Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's Week 2 College Plays

Boyz,

5-2 start to the season. Overall this week's card is nowhere as interesting as last week's. The NFL is starting up, too. My goal is to get out to a good start so I can play with the House's $$. Let's try our luck with the following:

MICHIGAN/C FLA - OVER 53- ......Not sure yet whether the oddsmakers are over-valuing the Wolverines as they have to lay a heavy number for the second week in a row. I'd rather just play this one to go up and over the reasonable total. Last week Michigan went over the posted total themselves and I look for them to do it again. They're having too much fun for Harbaugh to call off the dogs. OVER.

MISSOURI/E. MICH - UNDER 57-......The Tigers are pretty predictable. Staunch defense, pedestrian offense. They held W. Virginia to 26 last week but could only put up 11 themselves. This week they'll score against the weak EMU defense, but I look for a final in the 38-10 range. UNDER

NORTHERN ILLINOIS +15 against South Florida......The Huskies of NIU are 15-4 as a road underdog. They had a tough beat last week in Laramie, but that's not the easiest place to play. This week they'll be looking to save face against a South Florida team not known for blowing teams out. Too many points to pass up.

MIAMI -25 against Florida Atlantic......There's a new coach in Miami (Richt) but he's trying to instill old Hurricane values, namely beating the crap out of lesser teams. The Owls are just such a team. They also represent a nearby recruiting threat. Miami put up 70 last week and I don't see them letting off the pedal here. Lay it!

IOWA STATE +15- against Iowa........4 of the last 5 in this series have been decided by under a TD, with the Cyclones covering 8 of the last 9. This is not an easy out for the Hawkeyes. The Cyclones were upset by Northern Iowa last week but it really wasn't that big a surprise. Iowa seemingly had an easy time last week against Miami-Ohio but a closer look shows they were actually out-gained. Gimme the points.

NEW MEXICO -12 against New Mexico State.....Not used to seeing the Lobos laying double digits but this is a big game (Rio Grande Rivalry) in this part of the world and New Mexico is a far better team. Last week they put up 48 points and over 600 yards in offense against South Dakota State, whom is about on par with the Aggies. The Aggies top RB is out with a hernia. Lobos!!

BOISE STATE -10 against Washington State......For the 2nd year in a row the Cougars lost their opening game to a lesser Big Sky team. Ouch! Last year they rebounded nicely to actually have a great season. This year may be different. Last week Eastern Washington completed 35 of 41 passes on these Cougars for close to 500 yards! Eastern Washington! How's that defense gonna fare against the lightning quick Broncos on the Smurf Turf? I say lay it!

As always, best of luck
    Harry

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Like the plays Harry. Just not sure about the cyclones. Burned by them to many times. Good luck with the weekend. Will you have an NFL thread?

Harry N. Lloyd

Shop, every jackass and his brother has an opinion on the pros. I'll let you know what my top plays are but don't really have time for the write-ups. Took Denver tonight. That ended well. Will let you know some other plays by Saturday.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

That's funny shit. Looking forward to it.

Harry N. Lloyd

Shop, for the record, tomorrow I am playing Minny -2-, Philly -3-, Hous -6, Dallas, and Indy-under 51. Good luck.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I like the New Mexico play and the Iowa State play. New Mexico is looking to become bowl eligible for the 2nd straight season. Iowa State always gives Iowa a bad time, especially on the road. Not sure about Northern Illinois. Calling Laramie a tough place to play is really stretching it.

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I like the New Mexico play and the Iowa State play. New Mexico is looking to become bowl eligible for the 2nd straight season. Iowa State always gives Iowa a bad time, especially on the road. Not sure about Northern Illinois. Calling Laramie a tough place to play is really stretching it.
    High altitude. Tough travel. Late start. Long weather delay. Triple overtime game, that finished at a ridiculous hour for the eastern time zone Huskies. Maybe I meant to say 'extenuating circumstances'.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Good luck today Mr. Bridges.