Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No way FIFA doesn't let Argentina make the World Cup

Argentina needs to beat Ecuador in Ecuador (which is in altitude) and Argentina RARELY wins there. Without Messi, the World Cup ratings will be way down. Game sales will be down. FIFA will take a big hit. Argentina shouldn't need the refs to step in, but should they have to, I don't see why they wouldn't. Argentina needs to beat Ecuador, and then they'll advance to the playoffs to play New Zealand (unless other results happen, wherein Argentina can secure a World Cup bid with a win and some losses).

Would be completely insane if a nation like Argentina, the favorite to win the world cup several months back, were to not even make the tournament...

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

with all due respect to wood and reid and the boys, I dont think Aregentina needs the refs to beat NZ, Im just hoping it is Argentina that makes the playoff be great to see them down here.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Serious question: Do people actually watch the world cup because of Messi the midget? Seems like most americans will watch because USA will be in it for the first few weeks.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

FIFA can't score goals for Argentina. They don't deserve to be in the World Cup based on their inability to score goals, and there is nothing FIFA can do to change that fact.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Hey Goat,people will watch the World Cup in record numbers with or without Messi,trust me on that.Fans of Mexico,USA,England,Germany,Spain,Brazil and Italy alone are going to be tuning,those ratings alone will be massive.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave packerd_00 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Yeah it's not like Messi will do anything in the world cup but if Argentina get in watch out

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by new era View Post
    Serious question: Do people actually watch the world cup because of Messi the midget? Seems like most americans will watch because USA will be in it for the first few weeks.
    Americans don't make up most of the world. And anytime soccer is on ESPN in America, it's Ronaldo or Messi. Yeah I'm not saying people are going to tune out. But we're talking about one of the greatest if not the greatest soccer player in history. No one tunes out during an NBA finals, ratings are always up every year, but you're gonna get better ratings with Lebron vs KD, then the Spurs vs. the Celtics or some shit.

Last year Messi was in the world cup finals vs a German powerhouse. Unreal ratings. I guarantee that fewer people would watch if it was England vs the Netherlands or some shit...

FIFA won't let argentina miss. If that means calling a penalty shot, that's what it'll be. You can rig soccer games. Red cards. Etc. I'm not saying the games have to be rigged because Argentina should win these games (but then again they should have won many of the others), but believe me.

Messi has had the top selling jersey for like the last decade bro.

Telling me his absence from the world cup doesn't matter?

Would be like saying Lebron's absence from the NBA playoffs is meaningless.

lakerboy

Bro Argentina are in big trouble. I don't see them winning in Quito. They need an early goal because they will wear out in the thin air

packerd_00

Goat youre absolutely clueless about World Cup Soccer seriously man,if England was in a World Cup Final,their would be record numbers of people watching it.You haven't got the first idea about the fan base we have do you.

This isnt the UEFA Champions League mother f@cker.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Goat youre absolutely clueless about World Cup Soccer seriously man,if England was in a World Cup Final,their would be record numbers of people watching it.You haven't got the first idea about the fan base we have do you.

This isnt the UEFA Champions League mother f@cker.
    Agree. If England make the final it will be record TV numbers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Agree. If England make the final it will be record TV numbers.
    Yeah christ mate,every tom dick and harry that's got English blood would be watching.The World Cup is hard to explain,for a lot of people it is just about supporting youre country,the Soccer is secondary

Last edited by packerd_00; 10-06-17 at 11:57 PM.

Goat Milk

Packerd I know every player on every national team, I've probably been watching the World Cup longer than you've been alive. I called a German Argentina finals last time, and I called Spain to win it all and the Dutch to beat Brazil that year as well.

Don't know nothing? The English are a joke. No one cares about England. England is nothing. No one wants to watch England in the finals instead of a stacked team like Germany with world-class players at every single position. The best player on England doesn't even make the starting lineup for Germany. F you smoking?

I dominate every year in the world cup. Ask Lakerman.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro Argentina are in big trouble. I don't see them winning in Quito. They need an early goal because they will wear out in the thin air
    Agree, but it's due or die bro. I just cannot fathom the cup without the team that was favored to win it all a few months ago. It will go down as the biggest disgrace in sports history and nothing will ever compare because of the fact that it's once every four years.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Argentina missing the World Cup is ridiculous, but, do they really deserve to go? Dont know, always been a fan of Argentina, especially in 1994-2002 with Batistuta, Simeone, Ayala, and other greats commanding the team, and playing 10x times better than they do know.

That said, this is not Messi's fault, he made 6 assists vs Peru that others missed or Peru GK Gallese simply managed to tip out with unbelievable agility and luck.

Messi plays well with Argentina, but other players dont seem to play like they do at their clubs. Benedetto shouldnt be in the main 11. No fuckin way. That said who should be the main attacker? Higuain has proved himself unworthy many times, and I actually blame him for their 2014 WC final defeat. He also missed miserably vs Chile on America Cup final, he is a fuckin scrap compared to Batistuta, Crespo, Tevez ... I mean, he missed a fuckin easy tap in goal.

Dybala and Di Maria obv have quality, so does newcomer Atalanta's Gomez... BUT there seems to be a mentality factor with this guys. Dont know wtf but they aint right in the head. Making goals is about being cold blooded and methodical for the most part... ignore the pressure of the keeper the fans and everything else, is just you and the net. I know this because I played as a forward in 2nd division 13 years ago.

Argentina strikers seem anxious... self doubting and else. SAD.

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Packerd I know every player on every national team, I've probably been watching the World Cup longer than you've been alive. I called a German Argentina finals last time, and I called Spain to win it all and the Dutch to beat Brazil that year as well.

Don't know nothing? The English are a joke. No one cares about England. England is nothing. No one wants to watch England in the finals instead of a stacked team like Germany with world-class players at every single position. The best player on England doesn't even make the starting lineup for Germany. F you smoking?

I dominate every year in the world cup. Ask Lakerman.
    You keep proving to me how clueless you are to what the World Cup is about,you think people that watch are all watching it for one single person,youre absolutely missing the boat.

The English have some of the most followed and passionate fans in the World Cup,so I think you need to take that head out of youre ass,and understand that,you think this is the same thing as watching the NBA Finals,the two events could not be anymore different if you tried.Fans of the World Cup aren't just watching for guys like Messi,theirs a great proportion that watch it to support their Country,thats all its about.Ive been to World Cups before,seen the atmosphere first hand.

Guys like Messi come and go,but youre country is always their.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-07-17 at 08:31 AM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

I agree with the first post that the World Cup does need Messi, but that Argentine squad is pretty bad. But then again...if we can make the World Cup, anyone can...

packerd_00

Funny the World Cup doesn't need any one player man,its never been that way.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Funny the World Cup doesn't need any one player man,its never been that way.
    I probably didn't say it well in the post above, and no need to edit...BUT...There would be a lot more money made if Messi was there...That is all...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

people will watch whether Messi and Argentina are in or not...ratings will be fine regardless

OP with yet another air ball
    Points Awarded:

packerd_00 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

survive gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I probably didn't say it well in the post above, and no need to edit...BUT...There would be a lot more money made if Messi was there...That is all...
    Guess for the big Sponsors like Adidas and that youre right on that score,I was just talking tv ratings wise.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    people will watch whether Messi and Argentina are in or not...ratings will be fine regardless

OP with yet another air ball
    Was more referring to merch sales, and not all games are always sold out in the Cup...One would think they all would be.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Guess for the big Sponsors like Adidas and that youre right on that score,I was just talking tv ratings wise.
    TV ratings will be fine regardless...100% agreed.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

People who do not even know what a goal or a yellow card even mean watch the World Cup

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

People who do not even know what a goal or a yellow card even mean watch the World Cup

messi being in our out doesnt mean shit in the long run, disapointment by some people who love him but the world cup will be a draw like always

packerd_00

Was more referring to merch sales, and not all games are always sold out in the Cup...One would think they all would be.
    The attendance for certain games, always depends on the country,some countries aren't followed very well,say Poland for example,I was able to get Group Tickets for them.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

The attendance for certain games, always depends on the country,some countries aren't followed very well,say Poland for example,I was able to get Group Tickets for them.
    Pretty surprised about Poland not being followed well...Lewandowski should be a draw...

packerd_00

Pretty surprised about Poland not being followed well...Lewandowski should be a draw...
    I think a lot of them come but are broke dick f@cks to coin an SBR phrase,we saw a ton of Polish supporters,alot were at are Camp site,but not a lot showed up to the games.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

South american group is just too hard. And unfair.

If you look at Europe, teams on par with Argentina are playing Gibralter, Macedonia, fking Kosovo. Theres easy points all over the place, -3.5 on the spread etc.
    Asia is the same, theres always very weak teams.
    Just because you finish 6th to 5 very good international teams, doesnt mean you dont deserve to go to WC imo. Argentina are still top 32 in the world even if they finished dead last in this group.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    South american group is just too hard. And unfair.

If you look at Europe, teams on par with Argentina are playing Gibralter, Macedonia, fking Kosovo. Theres easy points all over the place, -3.5 on the spread etc.
    Asia is the same, theres always very weak teams.
    Just because you finish 6th to 5 very good international teams, doesnt mean you dont deserve to go to WC imo. Argentina are still top 32 in the world even if they finished dead last in this group.
    They cant beat Venezula,they cant beat Bolivia,please that's just a tired excuse.Brazil and Uruguay were able to handle their business,why couldn't Argentina.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-07-17 at 09:11 AM.

lakerboy

They cant beat Venezula,they cant beat Bolivia,please that's just a tired excuse.Brazil and Uruguay were able to handle their business,why couldn't Argentina.
    No man he is right. The travel is crazy. The group is a marathon and there is so many altitude issues etc. I ain't making any excuses for Argentina but how many games in the conmebol had a -2.5 spread or more? Europe qualifiers are an absolute joke. Look at England's group.

packerd_00

No man he is right. The travel is crazy. The group is a marathon and there is so many altitude issues etc. I ain't making any excuses for Argentina but how many games in the conmebol had a -2.5 spread or more? Europe qualifiers are an absolute joke. Look at England's group.
    Only one team is guaranteed anything in Englands group,though,im not even sure France is getting in to be honest,theyve completely messed everything up for themselves by being shutout by Luxembourg of all teams.Nothing is guaranteed,unless youre the very teams like Germany and Brazil.Italy may not get in,their playing like a crap,couldnt beat Macedonia yesterday.

lakerboy

Only one team is guaranteed anything in Englands group,though,im not even sure France is getting in to be honest,theyve completely messed everything up for themselves by being shutout by Luxembourg of all teams.Nothing is guaranteed,unless youre the very teams like Germany and Brazil.Italy may not get in,their playing like a crap,couldnt beat Macedonia yesterday.
    Fair enough but second gets you a two game playoff that more then likely the better team gets an easy matchup. Also first is the only guaranteed spot yes but look at the teams in the group. How can you not finish first if you are the English?

packerd_00

Fair enough but second gets you a two game playoff that more then likely the better team gets an easy matchup. Also first is the only guaranteed spot yes but look at the teams in the group. How can you not finish first if you are the English?
    I wouldn't want to put my faith in a 2 leg playoff series,who's to say Italy doesnt blow it,I could easily see it the way they've been playing lately.

England had an easier group but some didn't,Portgual didn't get a cake walk by any stretch.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-07-17 at 09:33 AM.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

I wouldn't want to put my faith in a 2 leg playoff series,who's to say Italy doesnt blow it.,I could easily see it the way they've been playing lately.

England had an easier group but some didn't,Portgual didn't get a cake walk by any stretch.
    Portugal had Faroes, Hungary, Andorra, Latvia - with their "difficult" games being against Hungary/Swiss.

Scored 28 in 8 games, how was this not an wasy group?

123 Last