TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

NBA Sends Memo Out: "Players And Coaches Must All Stand For Anthem"

Clearly the NBA doesn't want to suffer any kind of financial loss....

The Trump factor weighing in.... again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trump is winning

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Trump is winning
    The NFL is suppose to be this POWERFUL... SMART company... right? Practically every NFL owner sent out a statement backing the players actions.... for those who were kneeling.

Very ignorant on their part. They thought everyone would follow???

The NBA owners checked in.... they don't want any part of it.

Funny how the NBA owners are more intelligent than the NFL owners?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

shrewd is the correct word Money

TheMoneyShot

Some funny posts about this on facebook.

jjgold

America We Stand

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    shrewd is the correct word Money
    Correct. But, if people would of thought about this for 5 minutes... the NFL owners would of realized what would of happened.

If any league out of the Top 4 major sports... I would of put my money on the NBA to allow players to kneel... and be jerkoffs. But that tells you something right there about Adam Silver... I give him credit.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

these soft pussies crying about inequality should have to serve in the military before entering NFL draft anyway

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Correct. But, if people would of thought about this for 5 minutes... the NFL owners would of realized what would of happened.

If any league out of the Top 4 major sports... I would of put my money on the NBA to allow players to kneel... and be jerkoffs. But that tells you something right there about Adam Silver... I give him credit.
    To be fair, I believe that is more of a David Stern policy

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Some funny posts about this on facebook.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Good for them. Fukk the NFL, I'm still trying to figure out what these kneelers want. Brees and Rodgers talk about unity and get bashed. They must want all the separation they're causing in this country.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

last thing NBA needs is people tuning out when the league already sucks for competition anyways.

However, I don't believe for a second lebron would get in trouble. Silver is a typical jew, he is a bitch and will cave in a second. Manly jews don't become commissioners or work at the FED, only servants get to do those things.

Lebron will kneel and silver will then kneel for lebron.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-30-17 at 07:22 AM.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Curry and Lebron are cowards. They are those type of guys who get courage or brave when they are surrounded by friends but will never stand up for something on their own. They are showing support to all the dumb asses kneeling but they will never do it on their own. They will never risk their brand image...if they kneel, their jerseys will have less than half the demand.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

NBA has the benefit of seeing how people have reacted to the NFL. Kind of agree with Brooks here though. He wants to fine teams for resting healthy players in national TV games. He's not going to suspend these guys when push comes to shove unless it's some 12th man.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    To be fair, I believe that is more of a David Stern policy
    I believe it's been an NBA policy for years.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

It all depends how everything turns out in the NFL for the next month. If the novelty wears off, this won't be an issue. If it continues, there will be some players that challenge Silver.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Can say what you want about the NBA, but Silver seems to know what he’s doing. There’s no contracts for Russell Westbrook if half the fan base is alienated and loses interest

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Can say what you want about the NBA, but Silver seems to know what he’s doing. There’s no contracts for Russell Westbrook if half the fan base is alienated and loses interest
    Yep. The NBA doesn't have any wiggle room like the NFL. They are already a dying breed, so they can't lose any more fans. Silver probably bashing his head into a wall when LeBron, and Curry speak.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    Curry and Lebron are cowards. They are those type of guys who get courage or brave when they are surrounded by friends but will never stand up for something on their own. They are showing support to all the dumb asses kneeling but they will never do it on their own. They will never risk their brand image...if they kneel, their jerseys will have less than half the demand.
    True, there is no doubt that is being considered by lebron. He has the Blaze pizza investment going now too so it would be unnecessary pressure on that business. However, I think if he did do it he wouldn't be alone, I would bet if lebron did it the rest of the team would follow.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-30-17 at 10:55 AM.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

no nba is not smart at all

only a couple of guys had kneeled until trump antagonized the players and then more started doing it

so that will be the same in the nba

its human psychology, if you tell someone they are not allowed to do something the more they want to do it

but then again since when did trump or trump supporters have the intelligence to grasp even such a basic concept

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Judas Silver

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    .https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/29/nba-memo-makes-clear-players-and-coaches-must-stand-for-national-anthem/?utm_term=.7655bb6d87ff
    But the memo also reiterated what NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday in New York during his news conference at the end of the league’s meetings this week: that there is a league rule stating that players, coaches and trainers must stand for the national anthem, and that he expects that rule to be followed when the season starts Oct. 17.
    “We have a rule that requires our players to stand for the anthem,” Silver said Thursday. “It’s been our rule for as long as I’ve been involved with the league, and my expectation is that our players will continue to stand for the anthem.”

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

It's easy to stand up for a minority when there is no clear opponent. Not so easy when the opponent is the president. Times like these are a true test of a man.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I blame Goodell for this shit show as well. He should have taken Kaepernick to the side when this first happened and nip this shit in the bud. He should have asked him what did he want and how can the NFL help him achieve his goal. Then he could have easily said that the NFL stands by CK right to protest and have come to an agreement where he would kneel before or after the anthem but stand during the anthem or stay in the locker room. When you are in the entertainment business and you have a business, you want to offend the least amount of people. Clearly a lot of people are on both sides, so the NFL should have never even went there.

Goodell is horrible. Totally out of touch with his league, players and society.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I don't go into Publix and see all of the cashiers in a MAGA hat. You want to protest, don't do it on company time. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. That's what we hear about the confederate flag right? Silver knows there is a disconnect between his mostly liberal player base and his mostly conservative fan base who watch his product and pay the bills. He doesn't want to deal with the zoo that the NFL has been especially if ESPN circling the drain.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Judas Silver
    Agree with the players to kneel before or after the anthem but all stand during. Problem solved.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

So I take it you are a decorated soldier?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Itll be interesting to see what happens,somebody will break the rule.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    no nba is not smart at all

only a couple of guys had kneeled until trump antagonized the players and then more started doing it

so that will be the same in the nba

its human psychology, if you tell someone they are not allowed to do something the more they want to do it

but then again since when did trump or trump supporters have the intelligence to grasp even such a basic concept
    Hit the basement, and plug in Nintendo. Some Super Mario may calm you down. Bring a hot pocket, and your Lexapro.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yup. Nothing new there but if the players as a whole decided to sit, the league wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

All of the people who say they are done watching NFL are full of shit. They might not watch a game or two but they aren't going anywhere. What are they going to do with their time? Spend it with their families? Get fresh air?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I don't go into Publix and see all of the cashiers in a MAGA hat. You want to protest, don't do it on company time. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. That's what we hear about the confederate flag right? Silver knows there is a disconnect between his mostly liberal player base and his mostly conservative fan base who watch his product and pay the bills. He doesn't want to deal with the zoo that the NFL has been especially if ESPN circling the drain.
    But Publix nor any employer can require you to STAND during the anthem. If you don't want to stand, you can stay in the break room. That's the difference. Many people do not stand during the anthem because of religious reasons. The supreme court has been pretty clear on this topic as far as legalities. The NBA can say all their players must stand during the anthem OR stay in the locker room. They have to give players a choice.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Yep. The NBA doesn't have any wiggle room like the NFL. They are already a dying breed, so they can't lose any more fans. Silver probably bashing his head into a wall when LeBron, and Curry speak.
    They already slashed the number of games this year because the players were bitching about being to tired.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    But Publix nor any employer can require you to STAND during the anthem. If you don't want to stand, you can stay in the break room. That's the difference. Many people do not stand during the anthem because of religious reasons. The supreme court has been pretty clear on this topic as far as legalities. The NBA can say all their players must stand during the anthem OR stay in the locker room. They have to give players a choice.
    Ya, that's fine but if you do that prepare for less interest and less money coming in. If Publix allowed employees to wear a MAGA hat or something like a "Build the wall" shirt, they're alienating a large percentage of their customers. Those customers will go somewhere else. Publix suffers, cuts payroll, employees gone. Maybe not the best example, but the point is Silver is trying to avoid the consequences in the best interest of the league.

Remember the Dixie Chicks? They were one of the top country groups, then they talked shit about Bush and their careers are over because they pissed off their fan base. They're probably singing in some college bar for $200 a night in Knoxville now.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I blame Goodell for this shit show as well. He should have taken Kaepernick to the side when this first happened and nip this shit in the bud. He should have asked him what did he want and how can the NFL help him achieve his goal. Then he could have easily said that the NFL stands by CK right to protest and have come to an agreement where he would kneel before or after the anthem but stand during the anthem or stay in the locker room. When you are in the entertainment business and you have a business, you want to offend the least amount of people. Clearly a lot of people are on both sides, so the NFL should have never even went there.

Goodell is horrible. Totally out of touch with his league, players and society.
    and agreed. NFL way too reactive. Maybe they didn't think the sports media would treat this the way they did. Maybe they thought he'd sign? If he signs and never protests, it goes away. Instead of doing something and angering a small percentage of people on twitter for about 2 days (because that is the attention span on twitter), now everyone is pissed.

jjgold

great post

12 Last