arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Huge issue is government interference over in Asia. That is what brought the trade volume and prices down so much with China and S Korea bringing about regulations which forced most people in those countries to cash out their coin from exchanges. In turn, less people in North America/Europe are interested in investing/trading because with the market shot in that side of the globe there is less opportunity for the average Joe to make money.
    Bitcoin is not regulated, and people can still transact with it anonymously so why can't the Chinese people bypass/skip on whatever regulation they're having at home?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dead as a door knob
    Points Awarded:

flyingillini gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dead as a door knob
    BkofAma market cap - 291.5 billion
    Walmart market cap - 254.9 billion
    Crypto market cap - 244.9 billion
    Mcdonalds market cap - 125 billion
    GE market cap - 121.8 billion

Yup, dead as a door knob.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

Quote Originally Posted by arie1985 View Post
    Bitcoin is not regulated, and people can still transact with it anonymously so why can't the Chinese people bypass/skip on whatever regulation they're having at home?
    its not anonymous once you use an exchange to cash out for fiat. and if you dont use an exchange then its much harder to trade bitcoin so fewer ppl will do this and that drives down demand and the price. also bitcoin prices are basically determined by exchanges.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Oh man save fiat for now at least if you dont wanna sell. Prices will be lower for f*** sake find 10 stock bubble charts and compare or better 100. And you know what there were also bagholders saying stuff you saying now. For long term buying check prices in another 6 months! If you wanna scalp now probably is not best time(unless you go for trade with 1% stop loss to get 2-4% etc.). Just keep at least 10% in fiat youll love it when youll buy with those 10% over half of what youll buy now lol.

Edited: Ok compare with NASDAQ bubble and where i see we probably are:

I am not saying BTC wil go to three digits(is possible but not very likely jet) but that 6k$ is bottom lol well that is just no way. Biggest indicator is VOLUME(or better to say lack of it). Until volume starts climbing again no way we can say that was bottom!
    So, you think we're still in the bubble, eh?

No one knows for sure. There's a lot of TA guys (chart guys) sucking on their thumbs right now.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

dead

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    So, you think we're still in the bubble, eh?

No one knows for sure. There's a lot of TA guys (chart guys) sucking on their thumbs right now.
    Well ofc. smart people need to make money from dumb people. I am not saying i am smart cause i was dumb several times(lost money after i was in huge green already in my country stock bubble for example). If you save 20% fiat and you are right this is bottom youll still have 80% invested but if i am right with those 20% youll double your holdings of coins.

As it looks like now small retrace and within month BTC swill go below 5k$ where still most likely wont be bottom.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Well ofc. smart people need to make money from dumb people. I am not saying i am smart cause i was dumb several times(lost money after i was in huge green already in my country stock bubble for example). If you save 20% fiat and you are right this is bottom youll still have 80% invested but if i am right with those 20% youll double your holdings of coins.

As it looks like now small retrace and within month BTC swill go below 5k$ where still most likely wont be bottom.
    That's your opinion. That could happen. Or it might not happen.

I learned a long time ago not freely give financial (or betting) advice. Really don't like the taste of crow when I'm wrong. I'm open to "strategy discussions". It's nice to have options.

slikec

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I just put in a transfer with my 401k to get more cash to buy some of these low prices. Buying the dip one more time..... I'm about tapped out on my comfort level of what I can stand to lose...
    Well at the end of day almost everyone is making their own decision what to do with time, money, life,...

I just saw you said youll max out on your cripto investment and i suggested you dont do that and keep at least a little in fiat. I even gave you graph of dot com bubble, told you volume is now where reversals do happen,...

Ill say this. If you keep lets say 10% still in fiat what would hurt you more: cripto is really in bottom and you invest rest at lets say +20% prices or cripto is nowhere near bottom and you can buy with rest 50% discount?

Either way is your decision and before you go all in like i said check at least 10 bubble graphs---- takes you 10min. max if you really study them lol.

jjgold

Crypto not even close to the bottom

It was way over bought

I say 1000 could be a bottom

Ether maybe 70

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Well at the end of day almost everyone is making their own decision what to do with time, money, life,...

I just saw you said youll max out on your cripto investment and i suggested you dont do that and keep at least a little in fiat. I even gave you graph of dot com bubble, told you volume is now where reversals do happen,...

Ill say this. If you keep lets say 10% still in fiat what would hurt you more: cripto is really in bottom and you invest rest at lets say +20% prices or cripto is nowhere near bottom and you can buy with rest 50% discount?

Either way is your decision and before you go all in like i said check at least 10 bubble graphs---- takes you 10min. max if you really study them lol.
    Well, I'm nowhere near bottom of the fiat I have but just about near the bottom of what I want to stake into crypto. Nearly 10% of my net worth is in EOS, my largest crypto holding. I have dollar averaged in since the December spike and EOS has been holding it's own - just a little bit in the red with that one currently (as opposed to 60% in the red with others). EOS has been good to its investors; I've received 11 airdrops and many more are to come. EOS will be the "king of the airdrops" and the airdrop model is better/safer than the recently scrutinized ICO model, IMO.

Not really interested in studying bubble graphs. I've watched many a Youtube TA of Bitcoin compared to Apple, Amazon, the entire dot.com bubble, etc. I'd say a lot of these TA guys that come from the stock market struggle with crypto and it's volatility, the whale spikes, etc.

I think I should go over to the Betpoints forum and start a community bet taking on all comers - Bitcoin goes below $5000 by Sept 1 - me taking the side of "no", 100 bet points max.....

slikec

Not fan of EOS but they did best ICO ever lol. They have so much money compared to other ICOs so that is big plus for them(before they spend all should take a decade at least). I like NEO, VEN and will be looking at XTZ. But is far to soon to invest long term.

Btw the other way of looking at sth. that didnt fall as much as other assets in bear market is that if market keeps on going down have much more room to go down. Have nice weekend.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

It was way over bought

Ether maybe 70
    woah

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Where are all the litecoiners that bought it at its high

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

It was way over bought

Ether maybe 70
    Do you get paid to say stupid shit?

slikec

I am shorting. Not all in shorting jet but decent x6 leverage with 40% in fiat still standing by when things look better(or i should probably say worse lol). Today especially ETH longs increased by 10,5% to 200k while ETH shorts went down by 18,5% to 146,2k--- yes yesterday more ppl were shorting ETH than longing lol while all other mayor pairs i follow longs were at least 40% higher(BTC). LTC longs now at 200k shorts only at 87k and NEO longs 400k shorts 55k!!!!

This to me looks like time to squeeze those longs lol.

You also have to know most longs are way in red at the moment anyway and most shorts near 0 profit lol and so many more longs open. Is like they want to get liquidated!

What i am pretty certain is we shouldnt have boring week lol!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    BkofAma market cap - 291.5 billion
    Walmart market cap - 254.9 billion
    Crypto market cap - 244.9 billion
    Mcdonalds market cap - 125 billion
    GE market cap - 121.8 billion

Yup, dead as a door knob.
    If we based the value on this, then the cryptos are completely over valued and over capitalized.

Bitcoin runs some 190,000 transaction per day.

V runs some 150 million per day and can accommodate 24,000 per second, if need be.

These cryptos were never anonymous, ever, and they are not the decentralized payment option they promise to be.

Exchanges effectively centralized the currency and took away all perceived anonymity.

The blockchain technology is not going away, but it is going to be used in far more applications than payment processing, and the current payment processing cryptos have a long way to go to be relevant.

Just pick up the crypto ETF when it opens and take advantage of the money inflows that will, possibly temporarily, occur.

With that ETF, the overall cryptos should rise as well.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

lets hear some angles men

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It was way over bought
    Ether maybe 70
    There's no way that bitcoin would hit $1k. Mining costs are significantly more than that. Bitcoin's true value is a bit above mining costs (same as gold).

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Finally some green bubbles.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    There's no way that bitcoin would hit $1k. Mining costs are significantly more than that. Bitcoin's true value is a bit above mining costs (same as gold).

what are the mining costs now? do they change depending on country where Miner is?

Ebumdude
    HTX

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    what are the mining costs now? do they change depending on country where Miner is?
    Archie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...3-444727DDA449

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

thanks man

Ebumdude
    HTX

No problemo.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    lets hear some angles men
    A Bitcoin ETF would cause the price to explode. Fingers crossed.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    They're working on it and the regulations of the ETF aren't the problem, it's the regulation and lack of insurance with bitcoin around the world.

I think the SEC needs more assurances.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    nice!

jjgold

The price will never explode again I could only get lower and lower

It’s already traded on legal future exchanges and there’s terrible volume it’s a dead product

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

here we go!!!!!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Nice little rally here, let’s hope it keeps up

slikec

Good job bulls i guess they wanna keep bagholders alive.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I am shorting. Not all in shorting jet but decent x6 leverage
    big mistake

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

My goodness!

senseionline
    senseionline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1970

The price will never explode again I could only get lower and lower

It’s already traded on legal future exchanges and there’s terrible volume it’s a dead product
    eat shit baldy

Ebumdude
    HTX

JJ, keep mushing cryptos for us buddy. Thanks!

First ... 203204205206207208209 ... Last