Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

EVACUATION ORDERS BEING ANNOUNCED SOON FOR MIAMI

PER MIAMI HERALD

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weat...171343362.html

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Why are Hurricane names always Latino? How about a Hurricane named Joe, John, Mark or Larry once in a while? I'm gonna protest because I'm offended!!! ...

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Seems like many areas are posting what is still available at area stores......

Publix in Satellite Beach is out of water, but they have buy 2 get 1 free on 12 packs of beer.

• Walmart on Sarno Road in Melbourne is almost out of canned tuna. It's definitely out of Spam and bottled water.
    • Home Depot and the two Sunocos on Merrrit island have lots of water.
    • No bottled water at Target in Viera.
    • Amazon is selling bottled water, with delivery by Sept. 6 and 7.
    • No bottled water at Aldi in Titusville. Employees said the store ran out at noon today.
    Buy 2 get 1, 12pack of beer sounds like a deal!

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...ist/631738001/

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know why anyone would want to live at sea level or below sea level these days.. Only a matter of time before you get washed away...

Places like NY will get washed away soon.. Florida, New Orleans, Jersey and even Houston you are all shiiit canned if you live and own beach front property.. Sell and get out of Dodge I say.. Time to live a bit inland and a good amount of feet above sea level..

I don't trust levies either..

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Got relatives in FL. Some in Sarasota another mid FL. They normally ride it out. Those in here that are too, good luck.

Snowball

Irma's sustained as in constant winds now measuring 185
    gusts can go HIGHER

Hurricane Irma packing 185 mph sustained winds

NBC Fort Myers

lom bylyri
    lom bylyri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

[QUOTE=newguy;27188538]The path it's on doesn't scream Tampa hit to me. I would be getting out of dodge if I lived in Miami. I'm in Melbourne and we are stocked as well. Not sure where we could even go. Have to go north but you would just be sitting in traffic!![/QUOTE

I ain't going nowhere. I live in Tampa Bay area and remember Charlie a few years back. It was supposed to hit us bulls eye and everybody left for Orlando. It turned south at the last moment, hit Port Charlotte and traveled north along I-4 and hit Orlando worst than us. Those who over payed for hotels and shit in Disney area regret it to this day...

Snowball

Storm Surge 11 ft.
    Wave Height 15-20 ft.

Total displacement (both added): 25-30 feet seawater at worst range.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    its the size of Europe

Shit.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    its the size of Europe

no

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Which is more threatening NK nukes or Hurricanes now? America could be in for a world of hurt one day soon.. Certainly a concern..

Life goes on can't worry about it I say.. Live and enjoy.. We all gotta die one day anyways..

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe he meant to say Ohio, not Europe...lol.

Still, stay safe Floridians, take the time to prepare. You will be in our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    I'm riding it out in Miami. Loaded up on water, gas and canned goods on Saturday.
    Stay Safe Lock, check in when you can.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The Carrib islands in it's path are surely gonna be devastated and destroyed for sure.. Cuba and Puerto Rica could also get worked hard also.. Then when it picks up strength again Florida got next..

CNN reports this ties for the strongest hurricane ever recorded.. This is serious stuff brewing!!!! This is a real monster!!!

The latest -

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/hur...ida/index.html

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami can get possibly 15 feet of water in the city

Some areas if it's a direct hit will be completely gone forever into the ocean

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    HappyBoy get out of there now
    lol..actually thought about that Hanky... shit is a monster..stores are a freaking mad house..fuk it gonna ride it out..keep ya posted..pray for Happy SBR

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

[QUOTE=lom bylyri;27188689]
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    The path it's on doesn't scream Tampa hit to me. I would be getting out of dodge if I lived in Miami. I'm in Melbourne and we are stocked as well. Not sure where we could even go. Have to go north but you would just be sitting in traffic!![/QUOTE
    I ain't going nowhere. I live in Tampa Bay area and remember Charlie a few years back. It was supposed to hit us bulls eye and everybody left for Orlando. It turned south at the last moment, hit Port Charlotte and traveled north along I-4 and hit Orlando worst than us. Those who over payed for hotels and shit in Disney area regret it to this day...
    I remember that storm. I had friends stay with my brother in Orlando and they got hit. LOL. Very frustrating to say the least but, none of them were ever in danger of losing their lives. The reason you should move more inland is because you are putting your life at risk being on the coastline. Melbourne is very close to the coastline. I don't know how close you are to the beach but I would move towards Orlando or Ocala if I was in Melbourne. I do not like the look of this beast and I think a lot of people are about to lose their lives. My sister lives on the beach in Fort Lauderdale and she's heading to Orlando in the morning. Once a hurricane hits land, it will slow down, so Orlando is a great choice. Plus you don't have to worry about storm surges like on the coast. You will never know until it's too late if Melbourne will take a direct hit. Why take the chance?

My college buddy lived in Homestead FL when Hurricane Andrew was approaching. He said he was going to ride it out. All our friends insisted that he evacuate but he didn't want to. We were pleading with him for several hours but he felt he could hunker down. I finally told him that I was coming down there and forcibly putting him and his family in my truck. They eventually came up to Orlando. Long story short, their entire neighborhood was destroyed. Many people died from Andrew. Much more than was ever reported (a lot of undocumented people there). Several people on his street... dead. This is not an earthquake or tornado where you have little notice. You know this beast is headed your way. I see no excuse for staying in harms way. Why take the risk? This hurricane is already the fastest on record. Good luck hoping that your hurricane certified windows will hold. They are not rated for winds this high. We are seeing an unprecedented hurricane and it's headed your way.

I said a year ago that this was going to be a record year for hurricanes. This is just the beginning. I expect several more significant storms this season. I'm afraid that this one is going to take a lot of lives.

Mac4Lyfe

This was parts of Homestead right after... My friends house was somewhere in that mess.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

I was with Bell South in 92 after Andrew and actually went to Country Walk..and the first thought that went through my mind was "theyll never fix this." It looked like a bomb went off

Snowball

expect outages at books in the islands

Antigua said they are praying for low deaths

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    expect outages at books in the islands

Antigua said they are praying for low deaths
    Good point!

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

On Miami Beach now....peaceful AF

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

gobucks
    gobucks's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21592

I live in Naples, FL. Got Tix out of Orlando to New Jersey to visit my father Friday morning. Worst aftermath of storm for us would be loss of electricity which would mean loss of air conditioning which would be hell in SW Florida at this time of year. Prayers for all who have to ride it out and hope it loses strength over Cuba per the European model.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Good wins with CFL last night

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Still a long ways off to make these projections the hurricanes can die off to a tropical storm's pretty quickly I did study meteorology so I have a major clue

Mac4Lyfe

I was laying in my pool, relaxing, having fun with the kids right up till Harvey hit Houston. The sun was out, beautiful day, calm nice breeze. Never in my wildest imagination would I have imagined what I've seen the last 2 weeks. Some of the sights I've seen I can't get out of my mind. Absolute horrific images. Places I past by every day totally gone. Roads I drive over every day 30 feet deep. I just found out that a guy I hired years ago had a heart attack and died last week. No one could come to his aid. Today was the first day I could drive my car out of flood waters. Many people are experiencing depression here.

I pray that this hurricane moves elsewhere but I am also praying that you don't take this for granted. It may totally miss Miami but you could also get a direct hit. You should be nowhere near the storm surge this weekend. I haven't seen a hurricane this well formed EVER. No cloud cover whatsoever in the eye. It is a bowling ball about to wreck the Caribbean and the state of Florida. There is nothing to slow this beast down. I think we are looking at the most catastrophic hurricane in the history of the US and we just had Harvey. You are looking at 15 - 20 feet storm surge on that same beach. Get out of their brother, while you can.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave Mac4Lyfe 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I was laying in my pool, relaxing, having fun with the kids right up till Harvey hit Houston. The sun was out, beautiful day, calm nice breeze. Never in my wildest imagination would I have imagined what I've seen the last 2 weeks. Some of the sights I've seen I can't get out of my mind. Absolute horrific images. Places I past by every day totally gone. Roads I drive over every day 30 feet deep. I just found out that a guy I hired years ago had a heart attack and died last week. No one could come to his aid. Today was the first day I could drive my car out of flood waters. Many people are experiencing depression here.

I pray that this hurricane moves elsewhere but I am also praying that you don't take this for granted. It may totally miss Miami but you could also get a direct hit. You should be nowhere near the storm surge this weekend. I haven't seen a hurricane this well formed EVER. No cloud cover whatsoever in the eye. It is a bowling ball about to wreck the Caribbean and the state of Florida. There is nothing to slow this beast down. I think we are looking at the most catastrophic hurricane in the history of the US and we just had Harvey. You are looking at 15 - 20 feet storm surge on that same beach. Get out of their brother, while you can.
    Calm before the storm...Marriott said they would comp my room if I stayed. I have to be in Boston Sunday so I'm flying out tomorrow. It's one thing to live there and go through it but I'm getting the fukk out for sure...

everything good with you in S. Texas now?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Beat me to it Booya.. "Calm before the storm".. That's a famous and well known saying for a reason..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks View Post
    I live in Naples, FL. Got Tix out of Orlando to New Jersey to visit my father Friday morning. Worst aftermath of storm for us would be loss of electricity which would mean loss of air conditioning which would be hell in SW Florida at this time of year. Prayers for all who have to ride it out and hope it loses strength over Cuba per the European model.
    Are you sure the airport will be open on Friday? You are cutting it close. Airport may close if they get high winds. I'd look to reserve a hotel in Orlando just in case.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Why has Florida run out of bottled water? Do they not have sinks in their kitchens?

Mac4Lyfe

Calm before the storm...Marriott said they would comp my room if I stayed. I have to be in Boston Sunday so I'm flying out tomorrow. It's one thing to live there and go through it but I'm getting the fukk out for sure...
    everything good with you in S. Texas now?
    Good shit Booya. Get the hell out of there. Most of South Florida is basically an island. Very flat and could take massive wind and water. People in those high rises up A1A think they are safe the higher they go. Bullshit. Those places are apparently hurricane safe but damn sure not 150 mph wind safe. They use low numbers and stamp a hurricane safe label on it. The last place I would be is in any of those hotels on South Beach or any of the high rises. Good luck taking 150 mph winds for an extended time. That would topple the Empire State Building. My cousin said he's staying in the Ritz Miami Beach. I'm trying to tell that idiot to get up to Orlando but he won't listen. He keeps saying that the hotel is hurricane proof. The fukkking Titanic was unsinkable too.

I am good. I was so lucky not to take water in my house. 80% of the homes in my area took water and we now know several people that died. It is still surreal as I can't believe what just happened. The lake on my street has finally receded enough for me to get my truck out today for the first time. I drove down the street just to get out of the house finally. My wife and daughter ventured out further and are currently stuck in traffic for 3 hours now. Hell with that, I'll wait a few more days before I go anywhere. There's still only a few major roads to travel. All the streets behind me are still not passable. The road to get to my office is still 30 feet underwater. 30 feet... I probably won't get out there for a few more weeks.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Still a long ways off to make these projections the hurricanes can die off to a tropical storm's pretty quickly I did study meteorology so I have a major clue

This is true. So often these things go way off shore and weaken.

But it doesn't sound good.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Why has Florida run out of bottled water? Do they not have sinks in their kitchens?
    Florida has some of the worst water in the country. Some places the water smells out of the faucet.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    People panic and make a run on the grocery stores. The first thing people buy are bread and water. There's not enough stores to handle the volume of people. You need bottles to hold the water, which is why people fill their bathtubs or use pots and pans. Several areas here were told not to drink the tap water, some areas were told to boil water but most areas had running water. The water pressure got real low at times and that also makes you nervous. I wouldn't drink this water for a few weeks tbh. Too much sewage, disease, pesticides, oil slicks, runoff to trust the city right now.

First 123456 ... Last