Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Silver Says Players Boycotting President Trump Would Be A Mistake

NBA commissioner Adam Silver told The Undefeated that he believes a boycott of Trump’s White House would be a mistake, but not because he wants the players to stick to sports. Instead, he wants them to get up close and personal with The Donald, because very few people ever get a chance to look the leader of the free world right in his squinty eyes and tell him how they feel about certain issues.

“To me, if a player were to choose not to go to the White House, whether they were choosing not to go to the current White House or a future White House, my response would be: ‘That’s a lost opportunity,’ ” Silver said. “Because that’s an opportunity that most citizens who have a political point of view would kill for — the opportunity to directly tell the president of the United States how they feel about an issue.

“Now, if the president were to say, ‘I have no interest in what members of the NBA think about an issue,’ that might surprise me and I might have a different response.”

Either way, Silver said, “The institution is bigger than any one man, whether that man be President Obama or President Trump. Ultimately players have to make their own decisions. But if they were seeking my counsel, my counsel would be that they should go to the White House if offered the opportunity.” (Via The Undefeated)

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/nba-trump-...t-adam-silver/

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I think Silver sees that this would be a potential public relations nightmare if several players from an NBA champion did not go see the president. You have a sport here where the majority of ticket buyers are white, going to see a majority of minorities play. The NBA is on the upswing right now, and he wants to keep it that way.