hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

NHL ST. LOUIS Wednesday

Wednesday Feb.28

ST. LOUIS -153 regulation only moneyline // 5 units to win 3.26
    *push if game goes to Overtime

St. Louis (34-26-4 overall) is the home team tonight and lost 7 in a row, looking absolutely terrible in doing so. Coach Mike Yeo called out some players after last night's 8-3 azz whoopin' at Minnesota, and he has already declared at least one notable player, 9-year Center Patrik Berglund, as a healthy scratch for tonight's game, meaning benched for poor performance as a wake-up call to the player.

Tonight the Blues face a Detroit Red Wings team which has played better lately, but come into tonight's game with an overall 26-26-10 record. Detroit played 13-games already in Feb, compared to 12 for St. Louis. Also the Red Wings have faced much easier opponents in recent games - Buffalo, Carolina, and NY Rangers, going 2 wins - 1 loss with the loss coming against Buffalo on Detroit home ice!

Blues have hardly looked like they have any pulse it all lately, but have faced much stiffer competition when the 7-game losing streak started on Feb.11 - vs Pittsburgh (4-1 score), at Nashville (4-3 loss OT), at Dallas (2-1), vs San Jose (3-2), vs Winnipeg (4-0), at Nashville (4-0), at Minnesota (8-3 score).

The Blues have 72 points in the standings and still have a possibility of making the playoffs, probably as a wild card, but only if they get back on track. I don't necessarily think they will, but tonight is a must-win game where they answer the call against an inferior Detroit team. Looking ahead, the Blues have a 4-game road trip after this game against tough teams - at Dallas, San Jose, Los Angeles, and Anaheim. Tonight is the game St. Louis must win!

With heavy favorites, I like taking this regulation only moneyline which pushes if the game goes to Overtime.
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave hotcross 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

GL with the play hc

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

As a die hard blues fan I've lost money on pretty much every game of this 7 game losing streak...the benching of berglund doesn't mean squat. Yeo has already called this team out last week in a closed door meeting instead of practicing...blues lose tonight yeo could be fired and replaced with berube possibly...do the blues play hard for Yeo or do they let Detroit stomp them and lay down?

I will be betting this game once again only because I am up for the day from soccer and tennis. Maybe brodziak or upshall will get in a fight or something and the team will actually show some heart

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

good call.... wish I bet more on St. Louis.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Nice work hc