dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Why do so many think Conor McGregor is going to gas out and tire?

He's used to 5 minute rounds

He won't be doing cardio intensive moves like kicking and defending takedowns

He has been practicing sparring 12 rounds for months

He's 11 years younger than Mayweather

He learned his lesson in the first Diaz fight

KOd or embarrassingly outboxed? Sure. Gassing, probably not

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

How on earth is he going to hit Mayweather? Remember the Canelo fight when Canelo chased him for 12 rounds and lost every one. Floyd was not out to put on a show in that one. He will run and counter and score. I'd be shocked if he lost even a round. Ring side judges give him the round if he just throws a stray jab.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    How on earth is he going to hit Mayweather? Remember the Canelo fight when Canelo chased him for 12 rounds and lost every one. Floyd was not out to put on a show in that one. He will run and counter and score. I'd be shocked if he lost even a round. Ring side judges give him the round if he just throws a stray jab.
    I know he's definitely an underdog, just don't understand why so many think he will gas out and early

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I know he's definitely an underdog, just don't understand why so many think he will gas out and early
    Yea I don't see that. Conor is a beast, in his absolute prime and in battle hardened shape. I think he chases Floyd for 12 rounds or until he gets knocked out.

The scenario that Conor wins is if he can walk through Floyds punches and score big time body shots or even hit Floyds arms. He is stronger and younger. Think Hagler walking right through Hearns best punches. I doubt this is the scenario that plays out but it is possible.
    Points Awarded:

boneheaded1 gave RoyBacon 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Great points by OP.

11 years younger

And use to 5 minute rounds.

I'm 40 years old right now.... and I feel I'm still in great shape.

But clearly I know... someone who's 29 or 30 should be more conditioned than me in a similar weight class.

This fight might be more even than what people originally suggested.

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Yea I don't see that. Conor is a beast, in his absolute prime and in battle hardened shape. I think he chases Floyd for 12 rounds or until he gets knocked out.

The scenario that Conor wins is if he can walk through Floyds punches and score big time body shots or even hit Floyds arms. He is stronger and younger. Think Hagler walking right through Hearns best punches. I doubt this is the scenario that plays out but it is possible.
    Roy, I generally roll my eyes at all you (non sports related stuff) but that Hagler/Hearns reference was . . . frickin spot on dude. Honestly, home run reference/comparison.

Wohlford
    Wohlford's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

OP makes very valid points.

The only problem is this:

The main reason for McGregor having gastank issues in the past has less to do with conditioning and more to do with (a) how hard he swings and (b) how much he moves (bouncing and moving in/out long distances to strike).

Also, McGregor's striking defense relies heavily on lightning quick reflexes, which require a pretty full tank and a really clear head. Fatigue and attrition hurt his defense immensely.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

boxing - score points , its was over when they said ok we BOX not fight ,best bet is if you can get mayw ko -140 and cash it gl.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Because Conor is going to blow his wad in the first 5 rounds trying to knock out Money. I don't know if Floyd has it in him to get a KO after the onslaught but he will at minimum point Conor to death for the next 7 if he can't knock him out.

Heard a rumor the other day that Conor's exit plan is headbutts if he can't catch Floyd early. Either get a few by the ref to hurt money or at worst take the DQ to save face.
    Points Awarded:

GUMMO77 gave SharpAngles 69 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Great points by OP.

11 years younger

And use to 5 minute rounds.

I'm 40 years old right now.... and I feel I'm still in great shape.

But clearly I know... someone who's 29 or 30 should be more conditioned than me in a similar weight class.

This fight might be more even than what people originally suggested.
    You're talking about 30 years of boxing experience fighting an amatuer level boxer at best. There's many levels to this game and age is near the bottom of the list of importance.

SharpAngles

FWIW coming from Floyd

Maybe Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Conor McGregor got too accustomed to fighting at welterweight, because the “Notorious” mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter is having trouble managing his weight.
    That’s according to undefeated boxing icon Floyd Mayweather Jr., who will face the power-punching Irishman this Saturday night (Aug. 26, 2017) on pay-per-view (PPV) from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Apparently a “strong source” told Mayweather that McGregor is struggling to make the 154-pound limit, which could dramatically alter the outcome of their pugilistic affair this weekend in “Sin City.”

“He better be trying to get his weight down, my weight is down,” Mayweather told MMA Fighting. “I know he’s over right now, what he weighs. What I was told, I do my homework, I’ve been hearing a lot about him getting IV bags. I don’t know if it’s true ... rumors. He got seven IV bags. You know with the Nevada commission, that’s illegal.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/8/24/1...ake-weight-ufc

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

How many threads do we have to see about this shit? No matter what angle you try to take it all comes back to the art of boxing. Connor is not a fukin boxer against arguably best boxer ever at this weight. Mayweather will win in a landslide decision. Boxers, that have trained all their lives, haven't been able to put enough punches on Mayweather to win a decision or knock him out. Now we got an overhype clown from the UFC pretending he is going to box the champ. Is there a boxing expert that is giving Connor a chance in hell? I haven't seen one and for good reason.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Be over soon might as well talk about it still kind of slow

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Since when? He's gone the distance once in his UFC career, and he gassed both times against Nate, only difference in the rematch was that he got his second wind back, but look at his output and it's very easy to see a clear decline from less than 10 minutes into the fight.

Conor has also suffered way worse injuries already in his career than Mayweather, let's not forget Conor blew out one of his knees completly in the Max Holloway fight, and then suffered a tear on his other knee playing around on the mats with Rory McDonald during the Aldo world tour.

Plus his style is not built for cardio longievity at all.

And finally it's completly irrelevant if he's been sparring 12 rounds for months, you can't simulate an accurate 'live scenario' in sparring, so in terms of actual competition experience in Boxing he has none. He has NO idea what so ever how his body is going to react, no idea what sort of tempo to expect or any idea what sort of pacing makes sense for his bodytype and fighting style when applied to Boxing.

Floyd may be 40, but that dudes been using the best stemcells and medicines that money can buy for years, bet on that. Floyd's most likely gonna be hitting him to the body early and often.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

If Conner comes out guns blazing he will obviously gas. I think the smart thing for Conner to do is pace himself early. Floyd will not have as much success playing his grab and hold style with a person that is WAY more skilled in clinches. MMA fighters train countless hours working out of clinches with their opponents wearing gloves that have fingers exposed. Conner will instantly show dominance in this situation. That negates Floyd's favorite move. He will be reduced to backing up and POT Shots. Lefties give Floyd more problems. He can't hid behind his shoulder and roll when facing a southpaw. There are some things Conner might find small victories in early that will carry him to later rounds. Floyd faced most of his big name opponents when they were out of their prime. Pacman, Mosely and Golden Boy to name some of the more recent ones. I understand he was fighting these people well into his thirties also. His run and grab style has done nothing but allowed him to fight for so long. He wasn't in wars. I don't fell he has EVER been in a WAR. All the ones I named above were in several wars before they fought Floyd. Let's not forget you get to sit on the stool every 3 minutes in boxing. 8 rounds is 24 minutes with 7 minutes of rest total. Haven't seen a Floyd fight that has ever resembled a fast pace and boxing is less physically taxing then MMA. If Conner doesn't blow his wad early he stands a better chance at winning this fight. He can't think he will go out there and KO a guy as illusive as Floyd. My suggestion is be shyt faced by fight time and enjoy the party! Probably another YAWNFEST!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    How many threads do we have to see about this shit? No matter what angle you try to take it all comes back to the art of boxing. Connor is not a fukin boxer against arguably best boxer ever at this weight. Mayweather will win in a landslide decision. Boxers, that have trained all their lives, haven't been able to put enough punches on Mayweather to win a decision or knock him out. Now we got an overhype clown from the UFC pretending he is going to box the champ. Is there a boxing expert that is giving Connor a chance in hell? I haven't seen one and for good reason.
    Yep. All I know for sure is that Conor has no chance. Runs out of gas, knocked out, loses by decision, whatever. This is one of the most lopsided fights of all time. It's not even lopsided, it's already over. Conor won't DQ, and lose money. It will be boring as hell. They high five, hug, and laugh after they steal everyone's money

Can't wait until this is over, and anyone who thinks Conor had a shot sees what happens.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He won't be doing cardio intensive moves like kicking and defending takedowns

He has been practicing sparring 12 rounds for months

He's 11 years younger than Mayweather

He learned his lesson in the first Diaz fight

KOd or embarrassingly outboxed? Sure. Gassing, probably not
    There's a reason in a boxers development they don't just start out doing 12 round fights. They build up to 12

Conor could gas

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

The fight won't go long enough for him to gas.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most of these turn out to be duds this one will be till I'm not buying it

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I think I read somewhere Conor is about 8 lbs over right now. I'm not sure how easily these guys can cut weight, but that seems like a lot.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I think I read somewhere Conor is about 8 lbs over right now. I'm not sure how easily these guys can cut weight, but that seems like a lot.
    http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/2...-making-weight

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

21 year experience is the difference.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Connor will most likely get DQ'ed by doing something stupid like going for a takedown. All Mayweather has to do is lay there like he's hurt, fight over.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    That's nothing for those guys. Conor would cut 20-30 pounds I'd guess for this fight, most of that comes in the last couple of days. Look up weight cuts it's quite fascinating, no idea how they still manage to fight the next day even rehydrated.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Because Conor is going to blow his wad in the first 5 rounds trying to knock out Money. I don't know if Floyd has it in him to get a KO after the onslaught but he will at minimum point Conor to death for the next 7 if he can't knock him out.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    There's a reason in a boxers development they don't just start out doing 12 round fights. They build up to 12

Conor could gas
    He did gas

In around the 5th round

It was only a matter of time from there on.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Willy scrambling

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    He did gas
    His power was gone already in the third, you could see it on Floyd's bodylanguage that he knew the power was gone. Conor will never be a fighter built for cardio intensive work. If you can make it through 2-3 rounds with him be it MMA or be it Boxing odds are you increase your chance at winning greatly.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Now we know this is Conor's major weakness.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Conor gassed out badly....dude just hit a wall. Mayweather did exactly what he said he would do...

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    His power was gone already in the third, you could see it on Floyd's bodylanguage that he knew the power was gone. Conor will never be a fighter built for cardio intensive work. If you can make it through 2-3 rounds with him be it MMA or be it Boxing odds are you increase your chance at winning greatly.
    exactly, not only did his defense suffer greatly with his hands down the whole time since the third but those shots are 50% or higher less powerful. good stoppage

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Once again, Dlowlilly is wrong

But then again, whats new

dlowilly

I was disastrously wrong here

Mods delete thread
    Points Awarded:

turbozed gave dlowilly 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Once again, Dlowlilly is wrong

But then again, whats new
    Oh I know I was wrong and can admit it

People that can't and won't do that become libtards like you