Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

There is a trend if Alabama football wins this season, Cavs will win it all this season too

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    professional bookmakers say that Cavs are still at or near the top in the East

homie1975 laughs thinking Cavs do not belong there...

hmmm this is a tough one... but I think I will side with the professional bookmakers
    Believe me I never laugh at the bookmakers and very rarely at the sharps who set the market.

I am laughing because the east is so weak that a title contender who does a complete overhaul of half their riser and 60% of their starters with only 30 gms left in the season is still the favorite. That's how hood lebron is and how bad the rest of the east is. In nba history we have never seen changes like this in the second half the season by a title contender

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Cavs get that benefit of the doubt because Lebron is that good. He took Cavs to the finals with no help at all many years ago.

I don't think the East is weak. 76ers and Bucks are coming on, and there is Raptors. If you take GS and Houston out of it (they are clearly better) the East is pretty balanced with the West

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Cavs get that benefit of the doubt because Lebron is that good. He took Cavs to the finals with no help at all many years ago.

I don't think the East is weak. 76ers and Bucks are coming on, and there is Raptors. If you take GS and Houston out of it (they are clearly better) the East is pretty balanced with the West
    when lebron took that lousy cast of cavs to the finals in 2007 he was only 22 i believe (born in dec 1984) so he did not have all the mileage on his body he has now. he is still a freight train, though. more importantly, those guys he played with were together as a core for 2 or 3 years so they knew each other well. this is almost a new team thrown together with 30 games to go til the postseason.

you're right that milwaukee and philly are rising squads but the balance of talent outside GS, Hou, and Lebron, still resides in the west as it is very simple that ballers like warmer weather cities.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They whooped Boston's ass

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    I am laughing because the east is so weak that a title contender who does a complete overhaul of half their riser and 60% of their starters with only 30 gms left in the season is still the favorite. That's how hood lebron is and how bad the rest of the east is. In nba history we have never seen changes like this in the second half the season by a title contender
    The Cav's did a complete overhaul 10 years ago when they traded 6 players and brought in 4 just like they did this year. They were faves in the East back then too but lost in the semifinals.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

People often fail to understand that the lines aren't made just to match who Vegas thinks will win, but also adjusted for where they think the public money will land.

The Cavs were still split as a favorite to win the east because people will bet LeBron regardless of how good his team is/isn't.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    People often fail to understand that the lines aren't made just to match who Vegas thinks will win, but also adjusted for where they think the public money will land.

The Cavs were still split as a favorite to win the east because people will bet LeBron regardless of how good his team is/isn't.
    The sharps set the line. It's amazing how good lebron is and how bad the east is in total. No dominant teams like u have out west

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Cav's did a complete overhaul 10 years ago when they traded 6 players and brought in 4 just like they did this year. They were faves in the East back then too but lost in the semifinals.
    i don't remember that. was that 2008 or 2009? can you link it? were the 6 traded players and 4 brought in, during the season? i don't think so. maybe it was the summer and they had summer league together, preseason, ad 82 games.

this size and scope of this latest move by the trading deadline is unprecedented in the modern nba era

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Never understood why the Cavs took IT in the trade to begin with to trade him again. Cavs neutralized him in the playoffs with a basic double team and you couldn't see him on the court, they rendered him useless and ineffective more than his injury did. Once they saw that, did they think he was going to grow on the plane ride to Cleveland?? Then they take in at 50% of his ability. Whoever approved of the trade needs to be shot even if it's LeBron.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Even though the Cavs made a major overhaul to their roster, I think the East still has to catch up to Lebron. In a 7 game series, I'd favor the team that had Lebron which just goes to show that the East is weak and always will be until someone dethrones the King. I don't trust that Boston and Toronto can do that despite the fact they've had better regular seasons then Cleveland.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Phila a lock

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Okc??? Yea right, that team is not beating gs in a 7 game series, HOUSTON is the team that got the best chance to beat them because they can actually run with them, not okc, that team is nowhere near as good as they should be
    I agree. But then again Carmelo has always been a loser.
    I was just saying if they click then can win; these are all far off odds.

magaman
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    when lebron took that lousy cast of cavs to the finals in 2007 he was only 22 i believe (born in dec 1984) so he did not have all the mileage on his body he has now. he is still a freight train, though. more importantly, those guys he played with were together as a core for 2 or 3 years so they knew each other well. this is almost a new team thrown together with 30 games to go til the postseason.

you're right that milwaukee and philly are rising squads but the balance of talent outside GS, Hou, and Lebron, still resides in the west as it is very simple that ballers like warmer weather cities.
    We disagree. Sure Lebron has many miles on that body... but he is built to take it. You cannot possibly think that as a 22 year old phenom he was more effective to lead a team to the finals than he is today. No way I buy that. His best years might be behind him, but I would take current Lebron over 22 year old Lebron. Give it a few more years and I will take the younger man.

magaman
    Update your status

Bottom line is that the Cavs were going nowhere this season... that was obvious. Lebron plays for rings and rings only, and he runs the team. Nobody can disagree with that.

So he blew it up, and so far it seems to be a powerful and effective move. I'm willing to see how this works out. I give him credit for making a bold move.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Remind to bump when Cavs win the East.

homie1975

I'm laughing that lebron is this good and the east is this bad. Yes the odds makers will win again. Unreal

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Lerbron having the best year of his career unreal

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Lebron with this new team is just to strong!

homie1975

This is getting way too ahead but assume for a minute that the cavs win it all, this will be called perhaps the greatest I'm season move by a front office maybe ever

First 12