https://investorplace.com/2021/02/se...d-stocks-list/

PTTN which has been mentioned here before on this list..too bad. Always a risk with pennies

trobin31

Started research on travel/leisure....there is money to be made with re-opening trades....

$BKNG: You guys who obsess over valuations aren't gonna like this but Booking DOT Fuk'n yeah....P/E of 100+ easily on this one by spring time....once Girls Gone Wild in Cancun is back in full effect the FOMO will be intense here...especially after maw stim check gets here...first place your tarded US college aged kid is going....honestly, if ABNB is trading at a larger market cap when BKNG has twice the revenue... this is Captain Obvious play....Booking yeah

$RICK: you are gonna have to do your own DD on this one....it might be painful... you have to take a plane to South Florida and visit any number of luxury Gentleman's clubs on their portfolio... just remember for every dollar you shove down some poor young single mother's thong you will also be paying yourself a dividend.

$SIX: Six flags is opening, the chart looks beautiful...their balance sheet is fine for a company who lost 80% of their business...honestly seems like the safest play to me...this is the best play!

$MMYT: This is BKNG/Expedia of India....they lowered their debt recently and for sure will be increasing their revenue and riding travel waves soon...chart flagging just like others.... higher highs and higher lows all year

$TRVG: Snowball put me onto this one early and its been printing... I think much more room to run... don't sell early Snowy

Obviously the unknown here is covid but I review the covid projection models weekly and its decreasing globally...even in Florida where they decided to stay open all year and kill an extra 15K people its decreasing so I fully believe the re-opening trade is going to be in full effect....so act accordingly

I am researching further into retail/consumer cyclicals and will come back with more....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

SIX flags is already at pre pandemic levels. It's at like 45. What's it gonna go to? 51? That's not even worth investing into to pay a short term gain tax. Waste of time unless you're dumping like 50 grand.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    SIX flags is already at pre pandemic levels. It's at like 45. What's it gonna go to? 51? That's not even worth investing into to pay a short term gain tax. Waste of time unless you're dumping like 50 grand.
    okay, so throw 50k into it....I’m not your portfolio manager, I’m just giving ideas to make money...either you think it will or won’t make money..otherwise you just waste my time

whydubya
    whydubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8399

Anyone hear of NFT's - a non-fungible tokens. They effectively represent unique digital art that can't be replicated/replaced. It's becoming the next big boom in blockchain. I fail to see the inherent value of owning an NFT, much less so than crypto (for which I own). For example, this Lebron dunk clip sold for 200k. https://twitter.com/nba_topshot/status/1363969592779890690?s=20.

Btw, they're largely bought with Ethereum.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by whydubya View Post
    Anyone hear of NFT's - a non-fungible tokens. They effectively represent unique digital art that can't be replicated/replaced. It's becoming the next big boom in blockchain. I fail to see the inherent value of owning an NFT, much less so than crypto (for which I own). For example, this Lebron dunk clip sold for 200k. https://twitter.com/nba_topshot/status/1363969592779890690?s=20.

Btw, they're largely bought with Ethereum.
    Yeah it’s not intuitive concept, but I guess if you just look at it like going from owning a VHS cassette>DVD> Digital copy...to now owning all three...this means you can take this asset with you no matter where you are...so owning both the physical and digital asset creates collectable value...so with blockchain you can effectively tokenize anything...eventually your identification will be tokenized as well..just a matter of time....but that means instead of becoming the product, you can sell your self to be advertised to...to earn money for things you do or make...the days of Google or FB making 100s of billions off of people for human capital is slowly going to disappear

Slurry Pumper

I would like a 12% gain in less than a year at any investment level, so if I had $1000 to invest, before the end of the year being out for a short term gain would mean I get $1120 back then for me the tax would be 24% of that gain, or ($28.80), so in the end I have $1091.20 or 9.12% real gain in the end. Add in that I don't have to to pay anymore for straight up stock trades, and I am happy to put that $1091.20 into something else next year that will also make me 9.12% gain next year so that I have $1190.72 to invest.

I would rather do the stock investing thing than buy a $1000 bond for a year, or even just buying some stuff. I have to admit sometimes I would rather buy a talented hooker with the same cash so I do lose out on the extra 90 bucks on occasion.

Slurry Pumper

OK so the end of the month and as usual a good time to review what I'm doing for the long term plays. In short what I'm doing is losing my ass, but luckily this represents a small amount of the portfolio and eventually I think the holdings will pay off when the world goes to shyt and people realize that good times are not around the corner with the economy.

AQB AQUABOUNTY TECHNOLGIES

These guys have the AquAdvantage Salmon genetically altered super fish that I'll be eating instead of the plant burgers that are now being touted. Of course they did just compete a secondary offering in an effort to raise funds to build a big "farm" in the middle of Kentucky. Yeah, 600 miles away from the closest ocean there are salmon swimming around in big fish tank somewhere.

Looking at the weekly chart shows that in the last week in November the price took off and spiked all the way up over 13 bucks before coming back down the other side. Given the current nature of the overall market, I expect the price to continue down for a while. The company reports earnings on march 9th and they are still in the ramping up phase of the operation building the facilities needed so the money is coming out. The losses will probably be pretty large so with that in mind the stock price will more than likely continue to come down for the next half a year or so. The next support level I see for this stock is right at about $5.25. If however it is able to stop the bleeding and maybe get the price above the $7.25 level in the short term, that may trigger a small rebound back up. I'm setting my stop loss at $3.75 which is most of my investment right now, but I already more than doubled my initial investment so I'm willing to let it run a little. AQB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the subsector average (not many players in this sub-sector), implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. So all in all, I expect this play to take off in the second half of the year once the "farm" gets going on an industrial scale. At that point we can all go out and get some FrankenFish. I think this is the first genetically altered meat so once people choke down some of this stuff and don't die or grow a third arm, it will become normal.

TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2021 80,148.00 -9,719.00 -5,015.00 1,940.75
    MONTH FEB IN 35,178.00 ALLOWED -2,684.00 GAIN SO -624.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AQB PLAY 1,910.00 LOSS -1,160.00 FAR -492.00 GAIN 2,298.00
    MONTH FEB 1,910.00 -1,160.00 -492.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    02/05/21 12.16.00 AQB 200 9.55 1,910.00 3.75 -1,160.00 -60.73% 7.09 -492.00

AU ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI LTD

This Gold Miner came out last Monday and killed it with $2.54 earning per share, and is giving a $0.48 dividend on 3/11. So of course the stock promptly lost 10% of its share price this week because no good deed goes unpunished.

Well the last couple of weeks haven't been good for gold or gold miners which is kind of shocking considering all of the other commodity metals are rising pretty well. All the other metals that no one knows what the hell they do for them like Palladium, Copper, Uranium, and others have been killing it lately, but Gold and to an extent Silver have been held back. Now that inflation pressures have been rediscovered, the price not only doesn't go higher, it tanks on the news that there is rising interest rates in the bond market.
    Anyway this stock is now just above the magical 61.8% Fibonacci pullback level that I knew it would eventually go to but didn't believe. A few more cents down to $19.51, and I buy more. Eventually this sector will get going but for now I'm still wearing the schmuck shirt with the metal plays. The yellow boxes show that there is some major support down at this level.

TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2021 80,148.00 -9,719.00 -5,015.00 1,940.75
    MONTH FEB IN 35,178.00 ALLOWED -2,684.00 GAIN SO -624.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AU PLAY 9,519.00 LOSS -1,715.00 FAR -1,535.00 GAIN 0.00
    MONTH FEB 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/02/20 11.27.15 AU 300 28.01 2,801.00 19.51 -850.00 -30.35% 19.96 -805.00 85 28.51 42.50 1.79% 115 28.57 64.40 2.00%
    10/22/20 15.39.11 AU 100 25.50 2,550.00 19.51 -599.00 -23.49% 19.96 -554.00
    11/24/20 14.15.24 AU 200 20.84 4,168.00 19.51 -266.00 -6.38% 19.96 -176.00

EVFM EVOFEM BIOSCIENCES INC

The makers of Amphora (Magilube), which is a contraceptive and PH regulator for women without the induction of the bitch factor that contraceptive things for women usually have. I know what your thinking, "Hey Slurry, this is all good stuff but how does it taste?" Well that what you should be thinking anyway, and to answer, I don't know, but if these guys are on the ball with their product, I would imagine they would make it taste like AquAdvantage Salmon, or maybe like Strawberry for the kids.

The weekly chart doesn't look good for magilube, but a few days after I bought my first batch, the price shot up to $5.53, so I sold my first batch. Then yesterday I witness the price back to my original buying price so I bought it again for another round. The Stochastics are rolling over will it looks like the MACD is maxing out for now, but the selling volume is lighter than the initial recent buying volume. I suspect the price comes down to around the $3 level and hangs out until we get some news. I may even just buy more at that level since I really don't have much in this yet. Some might say just the tip.

TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2021 80,144.00 -9,715.00 -5,021.00 2,264.75
    MONTH FEB IN 35,174.00 ALLOWED -2,680.00 GAIN SO -630.00 TOTAL 324.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK EVFM PLAY 764.00 LOSS -170.00 FAR 0.00 GAIN 324.00
    MONTH FEB 764.00 -170.00 0.00 324.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    02/26/21 10.30.46 EVFM 200 3.82 764.00 2.97 -170.00 -22.25%

GDX VANECK VECTORS ETF TRUST GOLD MINERS

This is the basket of Gold Mining stocks that I always have in my portfolio. I do allot of work for the mining sector so the better they are the better I am. Lately the price isn't reflecting the overall health of this sector. The miners are making money hand over fist but its not showing up in the equity price.

The weekly chart indicates that it is showtime for the bulls to come out and defend the barriers here. There is what I call a full stack here to buy, and I probably will buy when the price hits $30.80 sometime this week if it gets there. The Fibonacci pullback-o-meter is right now at 50% from the highs last year, price is right near support. Stochastics are on the bottom although the 2 lines are wide apart and not showing signs of rolling back up yet. The MACD has just turned positive and has a long way to climb to max out. So there is a good opportunity here for a accumulation for a future move up, but if now, when the Fibonacci gets to the golden ratio, I'll be buying then also.

TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2021 80,144.00 -9,899.00 -5,021.00 2,264.75
    TOTALS PER STOCK GDX PLAY 14,622.00 LOSS -3,622.00 FAR -2,170.00 GAIN 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/04/20 10.29.46 GDX 50 39.91 1,995.50 27.50 -620.50 -31.09% 31.13 -439.00
    09/21/20 10.13.53 GDX 50 40.10 2,005.00 27.50 -630.00 -31.42% 31.13 -448.50
    10/22/20 15.50.42 GDX 50 39.20 1,960.00 27.50 -585.00 -29.85% 31.13 -403.50
    10/26/20 11.13.22 GDX 50 38.63 1,931.50 27.50 -556.50 -28.81% 31.13 -375.00
    11/24/20 14.12.15 GDX 200 33.65 6,730.00 27.50 -1,230.00 -18.28% 31.13 -504.00

GLD SPDR GOLD TRUST GOLD SHARES ETF

Paper gold for this one. This week gold took a dump, and I immediately sprang into action on Friday buying a physical 5oz chunk, and coming over the top buy tripling my current amounts I have in this stock. I've been stacking these 5oz chunks now for the last 5 years or so, and the 5 oz is just about the max I think I could pack my ass with if I needed to if it came to hiding it. The 'ole lady has been getting pounded by me for the better part of a quarter century now so she can pack more in various places.

OK so GLD is at another buying level here right at the 38.2% pullback-o-meter on the Fibonacci scale, and getting into a support zone as shown with the yellow box I drew in. The stochastics are way down on the chart but still wide apart. This is a pre-determined level just like the 50%, and the 61.8% Fibonacci level that I will be buying at. I still don't see gold getting down to the $145 level, but I'm ready to go down with the ship here I guess. "I lost my ass and now I'm broke because I invested in Gold" has rarely been uttered in life.

TOTALS PER STOCK GLD PLAY 49,460.00 LOSS -2,735.00 FAR -917.00 GAIN -357.25
    MONTH FEB 32,500.00 -1,350.00 -138.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    11/24/20 13.39.32 GLD 100 169.60 16,960.00 155.75 -1,385.00 -8.17% 161.81 -779.00
    02/26/21 3.58.22 GLD 200 162.50 32,500.00 155.75 -1,350.00 -4.15% 161.81 -138.00

SLV
    ISHARES SILVER TRUST ETF

This is the Silver version of the Gold ETF. I think this is the most important metal going forward for the green crowd and in the mining companies I do business with are full balls to the wall with trying to find and develop new opportunities. Some of you may be wondering if the miners of Silver are the ones manipulating the supply of this commodity, so let me take a sidetrack here for a little bit to say, it isn't the miners. If you know anything about how metals are mined, the people digging in the hole fill up large train cars or ships full of mostly copper, lead and other metals contained in what looks like a black dirt. So the silver refining process is a by product of getting other metals purified. It is almost impossible to manipulate the production of silver at the mining level. The refiners are the ones however that can and probably do manipulate the supply.

Silver is hanging out just above support levels here and I really should support this metal more but I've already spent enough capital this week, we will see how it goes next week. One common theme is that all of these metal and gold mining stocks are just sitting at support levels. This last week could have been a flushing out operation before the march back north. Of course that's my story until it isn't.

TOTALS PER STOCK SLV PLAY 2,361.00 LOSS -239.00 FAR 105.00 GAIN 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    01/22/21 10.03.24 SLV 100 23.61 2,361.00 21.22 -239.00 -10.12% 24.66 105.00

SPH SUBURBAN PROPANE PARTNERS LP

Ok these people supply propane and really are like a utility rather than a energy supplier. The way you can tell that is in the price movement lately. Oil has been going up and this stock hasn't done shyt. They lowered the dividend payout from 15% so now, I'm dumping this anchor. I'll take my $1500 and put it somewhere else.

Look at this thing, aside from a little wave last September price has been pretty steady and boring.

TOTALS PER STOCK SPH PLAY 1,508.00 LOSS -258.00 FAR -12.00 GAIN 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    STOP LOSS/
    BUY MORE
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    11/04/20 15.01.46 SPH 100 15.08 1,508.00 12.50 -258.00 -17.11% 14.96 -12.00

OK so let's end this dribble with a look at the SPY chart and try to see what the hell is going on here.

Ok look at the daily chart here. Its been in a upward trend for a long time an has only pulled back to the 50 day moving average twice in the last 3 months. The current picture is looking allot like it did back at the end of January here, so it just may bounce off of the 50 day moving average. I know the FED told everyone that they don't care about the rising yield rates but I just don't believe him. The fed will come in here and buy even more bonds and drive the yields down at this point which will allow for a re-cocking of the gun for the overall market. If they don't, we have a 1.9 Trillion stimulus bill coming real soon that will put more inflationary pressure on the docket, and then we may even have a infrastructure hand out that Creepy Sleepy Joe is starting to talk about. The fed and the Treasury secretary are teamed up at this point so I can't believe they will let inflation fly off uncontrolled at this point. Hell you can see it already with the manipulation of precious metals markets. I still believe that a short term high is in, with one more push over it before the mother of all crashes later in May.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I would like a 12% gain in less than a year at any investment level, so if I had $1000 to invest, before the end of the year being out for a short term gain would mean I get $1120 back then for me the tax would be 24% of that gain, or ($28.80), so in the end I have $1091.20 or 9.12% real gain in the end. Add in that I don't have to to pay anymore for straight up stock trades, and I am happy to put that $1091.20 into something else next year that will also make me 9.12% gain next year so that I have $1190.72 to invest.

I would rather do the stock investing thing than buy a $1000 bond for a year, or even just buying some stuff. I have to admit sometimes I would rather buy a talented hooker with the same cash so I do lose out on the extra 90 bucks on occasion.
    We need to hit huge underdogs bro not this petty 9%.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

We need to hit huge underdogs bro not this petty 9%.
    GOATer you are looking for quick, easy money and this is a recipe for disaster.

Slurry P is playing the long game, as am I. Please be careful going after 10+ baggers. For every one of those you find, you will have picked another 20-25 stocks which go nowhere or go south. at least if they go nowhere you did not lose principle, but if they go south, go ahead and subtract your losses against the 10+ bagger whether it's before or after you Realize the gains.

9% post tax annually which Slurry gave you as as an example, is very good long term. very good.

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 49715

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

GOATer you are looking for quick, easy money and this is a recipe for disaster.

Slurry P is playing the long game, as am I. Please be careful going after 10+ baggers. For every one of those you find, you will have picked another 20-25 stocks which go nowhere or go south. at least if they go nowhere you did not lose principle, but if they go south, go ahead and subtract your losses against the 10+ bagger whether it's before or after you Realize the gains.

9% post tax annually which Slurry gave you as as an example, is very good long term. very good.
    he doesnt get the long game. he wants a hit and run. but then will cry if it doesnt move fast enough. i used to be like him and lost so much money because i wasnt patient

First ... 266267268269270271272 ... Last