Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Jason Garrett blew it

Made his team go for the touchdown, settled for fg
    left 35 seconds on the clock, when 1st down and clock
    killing should have been the priority, rookie mistake.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

I didnt like spiking it and wasting a down. They could have used their last timeout with about 1 min to go. They spiked it with 48 secs to go and lost a down. I believe in using the timeout when you know you can save time. As it turns out they never used the last timeout because 2nd down went out of bounds to beasley and 3rd down was an incomplete pass
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Kind of blame Marinelli for the loss actually. Garrett made a few mistakes but the defensive game plan was terrible right from the start. He had no idea how to try to defend GB. I can't imagine how hard it would be to scheme against AR, so I get it, but at one point he was rushing 3 or 4 guys giving Rodgers as much time as he wanted back there.
    Last edited by vinndy; 01-16-17 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Can't spell

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

The pack got lucky. you do need luck sometimes to win in sports and the packers had some at the very end. I'm sure we can all give an example of some team getting lucky to win a huge game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The superior QB defeated the rookie, as it should be. Once again, Garrett proved that he is basically nothing more than a "yes man" for Jerry Jones. He did not have his team ready to play when the game started. So typical Dallas.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

rodgers is hot, watch out now against the falcons d. i admit i was wrong about dallas. i thought they would shut the pack down more.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Kind of blame Marinelli for the loss actually. Garrett made a few mistakes but the defensive game plan was terrible right from the start. He had no idea how to try to defend GB. I can't imagine how hard it would be to scheme against AR, so I get it, but at one point he was rushing 3 or 4 guya giving Rodgers as much time as he wanted back there.
    This! Can't blame the Dallas O for putting up 31 and losing at home.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Kind of blame Marinelli for the loss actually. Garrett made a few mistakes but the defensive game plan was terrible right from the start. He had no idea how to try to defend GB. I can't imagine how hard it would be to scheme against AR, so I get it, but at one point he was rushing 3 or 4 guya giving Rodgers as much time as he wanted back there.
    spot on....

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Defense sucked.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Rodgers is getting the luxury of having all day to throw the ball; we saw the same against the NYG, and a similar result.

When are these idiot defensive coordinators going to figure out how to get some pressure on him?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Should have brought the pressure on that last play if you get beat so be it bad move playing prevent giving him 15 seconds to find a open receiver.....

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

He didn't blow anything..the lost to a top 5 qb all time and one who was hot and threw a miracle pass and catch to get field goal...end story
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Git Lo

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Better defenses than Dallas have been eaten up by Rodgers. The best qbs in the league eat up blitzes more often than not, that's why teams don't do it. The key is to try and get pressure with 4, blitzing sporadically.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Greenbay just the more experienced playoff team.. It showed..

The young Cowboys were making little mistakes with clock management, some bone head penalties... Bottom line though Rodgers had the ball last and even with a just a few seconds on the clock he delivered big time down the stretch and won the game.. Rodgers just better then young Dak is what I saw..

Needless to say those 50+ yard field goals were like extra point kicks for both kickers..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

rogers had time because of the spike to stop the clock

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Was a great game. Better team won

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    I didnt like spiking it and wasting a down. They could have used their last timeout with about 1 min to go. They spiked it with 48 secs to go and lost a down. I believe in using the timeout when you know you can save time. As it turns out they never used the last timeout because 2nd down went out of bounds to beasley and 3rd down was an incomplete pass
    That was the difference in my mind. Teams are afraid to take their timeouts sometimes. If you get a 15 yard play, take the time out and save 15 seconds that you would lose waiting for everyone to get back to the line. Instead they wasted a down.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

What about end of 1st half? Fair catch on the punt at 0:00 sets up free kick.

Garrett didn't bother. Bailey could have made it.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The superior QB defeated the rookie, as it should be. Once again, Garrett proved that he is basically nothing more than a "yes man" for Jerry Jones. He did not have his team ready to play when the game started. So typical Dallas.
    Sharp as a razor...not gloating cause I didn't have money on it but my buddy texted me from Vegas and asked my thoughts on the game..all I said was...Playoff Game, Rodgers > any rookie QB on the planet..GB covers

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I also thought the Cowboys should have ran the ball more, they were successful running the ball early and late when they did, Zek was getting like 5 or more yards on just about every first down run.. Instead they passed on 1st down several times and it went incomplete, Packers knew Dallas would run the ball on 2nd down and they stacked the box... 3rd and long next and then Zac couldn't deliver. 4th down and punt..

Running the ball more would have wore down that Greenbay defense and kept the Packer offense off the field.. Would have set the Cowboys up for better play action passing scenarios later in the game also..

Poor coaching and game calling I have to admit..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-16-17 at 06:26 PM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Some guy just can't win the big game

nyplayer33

Dak like all.others.blk.qbs back.to.reality..newton....Reggie griffin 3..Dante culpeppwr..vick..Dak 10.n 6 and romo.back at qb

nyplayer33

U guys kill.me..romo..coach..coordinators all could have a say on leaving time on clock..u make it.like Garrett is a god..pls

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I also thought the Cowboys should have ran the ball more, they were successful running the ball early and late when they did, Zek was getting like 5 or more yards on just about every first down run.. Instead they passed on 1st down several times and it went incomplete, Packers knew Dallas would run the ball on 2nd down and they stacked the box... 3rd and long next and then Zac couldn't deliver. 4th down and punt..

Running the ball more would have wore down that Greenbay defense and kept the Packer offense off the field.. Would have set the Cowboys up for better play action passing scenarios later in the game also..

Poor coaching and game calling I have to admit..
    That's fine in theory, but when you find yourself down 14-3 in the blink of an eye, the sense of urgency to put points on the board is magnified. When you fall behind 21-3, every possession feels like a "must score" drive.

The luxury of running the balling at their convenience and without regard to the scoreboard was almost non-existent in this game. The Packers scored early and often and took Dallas out of their element.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Agreed. Anyone with a braincell knows his decision to spike it cost them the game

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Dak like all.others.blk.qbs back.to.reality..newton....Reggie griffin 3..Dante culpeppwr..vick..Dak 10.n 6 and romo.back at qb
    Anyone who thinks Dak Prescott is the reason they lost is a idiot. Granted, you look like a moron from the wording of the post. Guy went 24/38 with 302 yards, 3 TD's, and a rushing 2 point conversion. I don't even like the Cowboys but getting that line from a 23 year old rookie is more than you can ask for.

Shit post, nyplayer33

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rodgers is just that fukkin good........
    Can't stop him when he is determined.........
    impossible......
    He was soooo comfortable, he didn't even bother to strap his chin strap during most the game....
    Dallas D was nonexistent...........

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's fine in theory, but when you find yourself down 14-3 in the blink of an eye, the sense of urgency to put points on the board is magnified. When you fall behind 21-3, every possession feels like a "must score" drive.

The luxury of running the balling at their convenience and without regard to the scoreboard was almost non-existent in this game. The Packers scored early and often and took Dallas out of their element.
    Disagree yes they had a urgency to score every drive but when your running back is averaging 5.7 a carry and they can't stop him and your on green bay 30 you don't throw the football 3 times I'm sorry.....or a second and 2 you throw twice that's just ignorant or how about that interception when they needed a yard? That was bone head

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

1. After a fair catch, the receiving team has the option to put the ball in play by a snap or a fair catch kick (field goal attempt), with fair catch kick lines established ten yards apart. All general rules apply as for a field goal attempt from scrimmage. The clock starts when the ball is kicked. (No tee permitted.)

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    1. After a fair catch, the receiving team has the option to put the ball in play by a snap or a fair catch kick (field goal attempt), with fair catch kick lines established ten yards apart. All general rules apply as for a field goal attempt from scrimmage. The clock starts when the ball is kicked. (No tee permitted.)
    I am sure all coaches know the rule, but what is point of going for around a 70-yard field goal when it is allowed to be returned? I am sure Garrett knew that you are not allowed to use a tee, which changes everything.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am sure all coaches know the rule, but what is point of going for around a 70-yard field goal when it is allowed to be returned? I am sure Garrett knew that you are not allowed to use a tee, which changes everything.
    In fact, the rule was probably the very reason why Garrett instructed the returner to call the fair catch, as it looked returnable with no defenders really THAT close to him. Garrett was just hoping for a shorter kick.

12 Last