Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

ESPN Wants Jaworski Back - Disney Says No

ESPN would like a mulligan on its decision to lay off NFL analyst Ron Jaworski. But Disney is apparently standing in the way.

The Big Lead reports ESPN wanted to bring Jaworski back for its “NFL Matchup” program, which is based around game film breakdown –– Jaworski’s unquestionable strength. A source told The Big Lead ESPN’s request to undo the layoff were rebuffed.

Jaworski was one of the more than 100 front-facing employees who ESPN terminated over the spring. The ex-quarterback was a mainstay on the network’s NFL coverage for years, breaking down game film across multiple platforms. “NFL Matchup” is currently hosted by Louis Riddick, Sal Paolantonio and Greg Cosell.

Interestingly enough, Jaworski still has ESPN in his Twitter handle (@jawsespn). On the ‘Doomsday Podcast” in June, he told former co-worker Ed Werder, who was also let go in the spring, he’s in a limbo phase with the WorldWide leader.

“I still have a contract with them until May 31 of 2022, and if they choose to want to use me in some other areas, that is being talked about with my agent basically as we speak. So I’m a guy in limbo right now. But I do want to continue some broadcasting. I love what I do,” Jaworski said.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

ESPN and Disney can eat a fat one

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They got rid of the best like morons. If it wasn't for CFB, and MNF they wouldn't have shit. I guess ABC must make enough with whatever they spit out. Dancing with the stars, and all that stupid shit.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    ESPN and Disney can eat a fat one

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Agree w/ him or not, Jaws took his job seriously. And did a solid job.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

How do you get let go, and still have a contract until 2022? Why let him go if you still have to pay him?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Agree w/ him or not, Jaws took his job seriously. And did a solid job.
    Yep. His analysis of tape was great. I didn't like him in certain aspects, but he worked his ass off.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

He is an admitted republican. I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Disney loves ghetto

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    How do you get let go, and still have a contract until 2022? Why let him go if you still have to pay him?
    Bigger question -- Why would he come back and work if he's already getting paid by them?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So really what we're learning here over this past week is that ESPN is changing the face of the network from middle aged white guys to more of an alternative or minority driven appearance. SVP, GREENY, HIS AND HERS are the prime shows for AM, 6pm, and evening and all 3 have a certain pussy factor, harmless host factor or minority spin.

Leads one to believe that ESPN is being spun off to private equity or a minority owned broadcasting company....BET maybe?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fatty that's a recipe for bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    So really what we're learning here over this past week is that ESPN is changing the face of the network from middle aged white guys to more of an alternative or minority driven appearance. SVP, GREENY, HIS AND HERS are the prime shows for AM, 6pm, and evening and all 3 have a certain pussy factor, harmless host factor or minority spin.

Leads one to believe that ESPN is being spun off to private equity or a minority owned broadcasting company....BET maybe?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fatty that's a recipe for bankruptcy
    Exactly....how else do you get out of $15 billion worth of TV football contracts?

Bankco

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Didn't know he wasn't there any longer, but I'm not surprised at any of this.

Screw ESPN. I cut the cord years ago and have no regrets.

TheMoneyShot

SVP looks old as fuk though. He's good at his job.... I think he's even better than before....

ESPN is still a joke though.

When SVP is your anchor.... you're in deep sh#$.

MinnesotaFats

Maybe but he fits both the look, appeal and political mode that a NBC quasi sports/political cable network would covet.

Some existing network with a political or racial agenda is positioning to buy a ESPN spinoff from Disney, and Disney is going to sell ESPN or their shareholders will throw out the board.

TheMoneyShot

Maybe but he fits both the look, appeal and political mode that a NBC quasi sports/political cable network would covet.

Some existing network with a political or racial agenda is positioning to buy a ESPN spinoff from Disney, and Disney is going to sell ESPN or their shareholders will throw out the board.
    It took me awhile to get use to SVP late at night on his new show. I don't know if it's the bald head or what?!?!?!

I still think you could of found someone better than him for that show.

Bunch of queers run ESPN now...

They don't have 1 show... that you religiously tune into??!?!?!?!!?

I mean... sh#$ I use to tune in for Stuart Scott.... Chris Berman.... Dan Patrick all the time.

And now SVP is your go to guy? Where is the talent now??!?! Can't be paying people $500 a week and expect people to tune in....

That 6PM SportsCenter is an absolute joke. No flow.

When the queers run your company.... it goes to pot.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

the public is realizing what a shithole espn is........wont be long until Disneyworld turns into ghettoworld

Ralphie Halves

Interesting thought, or it could be possible because they're so big, Disney can afford to have ESPN as their lefty mouthpiece while it's business as usual with their other holdings. It's gonna lose money anyway due to cord cutting and bad TV contracts, might as well have it serve some purpose.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the public is realizing what a shithole espn is........wont be long until Disneyworld turns into ghettoworld
    Been there in July?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Looks like the usual handful of righties feelings are hurt once again. Getting to a point nobody wants to hear a bunch of easily conned Fox News nitwits, points about life.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

met jaws at one of his golf courses, class act