BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2059

trump like red light camera

big on revenue at the price of safety

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Don't run red lights and that won't be a problem...?

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Don't run red lights and that won't be a problem...?
    I agree,but they are already counting this weeks revenues before it happens and if was in law enforcement I might be concerned about my job a little

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Need winners then problems go away

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Need winners then problems go away
    politics or sports?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

no more California roll-throughs

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    no more California roll-throughs
    10-4 on the hollywood stop
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave BOA12 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

They just put in the red light cameras first as they are too difficult to argue against. They make good money but they also really do work to reduce intersection wrecks.

But the real revenue comes when they add-on speed cameras to the existing red light cam system. Which are just big revenue raisers without much redeeming them in the way of road safety when placed at intersections.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

got a lot of parks and schools around my house in Chicago

and they put these 30 mph speed limit cameras up around them

they tried them out for like 30 days a few years back, and those fukers were lighting up like strobe lights

the company then shows the info and amount of people WOULD have been ticketed if the city paid their company to install these all over.

stupid Chicago Mayor sees all the dollar signs and does the math and thinks it will help unbury huge amounts of debt

never stops to think.... Hey 99% of the people that drive these roads are going to learn to slow the fuk down pretty quick and those numbers they show in the trial month won't be sustainable

Chicago lost alot on that deal, Now I think some courts are saying that the tickets don't hold up

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    got a lot of parks and schools around my house in Chicago

and they put these 30 mph speed limit cameras up around them

they tried them out for like 30 days a few years back, and those fukers were lighting up like strobe lights

the company then shows the info and amount of people WOULD have been ticketed if the city paid their company to install these all over.

stupid Chicago Mayor sees all the dollar signs and does the math and thinks it will help unbury huge amounts of debt

never stops to think.... Hey 99% of the people that drive these roads are going to learn to slow the fuk down pretty quick and those numbers they show in the trial month won't be sustainable

Chicago lost alot on that deal, Now I think some courts are saying that the tickets don't hold up
    Think they all are set up as speed cameras. Some politician in barrington is trying again to eliminate them as unsafe and I wonder if Daley is still getting checks

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They just put in the red light cameras first as they are too difficult to argue against. They make good money but they also really do work to reduce intersection wrecks.

But the real revenue comes when they add-on speed cameras to the existing red light cam system. Which are just big revenue raisers without much redeeming them in the way of road safety when placed at intersections.
    Mechanical devices malfunction and I would guess their is a 95% compliance. Chicago is laden with speed cameras and red light. It's really just a tax because it is not a moving violation.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Think they all are set up as speed cameras. Some politician in barrington is trying again to eliminate them as unsafe and I wonder if Daley is still getting checks
    there is a difference between the speed cams and red light cams here

we got red light cams almost 10 years ago I'd say. and they are only at some of the intersections, and yes they cause ALOT of accidents.

the speed light cams are set really high up and are in the middle of long stretches/blvds around schools and parks. I don't think they cause as much safety issue.

but since I live by so many, I see alot of interesting interactions. the one I go by 4,6,8 sometimes 10 times a day right by my house is on the old route 66 that they turned into a regular street. and right where the speed light cam is the lanes go from 3 lanes to 2 lanes and its a looooong stretch of road, and the people that don't know or forget about the cam starting getting anxious and weavey in traffic. and then you have the people that go about 20 mph's

I don't see any accidents from it, but Its interesting to see the people that seem to bait someone into getting a ticket or those that go so far as to put their arms out the window to signal for a passer to slow and point to the big camera...

BOA12

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    there is a difference between the speed cams and red light cams here

we got red light cams almost 10 years ago I'd say. and they are only at some of the intersections, and yes they cause ALOT of accidents.

the speed light cams are set really high up and are in the middle of long stretches/blvds around schools and parks. I don't think they cause as much safety issue.

but since I live by so many, I see alot of interesting interactions. the one I go by 4,6,8 sometimes 10 times a day right by my house is on the old route 66 that they turned into a regular street. and right where the speed light cam is the lanes go from 3 lanes to 2 lanes and its a looooong stretch of road, and the people that don't know or forget about the cam starting getting anxious and weavey in traffic. and then you have the people that go about 20 mph's

I don't see any accidents from it, but Its interesting to see the people that seem to bait someone into getting a ticket or those that go so far as to put their arms out the window to signal for a passer to slow and point to the big camera...

I'm just west of you out 290 but lived in the city my first 45 years on the other side of town.