jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Committee Dying To Put Michigan In Playoff

Fuk them and the politics

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Both Michigan and Ohio St should be on the outside looking in. If you can't win your own conference, you have no business playing for a title.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Both Michigan and Ohio St should be on the outside looking in. If you can't win your own conference, you have no business playing for a title.
    I agree, 5 conferences 4 teams conference title SHOULD be mandatory

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Gonna look bad anyways if Penn St wins and Ohio St is in ahead of them

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I think ohio st beating okla at okla is the matching. So if okla wins the12 there is no way they should be over o.s.u. Also psu tied ohio st andmich and advanced because they haven't been in a long time. Also mich beat them by 40. Osu has 1 loss white p.s.u lost to pitt.

jjgold

Looks like controversy regardless
    Most years it works out

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I think ohio st beating okla at okla is the matching. So if okla wins the12 there is no way they should be over o.s.u. Also psu tied ohio st andmich and advanced because they haven't been in a long time. Also mich beat them by 40. Osu has 1 loss white p.s.u lost to pitt.
    The way the committee has the rankings they are basically making the Big 10 championship game mean nothing. They might as well not even play that game. I don't care if there was a tie or not, the fact remains that OSU and Michigan didn't do enough to win their own league and shouldn't be in the playoff. Big 10 sure as hell doesn't deserve 2 teams in and if that happened the committee looks like they are willing to put in two teams not even playing in their conference championship game. Which makes the committee look like a bunch of clowns since that has been the biggest thing for them since the playoff was implemented. I don't care who OSU beat 10 weeks ago, if Penn St wins the Big 10 then Penn St should take OSU spot, as they will have a win over them and be the Big 10 champs. If that doesn't happen then we know that the committee are frauds because obviously head to head and conference title would be trumped by the brand name of the Buckeyes.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

will sort itself out relax

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

They want a mich/Ohiostate rematch

Richkas

I totally disagree......if everybody played everybody in the conference then maybe but they dont

Richkas

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    I totally disagree......if everybody played everybody in the conference then maybe but they dont

Twice home and away

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

One loss trumps a team with two losses.

I don't think that is a tough thing to debate.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Conference titles shouldn't mean much because they're only decided by conference games, not all games. Michigan beat both Wisky and Penn. St. If Clemson or Washington lose, they're in.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

On one hand you'd think these controversies would cause them to adopt an 8 team playoff... but then again, the more controversy the more we all pay attention.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    On one hand you'd think these controversies would cause them to adopt an 8 team playoff... but then again, the more controversy the more we all pay attention.
    We'd be doing the same thing with the two loss teams.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

What if Clemson and Washington both lose will the big ten get 3 teams?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    What if Clemson and Washington both lose will the big ten get 3 teams?
    I still think that Clemson should be in even with two losses. Their loss to Pitt. was by one point and, while I understand that margin of victory isn't supposed to mean much, its hard to ignore that they are about as close to being undefeated as one can be.

Even if they lose, hard to say they are not the best two loss team.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    will sort itself out relax
    Exactly

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Well here's the truth. Forget conference championships and all that nonsense. If Ohio state is number two and Michigan is number three, and Michigan as number three goes to number two Ohio state's place, then by definition Michigan is supposed to lose right? So number three Michigan loses a very very tight controversial overtime contest at number two Ohio state, which is basically what's supposed to happen. But now Michigan all of a sudden isn't three anymore, they're 5. Well Ohio state's still 2 so we still think they're really good, but all of a sudden Michigan is no good? They get jumped by two teams because they lived up to being a solid number 3. Kind of a weird system

texhooper

Just a note sagarin still has Alabama Ohio state Michigan Clemson in that order, which mirrors last week's committee rankings.

By the way, Clemson beat South Carolina at home and they move up in the playoff rankings. So what the committee "rewards" and doesn't is kinda weird

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    One loss trumps a team with two losses.

I don't think that is a tough thing to debate.
    Given that logic then a 0 loss team trumps a 1 loss team and Western Michigan should be right behind Bama. In reality, championships should matter....otherwise I don't see the point in having these games. Something is wrong with the system if you can advance because you weren't good enough to play or win your own conference championship. Just sit home and hope the better team loses so you can back your way in.

Given that, I am okay with Ohio State getting in based on their record and seeding. But if Penn State wins the conference championship and Washington or Clemson loses and Michigan backs there way in.....fuk that!

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Just a note sagarin still has Alabama Ohio state Michigan Clemson in that order, which mirrors last week's committee rankings.

By the way, Clemson beat South Carolina at home and they move up in the playoff rankings. So what the committee "rewards" and doesn't is kinda weird
    If they all win....it will be #1 Bama, #2 Clemson, #3 Washington, and #4 Ohio State....you have to reward the championship with something...higher seeding at the very least.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

This.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    Uhhh. They have the big ten championship.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

It's too easy to pay attention to just the losses. What about the wins? I hate ohio st but they went 3-1 vs the current top 9. They are in, period

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    If they all win....it will be #1 Bama, #2 Clemson, #3 Washington, and #4 Ohio State....you have to reward the championship with something...higher seeding at the very least.
    By that logic Ohio state isn't in at all because they're not winning a conference championship.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

4 team playoff with 5 power conferences.....who was the genius to come up with that one?

8 team playoff with 5 conferences winners and 3 at large (some kind of rule for the best of the non-power conferences too) seems to be the most logical choice which is why the NCAA probably won't ever do it
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave MoneyLineDawg 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

not one comment about wisky making the final 4. If they win this title game i dont see why they shouldn.t be in. Pac 12 and ACC are weak

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

There's controversy every year in the NCAA March Madness tournament, there'd be controversy regardless of how many teams there are. I still stand by an 8 team playoff, though.

texhooper

I think if it's to expand, I say top 6 with two play in style games. Expansion though by and large isn't in the players best interest so I am not for it. They have a big playoff in FCS but those kids by and large do not have pro aspirations. I don't think it's worth our fascination with getting a "true" champion to put these players pro careers at risk with a bunch of extra games.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Can we all be honest here. This playoff is also set up to maximize ratings and money. Penn state does not draw interest period. They would be 14 point dogs to any team they played in the playoff. Who really wants to watch them play? Alabama/Ohio state/Michigan/Clemson. These are the teams we want to see. Maybe Oklahoma but they don't have a shot to get in. They put these games on one of the hardest days to draw ratings so they need to be teams that people will cancel their plans to watch. Penn state is not one of those teams. Let's just move on the 4 teams will be set with the above
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Michigan beat Wisky, Penn St. and Colorado and barely lost to Ohio State in 2 OT(remember that 4th down that Barrett barely got by an inch). All of those teams are either in their conference championship game or in the playoff(Ohio St.) Michigan still a live dog to make playoff but they need help. The fact they're still ahead of Wisky and Penn St. in the rankings speaks to how strong they are. I'd rather watch pros anyway but if the playoff isn't Bama vs. Michigan and Clemson vs. Ohio St. I won't even watch it. I don't want to see boring ass Penn St. play someone or Washington get destroyed by Bama. Michigan can hang with Bama and Clemson/Ohio St. would also be a good game like the Championship game last season. Those are the 4 best all around teams this year. Probably the 4 best coached CFB teams too.

jjgold

Mich might be in with Colorado win although Wash not losing

Clemson though can lose

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mich might be in with Colorado win although Wash not losing

Clemson though can lose
    Big Ten Champ is jumping Michigan, so no, they aren't in.

It will be
    Bama
    Ohio State
    Clemson
    Washington
    Big 10 Champ
    Oklahoma
    Michigan

12 Last