Rainmaker222
    When It Rains, It Pours...
    Rainmaker222's Avatar Become A Pro!

Italy vs Spain

Spain ML +170 2 Units

3-0 +6.10u

These two met at the Euros last 16 stage with Italy eventual 2-0 winners, Spain is the play here I like the new man in charge winning his first two games, this Italian squad is the poorest I've seen in a while they will suffer from the absence of Motta & Marchisio which is a huge blow considering there playing against Busquets, Iniesta and David Silva. The match up will be tight with the home side playing it safe for the most part, this will be there downfall Spain have too much quality Diego Costa is on fire Nolito and Morata are in good form, The Spanish will definitely score at least once in Turin tomorrow that I am sure of, this Italian team doesn't have much going on for them in attack Nicola Sansone is a talent but his inexperience at this level can't be counted on, Spain will have there first choice back 5 tomorrow and with Costa back to his best and the whole squad vying to impress Lopetegui this play is a no-brainer.

Rainmaker222
    When It Rains, It Pours...
    Rainmaker222's Avatar Become A Pro!

1-1 FT

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

not that it mattters and totally after the game

but italy have never lost a world cup qualifier at home...ever...this just continues that trend

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post

but italy have never lost a world cup qualifier at home...ever...this just continues that trend
    Was a fun match to watch. 17 years without losing a competitive match at home sick...I can't believe Buffon made that huge mistake.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post

Since the first World Cup, Italy has now played 49 World Cup qualifiers at home with 42 wins and 7 draws. They've also hosted 2 World Cups, and have had 9 wins and 3 draws. Two of those "draws" were knockout matches. They won one of those in extra-time against Czechoslovakia to win the Cup in the final of '34, and famously lost to Argentina in penalties in the 1990 Semi-Final.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by Stackzilla View Post
    Was a fun match to watch. 17 years without losing a competitive match at home sick...I can't believe Buffon made that huge mistake.
    The match they lost to Denmark 17 years ago can be argued not to even have been a competitive match, since they had already clinched winning their group before the game was played. You'd have to go back to Nov. 1994 when they lost at home to Croatia to find a European home qualifier that they lost that meant anything. However, they do get beat in friendlies at home all the time, including some high profile ones.