chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Agree to disagree. I know a good amount of rich people. A lot of them just want to hunt/surf/build things, and get to do that since they don't have to work anymore.

And anyway, the only interest he's ever had in coaching again was in the NFL.
    have very rich family. one such bought 2000 scres thinking that he could get into the wind farm club.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

y the way his father owns rancho trinidad named after my grandmother. My uncle is retiring so he sold 3 out of his 7 ranches, This is in process of being sold. By the ay that is expensive hunting ranch

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post

Eddie Smith@RepEddieSmith

Our Tennessee standards mean something, and a Greg Schiano hire would be anathema to all that our University and our community stand for. I sincerely hope that these rumors are not true, because even serious consideration would be unacceptable.

Eddie Smith@RepEddieSmith

Our Tennessee standards mean something, and a Greg Schiano hire would be anathema to all that our University and our community stand for. I sincerely hope that these rumors are not true, because even serious consideration would be unacceptable.
    Not a good look, Tennessee. At minimum this bad PR will leave you with a lesser coach than Schiano.

Hope Schiano ends up somewhere. He doesn't deserve this chit.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

When I saw the hire, it seemed like really bad fit and that was even before I was reminded he had the Sandusky stink on him. My second thought was, the Patriots will be stocking up on UT players in drafts beginning in 2020-21 like they did with Rutgers under Schiano.

Tenn is in same situation as Neb. The schools and their respective fan bases perception of the prestige of their programs is far different than the rest of the public.

Surprised that Tee Martin's name hasn't come up in regards to the Tenn job. Qb of their last NCAA championship team and he has done a good job at USC as OC. Young enough to relate to recruits as well.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Sad state of affairs all due to the blatant misuse of social media by uninformed nincompoops.

By all accounts, dude seems to be a stand up guy. Now tainted forever.
    Wrong. Lots of "accounts" recounted really ugly stuff at Rutgers, like the mother of a 12-year-old rape victim being pressured to sacrifice her daughter so the recruit who raped her could play at Rutgers.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

- Taggart is the latest and probably the funniest. Somebody explain to me why UT is a better job than Oregon. And say it with a straight face.
    More history, more fans, more fan interest, greater institutional commitment to football program, better recruiting territory. The only thing Oregon has going for it is Phil Knight.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    More history, more fans, more fan interest, greater institutional commitment to football program, better recruiting territory. The only thing Oregon has going for it is Phil Knight.
    Legal weed and not in Tennessee are 2 other huge advantages for Ducks.

StLouisCards
    StLouisCards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    He saw a kid getting fukked at penn st and didn’t say anything

So yeah, not a stand up dude

Clay Travis owned this rebellion

Um so you mean mike mcqueary said that someone (bradley) said that schiano saw that. Bradley denied it in 2016. mcqueary came to psu 9 years after schiano. Mcqueary was super self-interested because he received millions for implicating all of psu as a whistleblower and changed his story several times. Theres no evidence that schiano saw anything. Especially as sandusky was never even convicted for any sexual act alleged to have taken place on campus so how would he have seen anything anyways:

But if you want to just blindly believe unsubstantiated double-hearsay from a super biased and inconsistent guy....just don't mislead others with your unfounded judgments. We're talking about a man's life and reputation. Sandusky was a monster. Not schiano.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Not sure what to think about Clay Travis.

He's been wrong on just about everything so far, and has dragged John Currie's name through the mud. The big problem with this is that John Currie is the guy trying to go out and lure these coaches away from their sweet gigs and come over to Retardville. Cutting your own throat here.

He also went on to say Jeff Brohm accepted the job, but then the UT admin had to change the terms of the deal, and he declined. Not a cool thing to disclose, because now Brohm has to deal with the backlash at his current job.

If I was a coaching prospect for the UT job, but I had to deal with Travis and the most manic depressive fans in the country? Keep your money, I'm good.

Ralphie Halves

And BTW, hilarious thinking that Gundy and Taggart would want to leave their sweet cushy jobs to go to Tennessee. The arrogance. This program really does think it's Notre Dame in the early 80s.

I can understand a top-down approach, but now they're on Dave Doeren, and he already knows he's the 9th choice on the list, and a coach like that shouldn't be the 9th choice anywhere.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Don't forget to add that David Cutcliffe turned them down to stay at Duke.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    guys are just interviewing there for leverage to get a raise at their current gig.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    The first three, if even true, is going to be something a coach doesn't really care about. Commitment to football from within I'd say is pretty darn close. Better recruiting territory, probably, but Oregon is a national program that gets good Cali talent every year for the most part.

Just can't see any reason to break your contract there and move to a pressure cooker.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Legal weed and not in Tennessee are 2 other huge advantages for Ducks.
    Grits where you from? Come to Nashville and/or Knoxville both great places. Some of the most beautiful women you will meet as well.

On topic, My Vols need to chill out. Currie is scrambling and what he needs to do is shut it down and get our name off the bottom of ESPN's ticker. Wait till after bowl season and even NFL regular season. Plenty of names will come up at that time. Their is one recruit we need most and that's Mays. A lot of Tennessee fans are unrealistic right now. This train wreck started a long time ago when they let our National Championship winning coach go before the end of the season. We've got a long ways to go for this whole program. Hell I'm tired of hearing about it.

Yazworm91

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Cutcliffe will never comeback here strictly out of respect to Fulmer

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Grits where you from? Come to Nashville and/or Knoxville both great places. Some of the most beautiful women you will meet as well.

On topic, My Vols need to chill out. Currie is scrambling and what he needs to do is shut it down and get our name off the bottom of ESPN's ticker. Wait till after bowl season and even NFL regular season. Plenty of names will come up at that time. Their is one recruit we need most and that's Mays. A lot of Tennessee fans are unrealistic right now. This train wreck started a long time ago when they let our National Championship winning coach go before the end of the season. We've got a long ways to go for this whole program. Hell I'm tired of hearing about it.
    How is it that every Vols fan I meet is crazy, and all the ones I see here on SBR are pragmatic and level-headed?

Anyway, Travis is on the Sumlin/Kiffin/Petrino wagon now. We'll see. Will be really funny if he bombs on all three of these too.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I'm a Bama girl and I agree with you wholeheartedly. We went through the same thing when Mal Moore hired Saban. He first panicked and went to Rich Rod and there is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful that his shrew of a wife didn't want to come. It looks like Currie is scrambling. You are right that he needs to shut it down and take a breath.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Not sure what to think about Clay Travis.

He's been wrong on just about everything so far, and has dragged John Currie's name through the mud. The big problem with this is that John Currie is the guy trying to go out and lure these coaches away from their sweet gigs and come over to Retardville. Cutting your own throat here.

He also went on to say Jeff Brohm accepted the job, but then the UT admin had to change the terms of the deal, and he declined. Not a cool thing to disclose, because now Brohm has to deal with the backlash at his current job.

If I was a coaching prospect for the UT job, but I had to deal with Travis and the most manic depressive fans in the country? Keep your money, I'm good.
    Don't take anything Clay says as factual. His tout business shows the world what a greasy piece of shit he is. Wonder if he will ever tell the story about the time body builder Jay Cutler threw him across a table at Tao for calling a Japanese girl "chink". He ended up in a booth, 2 tables away.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

at this point i'm embarrassed to even tell anybody i live in knoxville...or tennessee period

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

The grass eater is going to coach them I think

I love Les

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

Dumpster fire of a program...

Yazworm91

How is it that every Vols fan I meet is crazy, and all the ones I see here on SBR are pragmatic and level-headed?

Anyway, Travis is on the Sumlin/Kiffin/Petrino wagon now. We'll see. Will be really funny if he bombs on all three of these too.
    Well just like the 3 different terrains Tennessee is known for you'll find many different fans lol. Go to almost any SEC school as an opposing fan and watch people get spit on, drinks thrown on etc. I love my alma mater but I've been watching this fire from the beginning when Mike Hamilton was AD. I hated how they got rid of Fulmer and Cuonzo Martin.

I can't believe we haven't picked up the phone and talked to Tee Martin. I've wanted him from day 1. Something isn't right about this. I don't know if it's an ego thing with Currie and Fulmer. I have no clue. The fans you are meeting must be the ones clamoring about Mike Leach which i have no clue who thinks he is the right person for this program?
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    at this point i'm embarrassed to even tell anybody i live in knoxville...or tennessee period

Mike you play in poker games in Knoxville?

Ralphie Halves

The fans you are meeting must be the ones clamoring about Mike Leach which i have no clue who thinks he is the right person for this program?
    I have two close friends who are Vols fans. They're on the Kiffin train right now. I just woke up, don't know how that's progressing yet.

Whenever a vacancy opens up though, they think Bill Belicheck is walking through that door. That UT is such a lofty program that coaches like Mike Gundy will just break contract and up and leave their sweetheart jobs to come to the Mecca of College Football in Knoxville.

Yazworm91

They should do today what they should’ve done in 2008. Make Fulmer the AD. Ralphie my fb feed is full of some dumb stuff from my fellow UT friends. If you talked to any UT fans that actually believed at any point Gruden was coming to UT they should be hit with a tack hammer lol. We were at top 10 program for about a 15 year span. We are one of the top 10 winningest programs. I only knew two coaches Majors and Fulmer growing up.

Everyone just forgets 10 years ago Alabama was in shambles and was being laughed at by most of the SEC. USC was in shambles till Carroll brought them back.

What Tennessee fans don’t realize though a big name coach isn’t going to fix things because i do agree with you that nationally someone might not think being the Tennessee coach is prominent . Kiffin doesn’t care about the history at my school. We need someone that’s been on the sidelines when the crowd is so loud in Neyland you can’t hear the person beside you screaming in your ear. Running through the Power T means nothing to Grundy, Schiano, Kiffin. We need Tee Martin.

Go Vols!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

@Yaz, just saw u asked, no i actually haven't ever played any poker in town b4

and i agree, this was a solid move at least with Fulmer, sure could have been worse..lol

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Didn't they just interview Mike Leach for coach? Then fire the AD? LOL

Ralphie Halves

They should do today what they should’ve done in 2008. Make Fulmer the AD. Ralphie my fb feed is full of some dumb stuff from my fellow UT friends. If you talked to any UT fans that actually believed at any point Gruden was coming to UT they should be hit with a tack hammer lol. We were at top 10 program for about a 15 year span. We are one of the top 10 winningest programs. I only knew two coaches Majors and Fulmer growing up.

Everyone just forgets 10 years ago Alabama was in shambles and was being laughed at by most of the SEC. USC was in shambles till Carroll brought them back.

What Tennessee fans don’t realize though a big name coach isn’t going to fix things because i do agree with you that nationally someone might not think being the Tennessee coach is prominent . Kiffin doesn’t care about the history at my school. We need someone that’s been on the sidelines when the crowd is so loud in Neyland you can’t hear the person beside you screaming in your ear. Running through the Power T means nothing to Grundy, Schiano, Kiffin. We need Tee Martin.
    Go Vols!!!
    I've been touting Martin for awhile, but my friends aren't having it. And the Gruden/Gundy/Taggart nonsense is all perpetuated by Clay Travis, and my buddies are pretty much just mouthpieces for him, so it's great seeing him fukkup every prediction.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

T.Martin isnt ready for this imo

not even close

First 12