funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Cool Deal....Frazier Commits for 2 Years to the METS...

boooo

Baseball starting soon...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Go Mets! About time we get a replacement for Wright.

MRivera42
    MRivera42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 94

Frazier is not that good

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

As a Mets fan this does not excite me. .213 hitter with some pop and a good glove.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

terrible

hard to hit there

Frazier 235

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    As a Mets fan this does not excite me. .213 hitter with some pop and a good glove.
    Would you rather have Wright who plays 4 games a year? Mets need more players with hr ability and Frazier brings that. I am sick of watching the Mets have a lineup full of guys I have never fukin heard of.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Would you rather have Wright who plays 4 games a year? Mets need more players with hr ability and Frazier brings that. I am sick of watching the Mets have a lineup full of guys I have never fukin heard of.
    We are in agreement my friend. Frazier will be good but I'm just not super excited. Probably has more to do with the Mets owners being cheap asshats than anything.

unde0087
    Did we win?

We are in agreement my friend. Frazier will be good but I'm just not super excited. Probably has more to do with the Mets owners being cheap asshats than anything.
    No doubt, Mets ownership has fuked us for years.

A4K

No doubt, Mets ownership has fuked us for years.
    I've been a Mets fan since 1984 and this is about the most fed up I've been with ownership. Mets pitching is legit but Wilpons refuse to spend to get the bats we need.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11660

I've been a Mets fan since 1984 and this is about the most fed up I've been with ownership. Mets pitching is legit but Wilpons refuse to spend to get the bats we need.
    Ever since the Ricketts took the Cubs off the hands of whoever the hell used to own them, the Wilpons are THE worst owners in sports. Hard to believe MLB let them keep the franchise with that association Bernie Madoff had with them, those fuks should have gone to jail.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Ya, it has also been tough to watch Wright go through all the problems with his back. Loved the guy, one of my favorite players all time, but Mets needed to get someone that can contribute daily. Hopefully Frazier can play well this year. We definitely need bats.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Ever since the Ricketts took the Cubs off the hands of whoever the hell used to own them, the Wilpons are THE worst owners in sports. Hard to believe MLB let them keep the franchise with that association Bernie Madoff had with them, those fuks should have gone to jail.
    EXACTLY!!! MLB threw a fuqing fit over the Dodgers being flown into a mountain but don't seem to give 2 fuqs about the Mets owners being penny pinchers in the BIGGEST market in the U.S.A!

A4K

Ya, it has also been tough to watch Wright go through all the problems with his back. Loved the guy, one of my favorite players all time, but Mets needed to get someone that can contribute daily. Hopefully Frazier can play well this year. We definitely need bats.
    Have a feeling the Mets, Wright and the MLBPA work out a deal with the insurance company and Wright never plays again. Makes me sad but it's time to transition him to be a coach.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

must be nice be david wright getting 20 mil this year wont even play

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mets really have no future unless arms come back

Most were dead last year

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mets really have no future unless arms come back

Most were dead last year
    Half of the top pitchers were out for most of the season.

A4K

Half of the top pitchers were out for most of the season.
    After making the WS a few years back the Mets failed to really load up and go for it. They let Murphy walk and they went bargain hunting. Mets should not be like the Padres, sad.

unde0087
    Did we win?

After making the WS a few years back the Mets failed to really load up and go for it. They let Murphy walk and they went bargain hunting. Mets should not be like the Padres, sad.
    I was pissed when they let Murphy go as well. I mean we all know he isn't worth a shit on defense, definitely a liability with the glove, but the guy was as clutch of a hitter with the Mets as any.

A4K

I was pissed when they let Murphy go as well. I mean we all know he isn't worth a shit on defense, definitely a liability with the glove, but the guy was as clutch of a hitter with the Mets as any.
    I used to be soooo pissed off they didn't play him more back in 2010 onward. He is a contact hitter and deserved better than to not be re-signed by cheap owners.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I used to be soooo pissed off they didn't play him more back in 2010 onward. He is a contact hitter and deserved better than to not be re-signed by cheap owners.
    No shit, the guy never strikes out. He is one of the toughest outs in baseball.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Remember when David Wright was boning Erin Andrews?

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Mets are a joke.

Mike Moustakas Will Return To The Royals For Less Than Half Of The Qualifying Offer Value
    Emma Baccellieri
    Yesterday 11:10pmFiled to: mike moustakas
    Photo: Jason Miller (Getty)

With three weeks until opening day, third baseman Mike Moustakas is reportedly finally signing a deal to stay in Kansas City. He’ll do so for just a fraction of what he was originally expected to bring in—a one-year, $5.5 million contract with $2.2 million in potential performance bonuses and a mutual option for a second year at $15 million, as reported by Yahoo’s Jeff Passan.

This means that he’s guaranteed $6.5 million, or less than half the value of the $17.4 million qualifying offer that the Royals initially extended him back in November, which he passed up to test the open market. While Moustakas wasn’t necessarily a lock for something huge or long-term—even with a career-high home run total last year, he still hasn’t quite lived up to the heights of his breakout 2015 season, and his 30th birthday is approaching—a deal like this feels significantly low. Compare it to, say, the two-year, $17 million contract that the Mets recently gave Todd Frazier, who’s two years older and coming off a weaker season than Moustakas.

It’s certainly true that the draft pick attached to the QO will drive a free agent’s offers down a bit; it’s ridiculous to think that it would reasonably drive them down this much. Not, at least, in a healthily and normally functioning market—which this offseason’s quite clearly is not.