TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cespedes Is A Joke

What ahole paid this guy what he wanted?

Guy has no business as a GM in baseball.

.248 avg 2016 season tops

How many chains does this guy have?

Bringing back Mr. T collection.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 167

It's game one of a 162 game season. He is the reason Mets were in the playoffs last season. The guy deserves a bit more respect than this sir

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Butcher in the outfield too.

Alderson is an idiot.
    Mets line up is full of holes.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

MVP

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    It's game one of a 162 game season. He is the reason Mets were in the playoffs last season. The guy deserves a bit more respect than this sir
    He's a hit or miss one dimensional player.
    Has a horrible OBA, .319 is laughable, plays a terrible defense in the outfield.
    Terrible base runner, 37 stolen bases, caught stealing 18 times is just laughable.
    Has shit for brains.
    There's a reason why he's been on four teams in four years.

stevenash

Strike 3
    End of game.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He's a hit or miss one dimensional player.
    Has a horrible OBA, .319 is laughable, plays a terrible defense in the outfield.
    Terrible base runner, 37 stolen bases, caught stealing 18 times is just laughable.
    Has shit for brains.
    There's a reason why he's been on four teams in four years.
    Ya, so terrible that they gave him a golden glove last year, keep talking

TheMoneyShot

Yeah... that screw up tonight in the outfield. Anyone could make that play.

They should automatically take all of your Golden Gloves away... if you're caught making a mistake like that. Wow.

TheMoneyShot

Detroit Tigers.... smart move to let this One Hit wonder go.

His true identity will surface this year.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

291. avg 35 hr 42 doubles 6 triples, such a shitty player

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

He was insane for the Mets down the stretch last year

I'd take him on my team even with his faults....still puts up big numbers and has an amazing arm

I get the hate for him but overall he helps more than hurts....just gotta live with some of his ridiculousness

stevenash

Kicked an Escobar dunker into a HR in the WS last year, dropped a fly ball tonight, he's a joke.

Gold glove

unde0087
    Did we win?

Yeah... that screw up tonight in the outfield. Anyone could make that play.

They should automatically take all of your Golden Gloves away... if you're caught making a mistake like that. Wow.
    Ya, it goes without saying that should have been caught. But to sit there and try to say he is a joke after one game is perry stupid. The guy got a golden glove in the American League and had the best 2nd half of the season of anyone in the NL. But ya, he is aweful, I hate guys that hit a boat load of homeruns and RBIs. This one game will surely define his career because he struck out in the 9th. Even though right in front of him David Wright couldn't even put a ball in play with one out and a guy on 3rd when he got 2 straight fastballs right down the middle but it was all Cespedes.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    291. avg 35 hr 42 doubles 6 triples, such a shitty player
    .271 lifetime in 4 years with a putrid .319 OBA
    He's a streaky home run hitter, everything else he does is God awful.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Repeat of last year's series. Mets just can't beat this team

stevenash

Ya, it goes without saying that should have been caught. But to sit there and try to say he is a joke after one game is perry stupid. The guy got a golden glove in the American League and had the best 2nd half of the season of anyone in the NL. But ya, he is aweful, I hate guys that hit a boat load of homeruns and RBIs. This one game will surely define his career because he struck out in the 9th. Even though right in front of him David Wright couldn't even put a ball in play with one out and a guy on 3rd when he got 2 straight fastballs right down the middle but it was all Cespedes.
    He's a joke in the sense Alderson paid him 25 million dollars a year for 3 years.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Kicked an Escobar dunker into a HR in the WS last year, dropped a fly ball tonight, he's a joke.

Gold glove

Funny you show those plays being how Mets wouldn't even be in the WS without him but go on

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Repeat of last year's series. Mets just can't beat this team
    Yep, Mets line up has too many holes.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    MVP
    a real pole smoker

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Yep, Mets line up has too many holes.
    but the no. of holes in the line up pales in comparison to the number of holes David Cone used to bang in the bullpen on off days during the Mets' heyday

stevenash

Funny you show those plays being how Mets wouldn't even be in the WS without him but go on
    Got hot for 4 weeks, then once he got to the post season went 12 for 54 for the three series for a whopping .222 average, and made a fool of himself to boot.

Your'e turn.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Mets will always have to overpay for there stars to keep pace with the Yankees for the New York Times headlines.

Neither is winning a championship this year regardless

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    but the no. of holes in the line up pales in comparison to the number of holes David Cone used to bang in the bullpen on off days during the Mets' heyday
    Ah, he good old days, When Saberhagen was pissing everybody off, Bonilla wearing ear plugs in the outfield because the Mets fans at Shea was booing him so much he couldn't take it anymore, Gooden was so lit up on coke he was 10 and 13 with an ERA of almost lour, Sid Fernndez was a cheeseburger away from 300 hundy pounds.

Good times that David Cone Mets era.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Mets will always have to overpay for there stars to keep pace with the Yankees for the New York Times headlines.

Neither is winning a championship this year regardless
    Yanks infield is a joke.
    Texieria is washed up, Gregorious is a light weight at the plate, Headley? Give me a break, Castro is a cancer.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

TMS just angry the Tigers lost their only chance to see 1st in the Central this year..Royals 1-0

unde0087
    Did we win?

Got hot for 4 weeks, then once he got to the post season went 12 for 54 for the three series for a whopping .222 average, and made a fool of himself to boot.

Your'e turn.
    Nash, you think you proved anything to me by pulling up a couple of errors from a full season that you could find on any player in the league over a season? good work, you sure buried me, I don't even know what to say. He single handedly put the Mets on his back. Funny how he got to NY and Mets went from last place to first place in runs scored and homeruns in the 2nd half. But that doesn't matter does it because you have a couple videos of 2 errors so how can anyone argue right? Oh except that gold glove he got, I guess the MLB doesn't agree. Your doing well though, really really well

stevenash

Nash, you think you proved anything to me by pulling up a couple of errors from a full season that you could find on any player in the league over a season? good work, you sure buried me, I don't even know what to say. He single handedly put the Mets on his back. Funny how he got to NY and Mets went from last place to first place in runs scored and homeruns in the 2nd half. But that doesn't matter does it because you have a couple videos of 2 errors so how can anyone argue right? Oh except that gold glove he got, I guess the MLB doesn't agree. Your doing well though, really really well
    Once again, he got hot at the right time.
    Secondly that 'gold glove' he won was for his work in the American League with the Tigers, he was brutal in the outfield as a Met.
    He is prone to having brain farts, he gets picked off, he gets thrown out stealing at an alarming rate, he was beyond terrible in last season's post season.

Once again, can you tell me why he's been on four different teams in four seasons if he's 'all that'?

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Whatever you think about Cespedes, it wasn't Alderson's call to bring him back. He didn't want any part of it, and then finally Wilpon caved in.

I think the Mets got a fair deal considering his talents, but their own fan's ignorance forced the signing. I thought Fullmer was a steep price to pay at last year's deadline.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

I feel like unde and stevenash are about two more posts apiece from finding a common ground in this debate

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    Whatever you think about Cespedes, it wasn't Alderson's call to bring him back. He didn't want any part of it, and then finally Wilpon caved in.

I think the Mets got a fair deal considering his talents, but their own fan's ignorance forced the signing.
    25 million a year for a streaky home run hitter that offers nothing else is not a fair deal.
    He wasn't getting anywhere near that kind of money anywhere else.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I feel like unde and stevenash are about two more posts apiece from finding a common ground in this debate
    No, he's a good guy, we just don't see eye to eye on this topic is all.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

1st at bat of the World Series he turns a pop fly into an inside the park home run. First line drive of the season - hit directly to him - pops out of his glove like he's never caught a ball before. We could go a full season and not see as inexcusable a play like we saw tonight.

I'll tip my hat to anyone who can find a cleanup batter in the modern era who had a worse post-season/World Series than Cespedes. It's clear he can't handle a big spot ... so the Mets brass figured they'd better give him $25 million per and keep the pain for only 3 years instead of 6 or 7. That's baseball today.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    1st at bat of the World Series he turns a pop fly into an inside the park home run. First line drive of the season - hit directly to him - pops out of his glove like he's never caught a ball before.

I'll tip my hat to anyone who can find a cleanup batter in the modern era who had a worse post-season/World Series than Cespedes. It's clear he can't handle a big spot ... so the Mets brass figured they'd better give him $25 million per and keep the pain for only 3 years instead of 6 or 7. That's baseball today.
    Or Bobby Bo, are they still paying off his contract by the way?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Once again, he got hot at the right time.
    Secondly that 'gold glove' he won was for his work in the American League with the Tigers, he was brutal in the outfield as a Met.
    He is prone to having brain farts, he gets picked off, he gets thrown out stealing at an alarming rate, he was beyond terrible in last season's post season.

Once again, can you tell me why he's been on four different teams in four seasons if he's 'all that'?
    Nash, I don't give a shit where he was before the Mets, all I know is he helped the Mets get to a place they had no chance of getting without him. You can hate him but it isn't going to change the fact he had a great season with the Mets and I am glad he is still on the team. Now if you want to continue to bash him for a bad opening day then fine go on but it's one game, there is 161 more. I think his performance last year speaks for itself and I grow tired of arguing about something that we are both not budging on. You have yourself a great night champ. Hate away, if I cared enough I could bring up some vids of him gunning people down from the wall at home that about 1 other player in the league could do. But I don't so we will just agree to disagree on this one

1234 Last