Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

A little contraction would do the league well. Do you know anybody willing to pay full price for a ticket? Corporations are cutting back on this perk. But new age companies will emerge and will start gobbling up status symbol luxury boxes. Players will reject salary cuts. There will be a lockout. Couple franchises will go under. Just a normal business cycle. Nothing special about sports franchises. Like all businesses some make it some don't

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

I haven't gone to an NBA game in 3 years and have no plans to go soon. The NBA is dead. You don't even see kids wearing the team clothes/player jerseys as you did 10 years ago.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Up and down, like life. This is market economy, every team has got to fend for themselves and try to turn a profit once again. If that means they can't sign players then that's what they have got to do.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Never have and never will go to an NBA game. I'd rather go to a mariners baseball game then attend one of these (I have actually with the fam, it was a good time).

have attended dozens of CBB games and love the atmosphere. NFL is king in this country and a bunch of spoiled thugs that don't want to play D and 1/2 the season is irrelevant will never catch on. Plus they let half the league into the playoffs and now that they bring guns to the games, who knows if one of them snaps (there is quite a few crazies) I could get shot.

Now that being said I love betting it, and have done very well over the last few years. I just can't stand watching it.

Grind House
    Grind House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3857

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    TreeRollins, you're responding like that and you believe you schooled Eric?

Go back to the ghetto where you belong!!!

I despise the NBA and was hoping the league would fold after the Donaghy scandal.

I would estimate that at least 90% of NBA players would be in jail if it wasn't for basketball (seems like that many are going to wind up in jail anyways).

When you have so many low quality individuals making up a sport, the product will sooner or later deterioriate and that is what's happening with the NBA.

Baseball and Football will always be light years more popular than the NBA because the NBA is made up of TRASH (with a few exceptions sprinkled in).
    Bet you stay in a trailer.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

A lockout is absolutely inevitable bc the current agreement is absolutely horrible for the league and the players association will not use enough common sense to understand that they're not going to accept 400 million losses each year just so the players can get 5 mil a year to dunk a basketball instead of 2.5, the truth is they could pay these guys half or probably much less of what they're makin and have no problem getting them back on the court within a year bc most of them are livin paycheck to paycheck even the ones makin 10 mil a year, between the 40% uncle sam gets and the money they just flat out blow, the luxury cars and multiple mansions and the child support payments from the 10 kids from hos they fuked on the road etc most of these idiots have absolutely no cash whatsoever and will be flat broke in a couple years after the NBA checks dry up

See these guys figure fuk it I make 10 mil a year what the hell do I need to save money for
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-15-10 at 03:34 PM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Y'all are making it seem like the NBA is actually LOSING money. They're just not making the extra 400 million dollars, as usual. It's not an actual loss, it's just not the prospected gain.

Complete bullshit stats, noone knows what they're talking about..

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

people have been brain washed to actually care about the nba or any other sport. i could give two shits about any of them and if i didn't utilize them to wager on and make money i wouldn't even know what any of them were. it is way out of control the way these clowns are paid, and it isn't just professional athletes. as of now you could give me free tickets to a game.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    people have been brain washed to actually care about the nba or any other sport. i could give two shits about any of them and if i didn't utilize them to wager on and make money i wouldn't even know what any of them were. it is way out of control the way these clowns are paid, and it isn't just professional athletes. as of now you could give me free tickets to a game.
    Ya lost me.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill take that money

loyd
    loyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

not enough advertisers in my opinion. they will need to attract big players in the corp field like the NHL did.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everything is on sale at the Nba store take advantage

don logan
    don logan's Avatar Become A Pro!

time to reinstate Tim Donaghy

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by don logan View Post
    time to reinstate Tim Donaghy
    Never will happen Stern will be around for a while

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by Enogsiwon View Post
    A league that let Jason Richardson, a player that cannot dribble or play defense, sign for the maximum deserves to crumble..
    Man, this guy nailed it...

I kind of like the new search function...

Richardson is Sooo Bad...

First 1234