LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    if miami wins over clemson or ohio state beats wisconsin will they leap frog idle alabama hmm
    I doubt either would. Bottom line is Alabama would be favored over any team in the country with the lowest spread being -3.5/-4 over Clemson, so if the committee's goal is REALLY to let the 4 "best" teams in, Tide should get at-large bid unless current top 4 all win.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

After this week

Clemson
    UGA
    Oklahoma
    Wisky

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Both Polls

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND
    1 Clemson(27) 11-1 1478 3
    2 Oklahoma(24) 11-1 1461 1
    3 Wisconsin(10) 12-0 1405 2
    4 Auburn

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Both Polls

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND
    1 Clemson(27) 11-1 1478 3
    2 Oklahoma(24) 11-1 1461 1
    3 Wisconsin(10) 12-0 1405 2
    4 Auburn
    Forget polls, they are meaningless. I gave Playoffs rankings few posts ago, Auburn is #2,

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

if Ohio state loses this week, how will the committee put them in.. I'm preparing myself for it.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Correct
    Auburn is 2 until Saturday
    Then UGA takes 2
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: UGASOILGUY

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    #2 Clemson

#3 Alabama

#4 Oklahoma

Anything else is a crock of SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU are the crock of SHIT. Idiot.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    if Ohio state loses this week, how will the committee put them in.. I'm preparing myself for it.
    Ohio State cannot get in unless Oklahoma loses. That is all there is to it, and that is not going to happen.

1. Clemson/Miami winner is in
    2. Auburn/Georgia winner is in
    3. If Oklahoma wins, they are in.
    4. If Wisconsin loses, Alabama is in

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Ohio State cannot get in unless Oklahoma loses. That is all there is to it, and that is not going to happen.

I was being sarcastic... because the committee always looks for a way to get Ohio st in

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

HUH just win baby!

PS suck my dick LT

LT Profits

It would actually be interesting if Oklahoma loses and Ohio State wins. Yes Ohio State would be conference champ and Oklahoma would not, but both teams would have two losses and Sooners own blowout head-to-head win in Columbus.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Forget polls, they are meaningless. I gave Playoffs rankings few posts ago, Auburn is #2,
    Thank You LT. Missed the post.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Fact is, the top 10 teams in college football this year aren't that much different in terms of ability,record,and any of them could beat another top 10 team. That so much energy is spent debating what conference did this,what teams did that, and strength of schedule, resume's,blah, blah, blah, is ridiculous and shows just how truly stupid a 4 team playoff,picked by an "exalted committee", truly is. Real championships are played on a field, by teams that earned their place, and where the best teams can be beaten on the field, NOT by some corporate boardroom of Napoleonic bureaucratic overseers who declares what 4 teams are worthy to enter the arena.

I'm still wondering how a #4 ranked TCU team that then went out and won their final game 55-3, gets leapfrogged out of the playoff in 2014, when their only loss was on the road to the #5 team in the country who needed to rally from a 21 point 4rth quarter deficit that was aided by bad referees, and the team that leapfrogged them got beat up at home by 2 TD's by an unranked Virginia Tech team?

Bo Schembechler said it best when he said there is no such thing as a Div 1a college football champion. Until they go to some format where there is a performance criteria in place before the season starts to qualify for a playoff that holds at least 8 teams, there never will be. Fact is, these bowl games with their huge corporate sponsorship money and TV deals still rule the roost, as that is the ONLY reason there is not a legitimate playoff format in place, because otherwise, it's a piece of cake. The whole "well, we want to keep the regular season important" argument has about as much veracity as the NFL saying they don't want gambling on their games because it might jeopardize the integrity of the league.

I vividly remember when Utah went undefeated in 2008, and not one mention was made of them being a top team by so called "authorities". They went to the Sugar Bowl to face a 1 loss Alabama team whose only loss was to #4 Florida (and eventual BCS champ) in the SEC title game. Utah just utterly destroyed them, and instead of sports "journalists" saying how good Utah was, and that it's a travesty they didn't get a chance to play for the title, all they said was, gee whiz, Alabama must not have been motivated.

I swear, college football politics makes grown men act like a clique of 14 year old girls in school, pointing out who the popular and cool kids are, and who isn't. And all I know, is that if this committee gets on it's knees again to blow undeserving Ohio State into the playoff yet again, they will have dispatched any of the minute fragments of credibility they pretend to still have.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Fact is, the top 10 teams in college football this year aren't that much different in terms of ability,record,and any of them could beat another top 10 team. That so much energy is spent debating what conference did this,what teams did that, and strength of schedule, resume's,blah, blah, blah, is ridiculous and shows just how truly stupid a 4 team playoff,picked by an "exalted committee", truly is. Real championships are played on a field, by teams that earned their place, and where the best teams can be beaten on the field, NOT by some corporate boardroom of Napoleonic bureaucratic overseers who declares what 4 teams are worthy to enter the arena.

I'm still wondering how a #4 ranked TCU team that then went out and won their final game 55-3, gets leapfrogged out of the playoff in 2014, when their only loss was on the road to the #5 team in the country who needed to rally from a 21 point 4rth quarter deficit that was aided by bad referees, and the team that leapfrogged them got beat up at home by 2 TD's by an unranked Virginia Tech team?

Bo Schembechler said it best when he said there is no such thing as a Div 1a college football champion. Until they go to some format where there is a performance criteria in place before the season starts to qualify for a playoff that holds at least 8 teams, there never will be. Fact is, these bowl games with their huge corporate sponsorship money and TV deals still rule the roost, as that is the ONLY reason there is not a legitimate playoff format in place, because otherwise, it's a piece of cake. The whole "well, we want to keep the regular season important" argument has about as much veracity as the NFL saying they don't want gambling on their games because it might jeopardize the integrity of the league.

I vividly remember when Utah went undefeated in 2008, and not one mention was made of them being a top team by so called "authorities". They went to the Sugar Bowl to face a 1 loss Alabama team whose only loss was to #4 Florida (and eventual BCS champ) in the SEC title game. Utah just utterly destroyed them, and instead of sports "journalists" saying how good Utah was, and that it's a travesty they didn't get a chance to play for the title, all they said was, gee whiz, Alabama must not have been motivated.

I swear, college football politics makes grown men act like a clique of 14 year old girls in school, pointing out who the popular and cool kids are, and who isn't. And all I know, is that if this committee gets on it's knees again to blow undeserving Ohio State into the playoff yet again, they will have dispatched any of the minute fragments of credibility they pretend to still have.
    To be fair, the team that leapfrogged TCU in final rankings did go on to win it all.

indianjoe
    indianjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4988

Georgia BEATS Auburn...........Gus takes the Razorback head coaching job.........Brings AD with him.......

indianjoe
    indianjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4988

Georgia beats Auburn.....Gus takes Ar. job.........

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

To be fair, the team that leapfrogged TCU in final rankings did go on to win it all.
    Irrelevant. That's like calling off your entire stack on the turn in a poker game with a straight draw and no overs, just because you hit your straight on the river doesn't mean you made the proper decision to call the turn. So did TCU utterly destroying #9 Ole Miss 42-3 in their bowl game after getting leapfrogged have any relevance if Ohio State winning 2 playoff games did? The whole point is, that the "committee" system is ridiculous. If the conferences are sharing playoff revenue with their member schools, how long before when a team is badly losing in a conference title game that they lay down and let a playoff contender run up he score on them to impress the exalted committee?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I doubt either would. Bottom line is Alabama would be favored over any team in the country with the lowest spread being -3.5/-4 over Clemson, so if the committee's goal is REALLY to let the 4 "best" teams in, Tide should get at-large bid unless current top 4 all win.
    If you use this logic then USC should have would have got in last year as at the end of the year they were the best team in PAC 12 and had beaten both teams that played in PAC 12 championship and would have been favored over any team except Clemson and Bama and maybe Ohio State who cares if they had three losses they would have been in favored in Vegas. Bama could get in if things fell right Ohio state wins close game auburn wins and not Georgia etc.( i see no way they take a bama team that lost to a three loss auburn team) but don't be shocked if this is the year a committee member says they punish the SEC for 8 game schedules and scheduling so many FCS teams.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    If you use this logic then USC should have would have got in last year as at the end of the year they were the best team in PAC 12 and had beaten both teams that played in PAC 12 championship and would have been favored over any team except Clemson and Bama and maybe Ohio State who cares if they had three losses they would have been in favored in Vegas. Bama could get in if things fell right Ohio state wins close game auburn wins and not Georgia etc.( i see no way they take a bama team that lost to a three loss auburn team) but don't be shocked if this is the year a committee member says they punish the SEC for 8 game schedules and scheduling so many FCS teams.
    Also keep in mind Ohio state probably would have been favored over anybody two years ago when they lost to Michigan st and they didn't get in either.

D Med
    War Eagle!
    D Med's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2365

Stidham will not go into the draft this year, if he is smart. Auburn returns all their WR next year, and we will at least have Pettway, maybe Kerryon, if he comes back. Stidham still has two years of eligibility after this year. As far as UGA beating Auburn, not sure much will change after two weeks. I don't expect a blowout this time, but it's hard to see UGA become a different team in two weeks lol. UGA had an easy schedule playing in the East, they had time to give Fromm some reps throwing the ball, but instead they chose to throw it 7 times a game. That's on Kirby.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn is #1 as they will crush every team in their path to and beyond the national title..

They made Alabama and Georgia look like high school teams......

As for Clemson..

Auburn is at least twice as strong as they were in the 1st meeting at the beginning of the season....

This is why they are the #1 team as they will be favored in every post season game...

If you are the favorite over every team in the NCAAF, you're #1, period.............

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Auburn is #1 as they will crush every team in their path to and beyond the national title..

They made Alabama and Georgia look like high school teams......

As for Clemson..

Auburn is at least twice as strong as they were in the 1st meeting at the beginning of the season....

This is why they are the #1 team as they will be favored in every post season game...

If you are the favorite over every team in the NCAAF, you're #1, period.............
    Auburn would be dogs to Alabama and Clemson. You are probably right about favored over anyone else though.

PAULYPOKER

Auburn would be dogs to Alabama and Clemson. You are probably right about favored over anyone else though.
    I hope they're dogs as the ML will bring greater profit with less risk...........

PAULYPOKER

Let me add as I'm not a fan of Auburn or any other team in the playoff race........

I'm just riding the the fastest horse with a kilo of cocaine shot up it's ass........................

eswerve4
    eswerve4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3821

It’s all a joke until after the conference championships anyway.. let’s see how it all plays out then everyone can bitch

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Irrelevant. That's like calling off your entire stack on the turn in a poker game with a straight draw and no overs, just because you hit your straight on the river doesn't mean you made the proper decision to call the turn. So did TCU utterly destroying #9 Ole Miss 42-3 in their bowl game after getting leapfrogged have any relevance if Ohio State winning 2 playoff games did? The whole point is, that the "committee" system is ridiculous. If the conferences are sharing playoff revenue with their member schools, how long before when a team is badly losing in a conference title game that they lay down and let a playoff contender run up he score on them to impress the exalted committee?
    BCS and playoff committee has fuked TCU going back 15 years.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    BCS and playoff committee has fuked TCU going back 15 years.
    Very true. TWICE the Frogs had an awesome team well worthy. And committee dumb-dumbs ignored Frogs b/c they're a small-school.

PAULYPOKER

Oh well,the SEC is bipolar...........

I do not agree that 2 SEC teams should be allowed in the Playoffs........

I know people will say the goal is to have the 4 best teams in the playoffs..
    Let me ask you this.How can we prove Bama is better than OSU?

However, I believe Clemson would beat both unless OK takes care of Georgia 1st..........

Clemson to win back to back titles?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

This was NOT rocket science people. Where some of you come up with your ideas is simply not explainable. If you understood the way the Selection Committee worked at all, you would have come up with this. Alabama is a ONE loss team. Ohio State is a TWO loss team. End of discussion.

First 1234