Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22133

Quote Originally Posted by Breadloser View Post
    You know a guy that lends tens of thousands of dollars? What made this guy take him at his word?
    You see I live here and was there to see it myself. You can believe what you want, but that is what happened.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Fukk him I had the over

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

He does throw a lot of runners out

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Cespedes came to the US via the Dominican Republic. He was in Santiago for quite awhile before he could
    get clearance to come to the US. A guy I know over here was lending him money to live on. Tens of thousands of dollars. All he wanted was the money he gave him when he would eventually sign a contract.

Guess what? When he went to the US this guy got the middle of a bagel. He never heard from him again.

A real piece of shit.
    Dominican Republic currency is pesos. Nice story otherwise.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22133

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Dominican Republic currency is pesos. Nice story otherwise.
    If you ever lived here you would know that having Dollars in large amounts is easily changed to Pesos. And most major purchases like rent, house, cars, ARE priced in Dollars.

http://www.supercarros.com/carros/cu...vincia/Toyota/

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Confirmed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dominicans known losers in bases

Team cancers and can care less about winning and losing

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Yoenis Cespedes on the cold, nasty conditions at Citi: "This is not a time to be playing baseball. It's a time to be home sleeping." #Mets

Cleared over 1 million US this week.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dominicans known losers in bases

Team cancers and can care less about winning and losing
    Pedro Martinez was pretty damn good.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cespedes .125 avg

16 AB 7 SO

0 HR 0 RBI

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Mets only did this because their fans launched a massive campaign to bring this guy back. Met fans, by and large, are the stupidest fvcking people you'll meet. These are the same morons that fall for the same crap every year with the Jets. They're currently doing the Cespedes thing for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

If the Wilpons or Alderson listened to the Met fan base this team would be in the shitter. We wouldn't have the pitching, we would have probably signed Reyes to a stupid contract, wouldn't have traded Dickey... Signed Duda to a long term contract last spring, the only thing they really did to probably appease their fan base is to resign Wright which in hindsight was probably not a good idea, and they probably knew it at the time. Nobody has pissed off Met fans more in the last 5 years than the Coupons... we were told to trust Alderson and we told them to suk a dik and do something, FOR YEARS, and 'lo and behold while wasting an awesome staff for the first half of last year, with scrubs like Gomez & Todd F'ing Frazier floating around for the taking, guys that couldn't hit at Citi, Met fans were pissing themselves over acquiring one of these non-difference making pieces. Instead, they got Cespedes. They got Kung Fu Panda Light, Kelly Johnson, Clippard, Blevins (losing him was huge, as they had no other loogy)... every move they made last year was great except for O'Flarerety and the Met fans weren't clamoring for ANY of those players, I assure you. They went totally off the radar and absolutely made the right calls, again and again. Anderson earned his Exec of the year. It was an unreal second half for Met fans, each game was a blast, great offense, great pitching, I haven't missed a game in 25 years and I don't remember going back and listening to radio calls more than I did last year as well as tv calls over and over again. You talk about some of the guys the Mets missed out on, look at their numbers... what did they really miss out on? Guys that can impact a game like Cespedes aren't readily available, and you gotta make a move to capitalize on the staff. You're hoping a guy like Ces can make those around him better and lengthen the lineup from top to bottom, there are a lot more intangibles to having a guy like that in your lineup than just his 16 AB sample.

As a Met fan, I think I speak for most Met fans when I say we all see this window of opportunity with an absolute beast of a pitching staff, and we're afraid of fuking it up and not getting a ring out of it. The cheap fuk owners will hopefully hang onto all the pitching they can but they're not going to have these guys forever... we went through a lot of misery and a lot of 'have patience' speeches to get to this point, we want it all to have been worth it.

This deal favors the Mets, I'm sure their fingers are crossed he plays out of his mind this year and gets his 5 year deal next year somewhere in the AL.

Prediction on Cespedes: Weather warms up (he did well in Florida) and he gets it together, he feasts on bad pitching and there is plenty of that to go around in the NL East.
    Points Awarded:

allabout the $$$ gave thellama 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allabout the $$$

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

billy bean of the A;s got rid of him

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Mets will always have to overpay for there stars to keep pace with the Yankees for the New York Times headlines.

Neither is winning a championship this year regardless
    the Mets have the headlines in NY for at least three more years until their pitchers become free agents. Then Harvey will be a Yankee, DeGrom will be a Dodger and Syndergaard will be a Angel. One question about the Yankees, are they still paying Carl Pavano or even Don Gullet????

Terps1993
    Terps1993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34372

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    the Mets have the headlines in NY for at least three more years until their pitchers become free agents. Then Harvey will be a Yankee, DeGrom will be a Dodger and Syndergaard will be a Angel. One question about the Yankees, are they still paying Carl Pavano or even Don Gullet????

DeGrom is signing until 2020 and has openly stated he wants to re-sign . Syndergaard is on his rookie deal ain't going anywhere for a while - Harvey will be gone probably gets traded after this year so they can get something back instead of watching him leave as a FA.
    Regarding Cespedes - everyone relax it's been 4 games - He is a streaky hitter everyone knew that when we re-signed him. End of the year he will still hit .260 - .275 range with 30 HR and 90-100 RBI. This lineup needs his bat - its a long season. You won't be complaining when he hits a hot streak.

jjgold

It really doesn't matter if he hits or not we all know pitching wins but I would like to see the Mets have some decent hitters

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Syndergaard is the best pitcher on the Mets, now and moving forward. I honestly believe this guy has a shot to be the heir apparent to Kershaw as the next perennial ace. His stuff is that good. Guy throws 95 mph sliders.

I would have moved Harvey for what the Dbacks gave up for Miller in a second. You get your 3rd basemen of the future plus a damn good outfielder.

Blue Jays better hurry up and win the world series in 2016, because after this season their window will slam shut.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

That last at bat was no joke. My god what a battle ended with a hard line drive homer

Breadloser
    Big Bear

Credit where it's due. Harvey will beg for another inning and probably piss the 2 runs back to Phillies.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Harvey is such a pussy

Breadloser
    Big Bear

I would have taken that Shelby Miller package and ran like the wind.

thellama

Noah should have started opening day... I think everyone on the team knows Harvey is not #1 but he's the one guy on the team that if you slate him in behind Noah gets a fuking complex about it because he's a head case. I'd rather Noah go up against the other teams ace each week instead of Harvey.

jjgold

teams pay for past performance

future performance hard to predict

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

His OPS of 1.056 disagrees.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Do we need anymore evidence that this moneyshot clown is a huge fukking dumbass?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

clutch

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

This thread has reached burial level.

KingJD31

They would have been soooo much better off with lagares in center

jjgold

yeh

guy heating up

thellama

Best breaking ball hitter in the league, he should see nothing but fastballs.

On the flipside, Murphy cost his team a run and the game and first place today in Chicago. It was only a matter of time. Also, they're going to need to put Murphy behind Harper, Cubs did not pitch to him today walking him 6 times and Zimmerman is not protection. I don't know what Dusty is doing with his lineup but Harper should get the Bonds treatment from everybody if Zimmerman is standing on deck.
    Last edited by thellama; 05-09-16 at 01:39 AM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Good analysis on the Nats Llama...Lineup change that you mention should be
    imperative for Washington.

Another note
    No matter which uniform Dusty "Dustiny" Baker wears...It will always be a clown suit.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    This thread has reached burial level.
    Thread hadn't begun reach burial level - Cespedes now leads NL in RBI. He is proving me wrong.

thellama

Matt Williams still makes Dusty Baker look like Connie Mack.

Don West
    Kenny, are you there?
    Don West's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

It's outta here!

KingJD31

Leading mlb in home runs leading nl in rbi and slugging. He is TRASH

First 1234 Last