Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Enough for everyone if its 9.5 million....greed as usual

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    QTIP trust for wife with an ascertainable HEMS standard for principal, an independent trustee and maybe a limited testamentary power of appointment. Residue to kids after wife's death.

Is that what you meant?
    Craig forgot to get the iron clad prenump is what I was really trying to say...

If he initially wanted the kids to get the cash a prenump would have blocked the wife from getting anything.. A living trust with the kids would have also helped as well.. A final will locked in a safe subject to no change ever with a notary wouldn't have been a bad idea either.. I think Craig loved his wife and didn't care.. He knew who he married and what was in her heart...

End of story.. Kids need to get a job..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Craig forgot to get the iron clad prenump is what I was really trying to say...

If he initially wanted the kids to get the cash a prenump would have blocked the wife from getting anything.. A living trust with the kids would have also helped as well.. A final will locked in a safe subject to no change ever with a notary wouldn't have been a bad idea either.. I think Craig loved his wife and didn't care.. He knew who he married and what was in her heart...

End of story.. Kids need to get a job..
    Wouldn't help. A will can always be revoked by a later will revoking it, locked up or not.

Prenup usually just means not being forced to leave spouse anything, but it doesn't prevent doing it willingly.

Sure, he could have put assets into an irrevocable trust for his kids, but most people don't want to give up control.

He either wanted to leave her everything or she coerced him into doing it. If he wanted to, he had an absolute right to do it. Kids aren't entitled to anything. Doesn't sounds like the kids are contesting, so it is what it is.

First 12