M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i disagree......... if clemson and washington lose the committee can basically put any three "low loss" teams with alabama and no one can seriously complain. basically don't lose twice.
    By that logic there's no controversy if Clemson and Washington win. No one can seriously complain if they lose twice (Penn St or Wisco left out) or don't win their conference (Ohio State left out), right?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

your forgetting that ohio st went to okla and manhandled them. No way they get in before ohio st
    Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    If OU wins big 12 how does ohio state get in? Two big 10.s. And leave the big 12 champ out. No way. If ou wins only 1 big 10 team makes playoffs. Late losses like ohio state always wreck the season.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Best 4 teams imo are:

Bama
    OSU
    Clemson
    Michigan

Thats who they are supposed to pick...the 4 best. Has nothing to do with conference championships. If Florida beats Bama no one is going to argue they should get in and they only have 1 more loss than Wisconsin or Penn St

chico2663

WHO the hell has clemson beat? They lost to pitt as a 20 pt favorite, i know cause I played the money line like a dumbass.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Automatic entry into the playoff for the Power 5 Conference winners, and then three wildcards to make it eight teams. It shouldn't have to be that hard to figure out.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    System is fukkin dumb and I've said it from the start. I can't ever agree with taking a team over another team in the same conference that actually wins it

5 conference winners and the next 3 best teams

8 team playoff...1st round would be next week at the top 4 seeds home field

All bowls the same after you get down to 4
    Beat me to it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Beat your crappy ass team

Didnt lose to a shit Iowa team. Nice 2-2 road record you have there with signature wins of MSU and Rutgers.
    I don't have a team guy.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    WHO the hell has clemson beat? They lost to pitt as a 20 pt favorite, i know cause I played the money line like a dumbass.
    Clemson beat three top-15 teams: Auburn, UL, and FSU.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Clemson beat three top-15 teams: Auburn, UL, and FSU.
    ul couldn't even beat houston. louisville is 16 and auburn is 18 so nothing to brag about

calvin34242
    Update your status
    calvin34242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

it's really 3 teams fighting for 1 spot, Alabama 1 lock, Ohio state 2 lock clemson 3 lock, washington penn state and wisky are battling for 4th spot and the right to get their asses kicked by alabama, personally i would lean toward winner of penn state and wisky for 4th spot, washington should be penalized for their weak ass non conference schedule, it's a joke Rutgers, Idaho, Portland State, way to go out on a limb guys, penn state's non conference schedule isn't much better wisky had the best non conference win with lsu, maybe it comes down to if wisky wins and uw wins wisky gets in cuz better non conference win and if uw wins and penn state wins i have no idea, they can't say conference championships are only thing that matters because nobody would play hard non conference games anymore it should be the full body of work like the ncaa basketball look at,

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Longtime Buckeye fan! Love the fact that we won a game against Michigan that we didn't deserve. Let me straighten this out for all of you younger dumb fock types. Champions play champions! If Penn St. wins the Big 10 title they have every right to be in the Playoffs. That won't be how it is because YOU dumb focks will listen to anything anybody you are told that is the authority. If the conference champions play conference champions there my friend is the focken NATIONAL CHAMPION. I think we all agree with that??? OK I'm sure on here some lil pucie fock will have some lil pucie reason why it is NOT. So to finish the point, If Penn St. wins the best conference in college football they don't deserve to go? They beat the best team in the conference. If I hear what most of you are saying, OSU is the best team in the Big Ten. Penn beat them....Penn St. BEAT OSU...Penn St. is the best team in the Big Ten if they beat the Badgers. When I coached and played the conference or league you played ins Champion was determined by who won the fockn game. This is so fockn stupid nobody mentioned the POOR fockn Badgers. What about the Badgers. Have the Champions play the champions. Whoever wins conference championships are the best teams. Let them play so the MEDIA is not in control of something you sheep like focks!!

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't have a team guy.
    Stop it. Youre from Michigan. Try to lie about it

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

ZERO chance Penn State jumps Ohio State, Ohio State will be #2 seed behind Alabama. My argument is Penn State should get in Playoff also ahead of Washington. It would set terrible example to let Ohio State in and not their own conference champion, but a majority of experts think that is exactly what will happen with Washington getting 4th spot.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    It will be between PSU, OSU and UW.

I dont think OU has a shot anymore, which is probably a good thing. They'd just take a spot from a better team.

If UW beats CU, its 50/50 between UW and OSU for the 4th spot. UW will have 4 top 25 wins, as does OSU. UW is a conf champ but OSU has better wins and a tougher out of conf schedule. Basically, what matters more, tougher schedule and better wins vs. being a conf champion. They could put in UW and PsU and be consistent and save themselves which is why I think PSU has a slight esge over OSU

Playoff committee hooing Clemson loses so they can put in Alabama, UW, PSU and OSU and everyone will be happy.
    No, Ohio State is the team that is already in and they should be a 2-seed to boot. They simply have the best resume in the country in terms of quality wins, even better than Alabama. But I do feel the committee should make the Big Ten Champion the 4-seed ahead of Washington. As I have said many times, it would set terrible precedent to let Oho State in and leave out the champions of their own conference.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

No way no how will Penn State be invited into the playoffs. No way no how.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    No way no how will Penn State be invited into the playoffs. No way no how.
    I am not saying they are one of 4 best teams in country (they are not, not even close), but committee should let Big Ten Champ in to justify letting Ohio State in as non-division winners IMO.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17060

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am not saying they are one of 4 best teams in country (they are not, not even close), but committee should let Big Ten Champ in to justify letting Ohio State in as non-division winners IMO.
    i dont get your logic. championships either matter and penn st is in over ohio st or they dont matter and penn st isnt in at all. you cant say they dont matter for ohio st but they matter for penn st.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

The Washington Huskies would beat Penn State by 3 TDs. Why should anyone give a crap about the Big 10 conference champion, particularly if they already have a team being represented.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Washington is 4. They win conference by beating Coloardo at 8. They aren't getting jumped by 6/7 who beats 7/6 for B1G.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If Clemson and Washington win, they are in. Face it. Washington lost to USC, who right now would kick any Big 10 teams tail and rather easily. The only team that USC would lose to today is Alabama. So much for that B.S. Now if Clemson or Washington lose, then the door may open up for Oklahoma because I believe that Wisconsin will defeat Penn State and Wisky has lost to BOTH Ohio State and Michigan. s far as an 8 team playoff, read my lips. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Not in the next 8 years. Period. End of statement. The College Presidents and ESPN do not want it and those people pull a lot more weight than you airheads in here.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

The Washington Huskies would beat Penn State by 3 TDs. Why should anyone give a crap about the Big 10 conference champion, particularly if they already have a team being represented.
    Big 10 is the best conference this year. Big 10 champion could easily slip into the 4th spot. Committee said Washington was only slightly ahead of Michigan. Gotta believe. Strong performance by the big 10 champion coupled with a tightly contested pac-12 game would have whisky/psu leapfrog Washington.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think we can all agree no matter the outcome of who gets in... there are going to be feelings hurt this year and the pressure to expand will continue. I think 4 is enough personally and does not need to change otherwise we will continually have this debate every year until its march madness.

Personally I would like to see Bama, OSU, Wash if win, Clemson if win. If one loses then absolutely BIG 10 Champ.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If Clemson and Washington win, they are in. Face it. Washington lost to USC, who right now would kick any Big 10 teams tail and rather easily. The only team that USC would lose to today is Alabama. So much for that B.S. Now if Clemson or Washington lose, then the door may open up for Oklahoma because I believe that Wisconsin will defeat Penn State and Wisky has lost to BOTH Ohio State and Michigan. s far as an 8 team playoff, read my lips. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Not in the next 8 years. Period. End of statement. The College Presidents and ESPN do not want it and those people pull a lot more weight than you airheads in here.
    Big D that's some shyt USC whipping Big Ten.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    i dont get your logic. championships either matter and penn st is in over ohio st or they dont matter and penn st isnt in at all. you cant say they dont matter for ohio st but they matter for penn st.
    I am saying it would be bad precedent for Ohio State to be in and for Big Ten champ to not be, and Ohio State is already assuredly in. Ergo....

But it now looks like Washington will get the 4th seed based on tonight's rankings, which basically means actually winning conference championship does not matter any more.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10348

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Penn State has to blow Wisconsin out IMO.

The shameful trait that Penn State Pedophiles are infamously known.
    The coaching techniques of Jerry Sandusky linger long and hard at Pedo State.

Penn State Pedophile: Coach Paterno's Cover-Up!

LT Profits

But that is exactly my point, the team that is already in did not even win its division. So what's the point of having Championship Games?

LT Profits

Washington would be -7 over Penn State, but that is not my point. I actually AGREE that the top 4 teams tonight are the deserving top 4 teams, but it cheapens conference championships when a non-champion makes Playoff and the champion of that SAME conference does not.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea but if your going to say that then if by some chance the Gators beat Bama then what happens? Shouldn't they be in as well? Just because a team figures it out late in the season or has a specific teams number and/or gets hot and wins the conference champ doesn't mean they should auto get in. That is unique to college BBall but with a season with only 12 games they should all matter as a complete body of work imho.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gonad

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

But that is exactly my point, the team that is already in did not even win its division. So what's the point of having Championship Games?
    Already in only as of today and the current rankings. With other teams getting an additional win, over a ranked opponent, and a conference championship enough to possibly bump OSU out? or to #4? It could depend on how badly the winners win.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Penn State alumni here (as you can probably tell by my name). Even if we beat Wisconsin to win the Big 10, they will leave us out of the playoffs UNLESS Clemson or Washington loses. If either of those teams lose, we'll have a very slight chance to possibly make top 4 then. A 4 team playoff is just so stupid, they should have made it a 8 team playoff from the get go. If your team is not ranked in the top 8 then there's really no valid argument for you to make the playoffs.

Beating Wisconsin this week is going to be hard, they are a good team and our offense is going to struggle against their defense. So all of these what if scenarios will probably be for nothing if we lose to Wisconsin....it'll be real interesting to see what the committee does though if we manage to beat Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 11-30-16 at 02:58 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If the committee lets two teams in from the same conference that didn't even win their division, they are a failure. Don't go blowing conference champions one year then ignore it the next.

If Washington or Clemson lose, the big 10 winner should get in. If they win the final 4 won't change and if it does why do we even both with these rankings before the final week?

5918mike

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    why do we even both with these rankings before the final week?
    For discussion, serves no other real purpose. If Clemson and UW win and Penn St can beat Wisconsin convincingly, at least 14 or more, than I would bump OSU out.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17060

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    Penn State alumni here (as you can probably tell by my name). Even if we beat Wisconsin to win the Big 10, they will leave us out of the playoffs UNLESS Clemson or Washington loses. If either of those teams lose, we'll have a very slight chance to possibly make top 4 then. A 4 team playoff is just so stupid, they should have made it a 8 team playoff from the get go. If your team is not ranked in the top 8 then there's really no valid argument for you to make the playoffs.

Beating Wisconsin this week is going to be hard, they are a good team and our offense is going to struggle against their defense. So all of these what if scenarios will probably be for nothing if we lose to Wisconsin....it'll be real interesting to see what the committee does though if we manage to beat Wisconsin.
    very slight chance if clemson or uw loses and penn st wins? penn st is a lock if one of those teams loses and they win. i think penn st passes osu if they win regardless of what clemson and wash do.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    For discussion, serves no other real purpose. If Clemson and UW win and Penn St can beat Wisconsin convincingly, at least 14 or more, than I would bump OSU out.
    Ohio State and Alabama are the only teams already in no matter what happens. Committee has basically made it clear that being "better" trumps conference championships, so Ohio State will not get bumped with best resume in the country.

5918mike

Ohio State and Alabama are the only teams already in no matter what happens. Committee has basically made it clear that being "better" trumps conference championships, so Ohio State will not get bumped with best resume in the country.
    I think you are correct but I could be swayed off OSU, UW, or Clemson depending on how the final games go even in a win.

First 12345 Last