Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Smashville will be crazy. PK Subban guarantees they will win.
    full disclosure ... I don't care who wins the cup.

Let's face it though, with the exception of the first period in game one and the 3rd in game two, Nashville has been the better team. And by a good margin.
    First ever Cup finals game in Nashville and the fans will even be louder than ever.
    I am cashing all three tickets below

Nashville -1.5 +235
    Nashville -2+405
    Nashville -131

looking real good for you Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    threw some fukk around sbr coins on Preds -1.5 @ +210
    no real $$$$$$$$$$ on it

now I wish I woulda put more than just some sbr coin on this play

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Nashville says HELLO.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This is exciting

Watching now
    It is exciting

I'm watching too

As a matter of fact big guy you won't believe this but -

i'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is watching as well!!!!!!!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

I never watch hockey but this is fun

This crowd is LIVE

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    looking real good for you Dwight

now I wish I woulda put more than just some sbr coin on this play
    I wish I put more on it now but I am gonna them all it seems and I also added

PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
    06/03/2017 @ 08:30 PM NHL Stanley Cup - Game 3
    [5] TOTAL o5.5 +120 (Pittsburgh Penguins vrs Nashville Predators)
    06/03/2017 @ 08:30 PM NHL Stanley Cup - Game 3
    [6] Nashville Predators -140

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Nashville says HELLO.
    the sure do. After being down 1-0 after 1

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Shrutes is destroying those alternative lines

lakerboy

Kessel should be suspended for that hit.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I guess Pens win Game 4 now after this ass whooping.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Kessel should be suspended for that hit.
    it looked worse live i Think

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I don't think so. Book's seemed to like the predators before the series started.

lakerboy

This just isn't a good matchup for the penguins

DwightShrute

The better team all 3 games so far was Nashville.

Game 4 is massive. could be a best of 3 after Mondays game. I am betting it will be

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Why do they throw catfish on the ice?

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Preds are winning out here finishing this in 6 at home for their fans

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Damn Dwight! Nice hits man!

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Crazy Kyle also played Kurt Angle's "You Suck! intro, along with the music guy playing AJ Styles' WWE theme. At the start of the 3rd period they will play Bobby Roode's "Glorious!" theme.
    That's some funny sh#$ right there. When I heard it on TV... I started to laugh.

Glad you had a good time KLC

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Damn Dwight! Nice hits man!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Why do they throw catfish on the ice?
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Detroit Red Wings fans have their octopi. The Panthers’ faithful in Florida had the “rat trick.”

Nashville? The Predators have catfish, the Southern staple that has become a beloved badge of honor fans delight in throwing onto the ice for good luck.

Who started Music City’s slippery tradition? This fish tale stretches from the home of one of the Original Six NHL franchises to what once was one of Nashville’s seediest neighborhoods a generation ago, following the long and twisting path of a man who has been a country music drummer, disc jockey, chef and restaurant owner. And, as he tells it, Nashville’s original catfish chucker.

That man is Bob Wolf, and he feels his need for secrecy finally is at an end.

“It’s been 20 years almost, and it’s time,” Wolf said.

Indeed it is. The Predators are about to host their first Stanley Cup Final game, on Saturday night. Pittsburgh leads the best-of-seven series 2-0, but that’s another story.

Nashville’s catfish tradition is well known around here, but it became national news earlier this week thanks to Jacob Waddell, 36 .

After an extraordinary effort to conceal a flattened catfish on his person, Waddell threw it onto the ice – in Pittsburgh – on Monday night. The Predators then scored three goals before Pittsburgh pulled out a 5-3 win in the opener. Waddell was charged with disorderly conduct, possessing instruments of crime and disrupting meetings or processions before they were withdrawn.

Wolf, of course, watched all this from afar with some measure of satisfaction.

He says the idea to toss a catfish grew out a discussion at Wolfy’s during the Predators’ inaugural season, back in 1998-99. Wolf is a Rangers’ fan born in Brooklyn who had played drums for Johnny Paycheck and others before going into the restaurant business in Nashville. He helped open the restaurant bearing his name across from renowned honky-tonk Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge. He also lobbied Nashville to build an arena on the other corner to spur redevelopment of what then was a neighborhood down on its luck.

Back then, he served burgers to construction workers and the Predators’ new owner, Craig Leipold. Once Nashville landed an NHL expansion franchise, Wolfy’s became a go-to stop for fans and players. There were also a fair number of Red Wings fans in the area, thanks to General Motors’ nearby Saturn plant and the automaker’s close ties to Detroit.

The Red Wings immediately became Nashville’s biggest foe.

A couple days before Detroit’s visit in January 1999, Wolf said, he sat with friends looking for a uniquely Tennessee answer to the Red Wings’ storied octopus tradition. Jack Daniel’s whiskey was too precious. Guitar picks way too small. Wolf’s inspiration came when he walked outside and looked down Broadway to the Cumberland River.

Catfish!

Wolf bought a nine-pound catfish and wrapped it in newspaper and plastic wrap. On Jan. 26, 1999, Wolf tucked the catfish underneath his Predators’ jersey, walked in and waited for Nashville’s first goal. The stench started wafting around him until the Preds’ lone goal in what ended up a 4-1 loss.

Wolf said he tossed the catfish, then ran up the aisle. Friends around the arena provided cover and a distraction by running as well.

“The first time I saw the catfish flop on the ice, we were playing Detroit so I thought it was an octopus,” Leipold, now owner of the Minnesota Wild, wrote in an email to The Associated Press. “I was pleasantly surprised when I realized it was a catfish. I figured that it had to be one of our fans mocking the Red Wings. I was not disappointed.”

Wolf said Leipold, still a close friend, did not know about the catfish. With a small bar inside the arena, Wolf said he knew where to hide from security, too.

“It wasn’t meant to be anything but fun and answer Detroit’s call to their octopus,” said Wolf, now semi-retired and living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. “`Hey, we’re the new Southern team on the ice, and we’re going to throw a catfish on the ice.’ That was kind of the attitude that day.”

Nashville was hooked. The catfish caught on. The tradition became so popular that officials started handing out delay of game penalties against the Predators, which put things on ice for a while.

With the Predators’ in the playoffs for the 10th time in 13 years, there has been a catfish comeback. Dead fish have never been so popular.

Five hit the ice one night early in the playoffs. The offensive linemen of the NFL’s Tennessee Titans held up catfish while revving up fans before another game. Country star Keith Urban even held up a catfish, and the linemen had more catfish for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals. When Colton Sissons finished a hat trick, left tackle Taylor Lewan celebrated by throwing a catfish instead of a hat.

Little Fish Market in Nashville was offering a free catfish to fans with a ticket to Game 3 or Game 4 – that’s $1.95 a pound, including head, skin and guts.

The Predators don’t discuss security procedures, and it’s not clear how many catfish will be in attendance – in secret or otherwise – at Games 3 and 4. No etiquette exists for the best time to throw a catfish, though fans have largely avoided throwing them on the ice during play this season. It essentially gives the other team a free timeout, after all, and there’s that threat of putting the other team on a power play.

Tossing catfish during pregame festivities appears to work best for fans, with one caveat: Don’t hit the anthem singer.

Pete Weber, the Predators’ radio play-by-play man, loves explaining to outsiders why Nashville fans toss a catfish.

“I really tend to get tickled when I see a catfish go over the glass,” Weber said. “I absolutely love that.”

Wolf marvels at the Predators’ success and the tradition that started with a single fish.

“The idea was to keep it a secret, and obviously we did a good job until the Pittsburgh fish,” Wolf said. “And this story has to get out. It’s a fun story, and it sets the record straight.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/02/...ing-tradition/

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you KLC!

ive heard of hats for a hat trick and a octopus (I think), but never catfish. Lol.

I really enjoyed watching my 1st hockey game.

Im a few hrs from Nashville, but hockey is spreading around here like wildfire

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you KLC!

ive heard of hats for a hat trick and a octopus (I think), but never catfish. Lol.

I really enjoyed watching my 1st hockey game.

Im a few hrs from Nashville, but hockey is spreading around here like wildfire
    Yep! This is the first time in my 48 years of life that I have watched more NHL playoffs than NBA playoffs. Hockey is definitely here to stay in Nashville, not only because they have a winning team, but hockey has been in the general public for a full generation now since the Predators came to town. Many high schools in the area now have hockey teams. When the Predators first came to town, I thought it was a desperate attempt to just get any type of pro franchise in this city, and who knows, maybe originally it was, but no one can deny that we are now a new type of hockey town now. Just listen to the fan chants all through the game. That came from 2 decades of education and embracing of the game. I'm truly ready to dump my NBA viewing, in favor of NHL. I never thought I would say that, EVER!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

bless you child

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    bless you child

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    never fails

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Another question for new hockey fan:

Why was the crowed chanting:

"Murray, Murray, Murray"

"its all your fault!, it's al your fault!"

didnt underdtand since thats thats pens goalie..sorry if this is a dumb question.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Another question for new hockey fan:

Why was the crowed chanting:

"Murray, Murray, Murray"

"its all your fault!, it's al your fault!"

didnt underdtand since thats thats pens goalie..sorry if this is a dumb question.
    It's the chant the Preds fans do after Preds score a goal at home to taunt the opponent goalie

There's a guy on section 303 called the warden that starts the chant after they score.

Starts with Thank you Murray may we have another
    He Shoots, He Scores, You Suck
    Murrayyyy, Murrayyyy, Murrayyyy, You Suck
    It's all you're fault
    It's all you're fault
    It's all you're fault
    Points Awarded:

5mike5 gave Monitor-Tan 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    It's the chant the Preds fans do after Preds score a goal at home to taunt the opponent goalie

There's a guy on section 303 called the warden that starts the chant after they score.

Starts with Thank you Murray may we have another
    He Shoots, He Scores, You Suck
    Murrayyyy, Murrayyyy, Murrayyyy, You Suck
    It's all you're fault
    It's all you're fault
    It's all you're fault

Thanks for the response monitor

thats great stuff. This crowd is amazing. Maybe they all are wild, but I can't imagine they are like Nashville is

Never watched hockey period til game 3, and now I wouldn't miss a game in these finals.

First 12