dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    it doesnt make sense to me, you dont want the government to spend money to try and improve the environment, and essentially our standard of living, but you are ok for them to spend 800 billion a year on 'defense'?

i have an idea, withdraw from iraq, or afganistan, your choice, and with the savings fund the protection of the environment

anyway, you dont have to worry, trump has made it very clear that he is going in exactly the opposite direction. not only is he not going to spend a dime on protecting the environment, he is already scrapping existing environmental protection laws
    They don't need to spend money. Allow tax credits and shrink big government. If you can think of a similar way of addressing defense i'd be all for it.

Your post is a typical tactic of the left. We're talking about climate change and big government and you deflect and build a strawman about defense spending. Criticizing one thing the government does doesn't then mean you agree with everything else they do. Do you at least see the point I'm making? We don't need to expand the government to protect the environment.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2891

it doesnt make sense to me, you dont want the government to spend money to try and improve the environment, and essentially our standard of living, but you are ok for them to spend 800 billion a year on 'defense'?

i have an idea, withdraw from iraq, or afganistan, your choice, and with the savings fund the protection of the environment

anyway, you dont have to worry, trump has made it very clear that he is going in exactly the opposite direction. not only is he not going to spend a dime on protecting the environment, he is already scrapping existing environmental protection laws
    The only reason we are in Iraq and Afghanistan is to procure resources for profit-seeking corporations, so that they can make a lot of money. No one is fighting terrorism. We will continue to pollute the earth as long as a few bucks can be made. No one important gives a shit about global warming.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2891

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    They don't need to spend money. Allow tax credits and shrink big government. If you can think of a similar way of addressing defense i'd be all for it.

Your post is a typical tactic of the left. We're talking about climate change and big government and you deflect and build a strawman about defense spending. Criticizing one thing the government does doesn't then mean you agree with everything else they do. Do you at least see the point I'm making? We don't need to expand the government to protect the environment.
    Defense?! That's funny, bro. We are not fighting terrorism orfighting for freedom. Our military is serving as security for private interests and to train local military/police to do the same. Defense ... shit makes me laugh.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Jesus man. You brought up pollution. I vaguely throw a couple comments in, and that's your response to the bigger point. Gotcha.
    I apologise for my tone you seem a good dude, sorry just take that shit too personal. I don't care about politics doubt I ever will but pollution gets to me, I'm a dirty hippy at heart I guess. So again sorry man.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

kind of ironic of you to call people narcissists, considering you have a picture of the biggest narcissist of them all as your avatar

also, you are manipulating facts to suit your narrative

yes climate change has been happening since the earth formed, but natural climate change is very slow and gradual, and any noticeable change happens over thousands or even millions of years

natural climate change is so slow we would never notice it because of our short lifespan

manmade climate change has drastically affected the environment is such a short amount of time that we are feeling the effects, the climate is so different now from when i was a kid, that is not naturally occurring climate change
    Am I good if I change my avatar to Al Gore? The man who makes money off of "global warming" while doing nothing himself to reduce all the things that would seemingly make it worse.

You didn't notice natural disasters as a kid?

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    I apologise for my tone you seem a good dude, sorry just take that shit too personal. I don't care about politics doubt I ever will but pollution gets to me, I'm a dirty hippy at heart I guess. So again sorry man.
    It's fine man. I'm not on the same page with many with this issue. I do believe we shouldn't pollute as much, obviously. Still, I think the climate changes. Naturally. One year we get blasted here with snow, and the next we don't. Scientists, ice caps, all that, yeah yeah. No need to argue, though I did just throw in my final thoughts, so that was a dick move. Anyway, take care.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9107

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    She would be a perfect fit here at SBR.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

here it is, latest satellite image from weather.com/the weather channel.....

storm looks pretty damn.... uh.... shit, where did that f'n storm go??????

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

You can repair houses/property but u can't repair lives, stay away from that shit storm if u can southern neighbors. I will be donating what i can and that is all i can do unfortunately

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11271

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Donk - I have people in Turks. I was going to buy property there. No communication with them the last few hours. Zero. People on these islands are going to need tremendous help. Very sad.
    I'm getting reports of 30 - 40 people dead on Turks n Caicos. That would be more than total people killed from Irma thus far. Very small island with only about 35,000 people. Very upsetting...

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I went to the West Coast (Naples) Fl, f u c k that I want no part of that bitches pussy wall !!!
    FML now I'm inside of an evacuation zone ....

BeatTheJerk

This "teetering" whore of a storm is dribbling like Hot Sauce from The And1 tour, but then again they tend to do that as the models show.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    FML now I'm inside of an evacuation zone ....
    Which means you HAVE to leave. Pack a small suitcase with clothes, incidentals, your ID, cell phone, laptop and cash then get the hell out of there. Put pictures in garbage bags to prevent water damage. Store electronics high in an interior room/closet. At this point, you have to be careful of 2 things. Storm surge and high winds breaking glass, sending flying objects your way. Get someplace high, far from either coast, that won't get flooded and strong enough to not blow away. Not a bad idea to stay at a shelter until it passes. Strong, secure school, church, community center, YMCA, etc. People trying to ride out this thing in a boat or mobile home are playing with their lives.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12086

911 will disabled and won't respond in Miami.. People that stay are on their own..

There will be no ambulance or fire department help coming..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    911 will disabled and won't respond in Miami.. People that stay are on their own..
    Just confirmed a guy died in our neighborhood of a heart attack last week during the flood because he could not get to hospital or no one could get to him.

These storms have to be ridden out. You are on your own, because a drowning man can't help another drowning person.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ You know the poor people in the hoods, the bums and homeless and drug addicted aren't going anywhere...

Auto Donk

sad to hear that, mac.....

now we have two storms making landfall/about to make landfall.....

I'll leave it up to your own personal interpretation of the radar to determine which is bigger, irma or katia:

katia:

or Irma:

both images from exactly 30 mins ago........

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Dominican republic got hit by IRMA as category 5, they took damage bu they seem to be ok. By the time it reaches flordia it will be Category 4 according to news. So that is the only good thing i can see about IRMA. Be safe guys.

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

There is second hurricane forming, i think its called Jose.

Cuse0323

First death in Florida. Man falling from a damn ladder installing shutters.

This storm is gonna be interesting. It could damn go west, and hit LA, but probably slows down if it hits Cuba then turns north. We shall see.

Somehow my mom thinks she's going to fly down there still. Though, I guess she bumped it to tomorrow and not Sunday. So, basically to fly into a hurricane, and sit there? Fck if I know.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    There is second hurricane forming, i think its called Jose.
    Yep. Probably won't hit us, or at least won't be strong if it does. They damn hit J, and can't pick my name, fck. What's with all the weird names? Harvey, Irma, Jose, Katia.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    sad to hear that, mac.....

now we have two storms making landfall/about to make landfall.....

I'll leave it up to your own personal interpretation of the radar to determine which is bigger, irma or katia:

katia:

or Irma:

both images from exactly 30 mins ago........
    Donker u are good peeps, cant figure out if you are trolling with these radar images. A quick google search of hurricane irma news and u can see plenty of radar still showing this beast
    https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews...ew-photos/amp/

Cuse0323

These fckin people may get fcked sitting on a damn highway. The traffic is absurd. Been saying since damn the beginning this thing would be a bitch. I'd be hanging out in Kentucky, or some shit by now. At this point, better off just staying at home in some places shit.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Cuse0323 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I'll admit it doesn't look good and will soon look worse. It's been a terrible tragedy so far.

But I'm not sold on a guy in Florida falling off a ladder being blamed for this storm. Sure, he may have been preparing for the storm, but the storm didn't kill him.

We simply don't know the circumstances, distractions, etc, involved in this tragic death.

It's a sad day indeed and the weekend will only bring more tragedy.

Cuse0323

Well yeah, the ladder thing was just some dude who fell off a ladder. Nothing to do with the storm except preparing. Just bad balancing skills.

BeatTheJerk

Which means you HAVE to leave. Pack a small suitcase with clothes, incidentals, your ID, cell phone, laptop and cash then get the hell out of there. Put pictures in garbage bags to prevent water damage. Store electronics high in an interior room/closet. At this point, you have to be careful of 2 things. Storm surge and high winds breaking glass, sending flying objects your way. Get someplace high, far from either coast, that won't get flooded and strong enough to not blow away. Not a bad idea to stay at a shelter until it passes. Strong, secure school, church, community center, YMCA, etc. People trying to ride out this thing in a boat or mobile home are playing with their lives.
    Thanks for all the great hurricane survivor material, most of it I already know my native Floridian. Yeah I went to Naples from Miami Beach, One flood zone to the next, now I'm headed to Lakeland Florida where my parents reside & gonna hunker down in that area for this storm. Where are you buddy ?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    But I'm not sold on a guy in Florida falling off a ladder being blamed for this storm. Sure, he may have been preparing for the storm, but the storm didn't kill him.
    We simply don't know the circumstances, distractions, etc, involved in this tragic death.
    It's a sad day indeed and the weekend will only bring more tragedy.
    Unfortunately, the storm created a chain of events that killed him. So yes, he died as a result of the storm. Sucks. You are going to get many more people killed while trying to evacuate, board up homes, etc. Very simple, if there was no storm, there would have been no climbing up a ladder, no dead body. We had 100+ people die on the roads trying to evacuate Hurricane Rita years ago. The Hurricane never hit Houston but it still was responsible for those deaths.

This storm is looking very bad and Jose is picking up right behind it. The uncertainty of these storms are the biggest problems. A few miles in any direction can mean the difference for thousands of people.

Disney world is closing Sunday/Monday and so is Waffle House. Whenever these two places close that means it is very, very bad.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No gas, freeways packed, people scattering and getting out.. Madness..

I say screw it and turn back, kick at home and have a party.. Die and or drown but go out having a good time!!!

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    Dominican republic got hit by IRMA as category 5, they took damage bu they seem to be ok. By the time it reaches flordia it will be Category 4 according to news. So that is the only good thing i can see about IRMA. Be safe guys.
    Category 4 with 145 mph winds. Category 4/5 I mean it's all semantics. Miami is like six feet above sea level and could have ten foot plus surges. Good luck.

Auto Donk

that wind interactive map showed top winds in this "bad ass" storm to be only 81 mph and weakening by the hour.... they are down to 72-73 now..... this thing won't even qualify as a tropical depression by the time it hits land.....

the media is loving the ratings they're getting, so they're misleading the shit out of the general public about the severity of this so-called hurricane.....

sad shit............

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No gas, freeways packed, people scattering and getting out.. Madness..

I say screw it and turn back, kick at home and have a party.. Die and or drown but go out having a good time!!!

Yeah, I'd rather be drinking in my house than stuck in traffic now. This thing was huge from the start. People are going to die on the highways. Waited too long, and this bitch is fast moving. They have to open up all lanes soon.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Unfortunately, the storm created a chain of events that killed him...
    Not buying it, you don't know why he fell off the ladder. Thousands travel the roadway everyday and many die in accidents. When a guy dies in a car accident heading to his office job, they don't usually blame the job on the death.

But maybe we should, after all, no job to get to, no need to drive, no accident. I guess every to and from work fatality auto accident should just be blamed on jobs.

It's a reach, but whatever makes you feel at ease with the storm that hasn't hit Florida yet.

Auto Donk

no one is going to die from the actual storm on the US mainland; in fact, if there was no storm at all coming, more south floridiots would die overdosing from drugs on south beach this weekend in the ordinary course of life, sans hurricane..... there will be less deadly husband/wife violence given the cruise ships aren't operating.... I could go on, but you get the point....

think of it this way, by the time this storm has further weakened and hits land, it will actually be saving lives over what the situation would have been with no storm at all....

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    no one is going to die from the actual storm on the US mainland; in fact, if there was no storm at all coming, more south floridiots would die overdosing from drugs on south beach this weekend in the ordinary course of life, sans hurricane..... there will be less deadly husband/wife violence given the cruise ships aren't operating.... I could go on, but you get the point....

think of it this way, by the time this storm has further weakened and hits land, it will actually be saving lives over what the situation would have been with no storm at all....
    Cruise ships, etc. are still packed and heading wherever they can. So, probably even more domestic violence as the wives will be nagging even more, and not putting out. Hell, violence in general once the booze, and drugs run out.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Cruise ships, etc. are still packed and heading wherever they can. So, probably even more domestic violence as the wives will be nagging even more, and not putting out. Hell, violence in general once the booze, and drugs run out.
    And when the shits run through the cruise ship like a bad habit, they'll blame Irma alright.

Only it'll be Irma in the kitchen who forgot to wash her hands.

First ... 78910111213 ... Last