lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    NBA is a piece of shit for the most part, i watch college hoops, and nothing else. NBA might as well be WWF wrestling.
    i cant understand how people can watch that ncaa crap. boring as shit .

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

NBA is a piece of shit for the most part, i watch college hoops, and nothing else. NBA might as well be WWF wrestling.
    I understand why you think that about NBA regular season. NBA playoffs though are a whole nother animal. I love Nba playoffs.

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i cant understand how people can watch that ncaa crap. boring as shit .
    Exactly my thoughts.

bigdaddyjames
    bigdaddyjames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

how did NBA lose $400 million dollars >>> THAT IS CRAZY
    Points Awarded:

xxx gave bigdaddyjames 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JohnAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyjames View Post
    how did nba lose $400 million dollars >>> that is crazy
    njn & min

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

JA, college is pure, played with passion. The NCAA tournament blows anything the NBA can offer out of the water.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyjames View Post
    how did NBA lose $400 million dollars >>> THAT IS CRAZY
    Salaries getting out of whack with the economy.

When they agreed to the current collective bargaining agreement, the salaries were reasonable for the times. Because the economy has went to the shitter, the agreement they made at the beginning of the decade doesn't work anymore.

JohnAnthony

JA, college is pure, played with passion. The NCAA tournament blows anything the NBA can offer out of the water.
    Is that so? how do you explain Boston College today?

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
    Is that so? how do you explain Boston College today?
    what about BC? didn't see em. Just saying, the tournament is the best even in ALL of sports if you ask me.

JohnAnthony

what about BC? didn't see em. Just saying, the tournament is the best even in ALL of sports if you ask me.
    Never had a change to follow the tourney. When does it start? will follow and tell you what I think.

Brock Landers

Never had a change to follow the tourney. When does it start? will follow and tell you what I think.
    Thursday March 18th and Friday March 19th are the best 2 days in sport, only gets more intense from there.

JohnAnthony

Thursday March 18th and Friday March 19th are the best 2 days in sport, only gets more intense from there.
    Okay thanks for the heads-up. Hope I can find streams to watch these.

Brock Landers

Okay thanks for the heads-up. Hope I can find streams to watch these.
    i believe CBS sports streams every game from the tournament in its entirety.

JohnAnthony

i believe CBS sports streams every game from the tournament in its entirety.
    For free...?

Brock Landers

For free...?
    http://mmod.ncaa.com/

JohnAnthony

Cool. Thanks for the link Landers!

Tree Rollins

Cool. Thanks for the link Landers!
    John. If you like basketball at all, it's hard not to get into March Madness. I think you'll enjoy it.

JohnAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    John. If you like basketball at all, it's hard not to get into March Madness. I think you'll enjoy it.
    I've been hatin' on college hoops lately but I'll take your word for it Tree.

lakerboy

The ncaa tourney is good for sure. Cant deny that

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

njn & min
    There are always gonna be terrible teams like that. That's not why the league is gonna lose $400 mil.

MastaB
    MastaB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Losing 400 million but everyone involved is making money...

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by MastaB View Post
    Losing 400 million but everyone involved is making money...
    Everyone involved? no. There are owners who are hemorrhaging millions of dollars and who's teams will fold if changes aren't made.

JohnAnthony

Everyone involved? no. There are owners who are hemorrhaging millions of dollars and who's teams will fold if changes aren't made.
    Like the Grizzlies' owner.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's how you bring the league back:

1) Fire all the referees. Every. Single. One. First priority is to restore integrity to the league.
    2) Cut the prices of every ticket by 50%
    3) Allow kids under 15 to get nosebleed seats for $5. Make the league affordable for families and not only will your attendance skyrocket, but so will your revenues from concessions, parking, souvenirs, etc... AND you will be building a young fan base that will sustain the league for years and years to come.
    4) Switch to the college 3 point line. This will make for more exciting games. Since the refs wont be crooked anymore, we'll need a new way to skew games in favor of the offense. This will do it just fine.
    5) Speed up the pace of the game. I don't know how to do it, maybe **** with the shot clock. I don't care how they do it, but they need to speed up the pace of the game. College basketball is so much more entertaining than the pros and one of the reasons is because its rare to see players walking around.

Do these 5 things and I promise you a more profitable league......... but it wont happen. Stern is a ****in dolt and I hate the NBA.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA will save itself before it goes under....Getting 5 million a year to play basketball is a bit insane especially in a bad economy.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

this is the way it should be im so sick of seeing all these athletes getting paid multi million dollars and then still complaining. i hope they make it so each player can only receive 500k maximum a year!

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegangster View Post
    Here's how you bring the league back:

1) Fire all the referees. Every. Single. One. First priority is to restore integrity to the league.
    2) Cut the prices of every ticket by 50%
    3) Allow kids under 15 to get nosebleed seats for $5. Make the league affordable for families and not only will your attendance skyrocket, but so will your revenues from concessions, parking, souvenirs, etc, but you will be building a young fan base that will sustain the league for years and years to come.
    4) Switch to the college 3 point line. This will make for more exciting games. Since the refs wont be crooked anymore, we'll need a new way to skew games to the offenses favor. This will do it just fine.
    5) Speed up the pace of the game. I don't know how to do it, maybe **** with the shot clock. I don't care how they do it, but they need to speed up the pace of the game. College basketball is so much more entertaining than the pros and one of the reasons is because its rare to see players walking around.

Do these 5 things and I promise you a more profitable league......... but it wont happen. Stern is a ****in dolt and I hate the NBA.
    your #1- so what do they do when they fire every ref? hire even less qualified refs with less experience? some of their refs do suck, but overall they are the best in the world.
    2- that's so easy to say but what is the point in having a professional sports league that doesn't make any money? if they're already losing money, how would it help to cut tickets by 50%? most of the lower-tier franchises are already practically giving away tickets. This makes no sense
    3- that one doesn't sound to bad.
    4- they already tried making the 3-point line closer. in the early 90's they brought the line in a couple feet and it brought down scoring drastically. It was one of the worst ideas in nba history. A closer 3-line just encouraged players, even shitty players, to jack up a lot of low % deep shots instead of taking it to the hoop. Scoring went down significantly and so did shooting %. terrible idea
    5-they've already done this. They cut the backcourt violation time from 10 seconds to 8. and eliminated hand-checking.

basically, if you ran the nba it would be completey run into the ground within 2 years. it wouldn't even exist anymore.
    Sorry man, but David Stern is smarter then you.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17939

They make to much $$$!

lakerboy

They do need to get rid of refs like bavetta and salvatore

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

your #1- so what do they do when they fire every ref? hire even less qualified refs with less experience? some of their refs do suck, but overall they are the best in the world.
    2- that's so easy to say but what is the point in having a professional sports league that doesn't make any money? if they're already losing money, how would it help to cut tickets by 50%? most of the lower-tier franchises are already practically giving away tickets. This makes no sense
    3- that one doesn't sound to bad.
    4- they already tried making the 3-point line closer. in the early 90's they brought the line in a couple feet and it brought down scoring drastically. It was one of the worst ideas in nba history. A closer 3-line just encouraged players, even shitty players, to jack up a lot of low % deep shots instead of taking it to the hoop. Scoring went down significantly and so did shooting %. terrible idea
    5-they've already done this. They cut the backcourt violation time from 10 seconds to 8. and eliminated hand-checking.

basically, if you ran the nba it would be completey run into the ground within 2 years. it wouldn't even exist anymore.
    Yes. Hire less qualified refs who arent crooked. The refs are never going to be perfect and bottom line is the fans arent there to see the refs. Restoring integrity to the league is far more important.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/milwaukee_bucks/ I live in Milwuakee. Tickets in the lower portion of the bowl are like 100 bucks. You're telling me me that's "practically giving away tickets." Don't kid yourself.

about cutting tix prices in half you say "that's so easy to say but what is the point in having a professional sports league that doesn't make any money? if they're already losing money, how would it help to cut tickets by 50%?"

Think of it this way. If 1 person buys a ticket at the current prices, but you slash tickets and sell 3 seats at half price, you're effectively making 50% more on the ticket price alone... then you add in the money that is spent on concessions and parking and dadadada... so even if you sell 2 tickets instead of 1 youre doing more than breaking even because you make more in concessions and other sales at the stadium.... not to mention the electric atmosphere that a filled stadium brings. It will make people want to come back..........instead of having a shitload of empty seats which isnt doing you ANY good.

As far as "theyve already done this" for improving the speed of the game. It's not enough. College bball is still far more entertaining. they need to do more. they are LOSING money. no one is watching. how can you justify that theyve done enough?

and as far as moving the 3 point line in, that was just a means of making games more entertaining, im sure theres other ways to do it... they need to do something to splash things up.
    Last edited by ericthegangster; 02-14-10 at 11:26 PM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

they dont need to change anything. they changed rules in the NHL and it's now almost unwatchable.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

NBA basketball is the best!!!

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!

yeah. youre right. they should just keep losing 400 million a year... that way it will probably take 5 or 6 years before it doesnt exist anymore.

good call

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegangster View Post

Yes. Hire less qualified refs who arent crooked. The refs are never going to be perfect and bottom line is the fans arent there to see the refs. Restoring integrity to the league is far more important.

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/milwaukee_bucks/ I live in Milwuakee. Tickets in the lower portion of the bowl are like 100 bucks. You're telling me me that's "practically giving away tickets." Don't kid yourself.

about cutting tix prices in half you say "that's so easy to say but what is the point in having a professional sports league that doesn't make any money? if they're already losing money, how would it help to cut tickets by 50%?"

Think of it this way. If 1 person buys a ticket at the current prices, but you slash tickets and sell 3 seats at half price, you're effectively making 50% more on the ticket price alone... then you add in the money that is spent on concessions and parking and dadadada... so even if you sell 2 tickets instead of 1 youre doing more than breaking even because you make more in concessions and other sales at the stadium.... not to mention the electric atmosphere that a filled stadium brings. It will make people want to come back..........instead of having a shitload of empty seats which isnt doing you ANY good.

As far as "theyve already done this" for improving the speed of the game. It's not enough. College bball is still far more entertaining. they need to do more. they are LOSING money. no one is watching. how can you justify that theyve done enough?

and as far as moving the 3 point line in, that was just a means of making games more entertaining, im sure theres other ways to do it... they need to do something to splash things up.
    At least you are now understanding why most of your ideas have been proven to not work or just don't make sense. A lot of people would be stubborn about it.

As far as Milwaukee ticket prices. I'm no expert on that, but i do know for a fact that on weeknights there are almost a dozen teams who "practically give their tickets away". Just because Milwaukee is an exception to the rule doesn't mean they are the rule.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Explains all the fixing....

Good news the league just won a 400 million dollar bet on the over in the All-Star game

First 1234 Last