blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30054

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My brother in law is insistent on staying at the Ritz South Beach. What a dumb ass. I can't even talk sense into him. He thinks it's a fukkking vacation. Why put yourself in harms way when you don't have to? Keeps talking about the hotel being hurricane proof. I keep telling him the Titanic was sink proof too. Cannot fix stupid.
    Yeah man, it's crazy. Some people just think they're goddamn invincible, that everything will work out, etc. Florida has close calls with hurricanes almost every summer, so most Floridians are unphased by it at this point. This time is different. You can feel the fear and panic. This thing is fking scary

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    heading to south beach end of october, any chance i can get my ticket back if its fukd?
    it'll be fine by then. south beach.. what a penetrating tourist.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i was just ordered to close my bar by the military. we are about to get penetrating hit on the northcoast of the dominican republic.

Capitols44
    Capitols44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Yeah I'll be here for the duration too, Booya.
    I will miss ur picks if you go under water locks.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21761

Why would anyone want to stay living in these coastal places? This could happen year. Literally a disaster waiting to happen.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Why would anyone want to stay living in these coastal places? This could happen year. Literally a disaster waiting to happen.
    anywhere is better than where you are

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12011

It's nice living by the beach I can attest to that..

I guess you can rent instead of own in Florida on coast or just get hurricane and flood coverage insurance on the full value of your home.. If you are renting you can just pick up, pack up and get out of dodge and don't ever come back when a monster hurricane like this hits.. It's not your house and breaking a lease will be understandable and forgiven....

If you own the home near the beach you still get the hell out of dodge and then come back after to the devastation and rebuild with the Hurricane insurance coverage you have.. Meeting the deductibles are never fun in that scenario..

It's workable I guess as you can cover yourself across the board and still enjoy living in Florida on the coast... Just a big pain in the arse any way you look at it when the shiiit hits the fan....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Men it is slightly turning north now
    Will be windy and wet

I think if you're panicking because of Houston

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

People are pussies...here now
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Booya711 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's nice living by the beach I can attest to that..

I guess you can rent instead of own in Florida on coast or just get hurricane and flood coverage insurance on the full value of your home.. If you are renting you can just pick up, pack up and get out of dodge and don't ever come back when a monster hurricane like this hits.. It's not your house and breaking a lease will be understandable and forgiven....

If you own the home near the beach you still get the hell out of dodge and then come back after to the devastation and rebuild with the Hurricane insurance coverage you have.. Meeting the deductibles are never fun in that scenario..

It's workable I guess as you can cover yourself across the board and still enjoy living in Florida on the coast... Just a big pain in the arse any way you look at it when the shiiit hits the fan....

Vacation there in the winter and that's it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    anywhere is better than where you are
    Upper 60's and sunny, I'll take it.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Upper 60's and sunny, I'll take it.
    yeah, and stray bullets all over the south side.... no thanks

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11213

Barbuda just got slammed. Massive damage over the entire island. 80% of homes are demolished. Good God.

Can't get in touch with Anguilla. Don't expect good news.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 227

Meanwhile, the northwest is burning up, thousands losing their homes, smoke so thick that air quality is dangerous, funding to fight the wild fires out, state of emergency in Montana and no news coverage. I guess we will have to give it a humans name so people will care. But back to Irma.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Those two dozen cranes for the skyscrapers in Miami Beach area can only sustain 140 mph wind, imagine if those things start tumbling down destroying Muliti-Million dollar condos & possibly killing hundreds ....

jjgold

Jerky settle down they won't even budge you watch too much TV pal

Go out have a piña colada get some fukkin pussy

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    yeah, and stray bullets all over the south side.... no thanks
    Never been there. Never seen a stray bullet.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    People are pussies...here now

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What people don't understand is that with the world population growing and so high now more and more land is being occupied.. Little room for mother nature error to avoid casualties these days.. There will always be natural disasters and people dying from now on.... It's not like a 100 years ago when people were scattered and spread out...

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Nice site.. still debating on leaving or not. This site is forecasting about 50-60mph winds starting around 9pm on Sunday night through 9pm on Monday night.

Nothing terrible, but figuring it may just be easier to shoot up to Tallahassee for a couple days instead. Especially since I still haven't gotten my car inspected so my full coverage car insurance was dropped to just liability until I do.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What people don't understand is that with the world population growing and so high now more and more land is being occupied.. Little room for mother nature error to avoid casualties these days.. There will always be natural disasters and people dying from now on.... It's not like a 100 years ago when people were scattered and spread out...

Georgia Guidestones

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ Yup.. You wonder why we have so much pollution in the world today and why the threat of global warming is looming over us all.. It's all the crowded third world Countries with millions reproducing like rabbits, living in poverty and littering up the earth, it's air and oceans...

Something has to give, major disease, starvation or something.. We can't keep going on like this..http://www.everythingconnects.org/overpopulation-effects.html

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yes upstate ny...long island..westchester...sandy did most damage Staten island.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There's plenty of stupid to go around on both sides.

Deniers of climate change are the dumbest of the lot. Their ignorance is insulting.
    Righty here, checking in. The climate does change. Unbelievable stuff. It's only been happening since the Earth was formed. Shocker.

The narcissism in humans think it's on us. I'm not gonna argue. The climate changes, absolutely.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Cannot fix stupid.
    Can't disagree with that. The ironic truth.

Stop banging your head. The football career did enough.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Righty here, checking in. The climate does change. Unbelievable stuff. It's only been happening since the Earth was formed. Shocker.

The narcissism in humans think it's on us. I'm not gonna argue. The climate changes, absolutely.
    So keep penetrating it? Don't believe in global warming or do that's on you but if you think the current rate of pollution is sustainable you are clueless.

Sorry about the attack but I take the current state of pollution personally as my life revolves around the ocean and has done since I was born. Burying your head in the sand is not the answer, honestly I gave up caring awhile a go as the only ones that can do anything won't so it is what it is.

A couple of generations down the line are going to have a ridiculous mess to clean up and that's on us.

*Notice you said 'righty' sums it up really, somehow they've managed to turn a reasonable issue (don't penetrate the earth completely) into a left v right thing. Impressive.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 09-07-17 at 02:14 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

If the track stays the same, and this thing hits Miami from the South, it will be worse than Andrew. Storm surge catastrophic. Beaches destroyed. High priced property that most insurers won't even insure completely destroyed in eyewall 180 mph winds.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Exactly. Limiting CO2 emissions won't do jack shit to temps. Earth has went thru ice ages and warmin stages before when the population was far less. Ain't nothing people can do about it.

The hopelessly naive and narcissistic can go buy an overpriced Prius to make themselves feel good. I will buy my gas guzzling SUV with 18 inch wheels with a clear conscience. We both can be happy.

If you want to stop pollution, go after China. They have the worst air quality in the world. Try to prevent volcanoes from erupting too...good luck with that one.

A few months ago I had a convo with a girl who was middle school science teacher on this dating App. She was all about climate change and I told her i don't really think about it because there's nothing man can do. You would have thought I insulted the Pope (She was Catholic too). She couldn't believe it. I told her by the end of the conversation that she really was incredible. I started talking to this girl and I was horny. I ended the convo being not horny at all and actually angry there are people in this world that are not only stupid, but actual teachers. Usually I can tolerate any stupid thing a hot girl says, but I found my breaking point with this one.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 09-07-17 at 02:43 AM.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Exactly. Limiting CO2 emissions won't do jack shit to temps. Earth has went thru ice ages and warmin stages before when the population was far less. Ain't nothing people can do about it.

The hopelessly naive and narcissistic can go buy an overpriced Prius to make themselves feel good. I will buy my gas guzzling SUV with 18 inch wheels with a clear conscience. We both can be happy.

If you want to stop pollution, go after China. They have the worst air quality in the world. Try to prevent volcanoes from erupting too...good luck with that one.

A few months ago I had a convo with a girl who was middle school science teacher on this dating App. She was all about climate change and I told her i don't really think about it because there's nothing man can do. You would have thought I insulted the Pope (She was Catholic too). She couldn't believe it. I told her by the end of the conversation that she really was incredible. I started talking to this girl and I was horny. I ended the convo being not horny at all and actually angry there are people in this world that are not only stupid, but actual teachers. Usually I can tolerate any stupid thing a hot girl says, but I found my breaking point with this one.
    That's fine by me I can listen to both sides of the argument in regards to actual climate change via co2 emmisions, honestly I couldn't care less the people that can change it won't so it's a non issue at the moment.

My concern is pollution in general which is what I like that has been brought into discussion. Do you think the current rate that humans pollute the earth is sustainable?

*Funny that a hurricane has brought up this topic I think these things just happen. I live for these things being a surfer and we've had bugger all decent ones in the last few seasons down my way so there's that. Sorry to those affected by these disasters but that's the life of a surfer a solid low pressure system.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 09-07-17 at 03:12 AM.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    So keep penetrating it? Don't believe in global warming or do that's on you but if you think the current rate of pollution is sustainable you are clueless.

Sorry about the attack but I take the current state of pollution personally as my life revolves around the ocean and has done since I was born. Burying your head in the sand is not the answer, honestly I gave up caring awhile a go as the only ones that can do anything won't so it is what it is.

A couple of generations down the line are going to have a ridiculous mess to clean up and that's on us.

*Notice you said 'righty' sums it up really, somehow they've managed to turn a reasonable issue (don't penetrate the earth completely) into a left v right thing. Impressive.
    Just talking about which hand I use.

Sorry, but the ocean has, and will be doing things like this always. Until the end of time. I guess the one that destroyed Galveston in 1900 was because of those damn new cars, and pollution. Along with all the natural disasters before modern times.

This season is bad, but I guess the lessening of pollution stopped the past 12 years from a really bad season. That damn Africa started polluting more the year.

I don't throw trash out the window. Just dumb, and disrespectful, but I'm not stopping mother nature. It is what it is. I'm going to deal with blizzards here, as some will deal with hurricanes, tsunamis, and others will deal with tornadoes, etc. Not a damn thing we can do.

Well, dumb kids not starting wildfires would be one. But, that's not a natural disaster. Keyword, natural.

Mase of Base

Just talking about which hand I use.

Sorry, but the ocean has, and will be doing things like this always. Until the end of time. I guess the one that destroyed Galveston in 1900 was because of those damn new cars, and pollution. Along with all the natural disasters before modern times.

This season is bad, but I guess the lessening of pollution stopped the past 12 years from a really bad season. That damn Africa started polluting more the year.

I don't throw trash out the window. Just dumb, and disrespectful, but I'm not stopping mother nature. It is what it is. I'm going to deal with blizzards here, as some will deal with hurricanes, tsunamis, and others will deal with tornadoes, etc. Not a damn thing we can do.

Well, dumb kids not starting wildfires would be one. But, that's not a natural disaster. Keyword, natural.
    What arsonists and something that happened over a century ago have to do with this I have no idea.

Not throwing shit out your penetrating window isn't something to be proud of by the way. The fact you even bring it up is embarrassing.

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110, wikkidinsane, and mikejamm

jjgold

Miami looks safe

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Miami looks safe
    JJ, how is your hurricane handicapping? Anything like your sports then Miami is the new Atlantis.

First ... 45678910 ... Last