Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

Heritage wanted to confirm my ID just to start account

Ive heard of this before for CC deposits and withdrawls; but just to get my account up and running? especially when I exclusively use p2p. they said my phone number matched someone elses, I just got the phone 2 weeks ago its probably that other schmuck whose using fake number. I really hate the idea of sending these guys a copy of my ID and a bill. seems like step one to ID theft land. grrrr I need a local

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Hi Wallnuts,

Your post explained why it was necessary - your registration details matched another account holder's. You should prefer having to do this beforehand so there is no KYC to get out of the way when it comes payout time.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Every book must be required to do just this. Verify everyone in the beginning and be obligated to just pay the damn money after a player wins, NOT start verifying him based on whether or not he even gets to the point of cashing out.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Wallnuts,
    Just about every reputable A - A+ book does this...par for the course...once you are verified and validated, (yes, the process can be a pain in the ass) you can deposit and withdraw ad naseum til your hearts content...also Heritage gives many wagering options and they pay fast!......I use just them and bookmaker as my two primary books...and truth be told, there is nothing like peace of mind knowing that I'm fortunate enough to play at two A+ books that aren't going to stiff a customer if they win...

Wallnuts

it was just weird to me. 5d never made me do that. and the fact somehow someone has the same phone number as me. sent my bill and I.d. wondering how long til they call me back there's hockey I want some action on dammit

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Like others have said, I think it's a good thing when they verify before, not after.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

just a heads up. when they ask you to verify your account and ask for your front and back of your debit/cc, black out the code in the back. you don't want that shit floating around giving access to some costa rican rep making minimum wage that can barely speak english.

it's strange that heritage asks pic of the back of your debit/cc.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    just a heads up. when they ask you to verify your account and ask for your front and back of your debit/cc, black out the code in the back. you don't want that shit floating around giving access to some costa rican rep making minimum wage that can barely speak english.

it's strange that heritage asks pic of the back of your debit/cc.
    you need that three digit security code in order to deposit via CC/debit card and that is why they ask for it...furthermore, they will also need that information if you ever have any intentions of cashing out/withdrawing any winnings!...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i will not let them have that info. that's crazy. why not just include your pin number?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Use BTC for deposit/withdrawal and it's not an issue.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yeah but once you deposit using your debit/cc, only way to get your money out is to go through their bullshit. i tried to cashout using bitcoin but they won't let me until my verification is done. in this sense, 5dimes is 100 times better. i had to go buy a pencil for this bullshit.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Wallnuts you need a verification video for SBR.

Wallnuts

It had nothing to do with a CC. I just went to start an account, apparently someone had the same telephone number as me so I had to send them a copy of my ID and a bill with my address and name on it. I'm going to deposit P2p anyway, which is why I thought it was weird. 5d and bovada never made me verify who I was before even having an account created. Emailed them the bill and my ID yesterday and still havnt gotten a call or email. how long should this take. I just want to gamble damnit

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

listen, heritage is legit. they just want to make sure the person that you're claiming is you. blame all the shady mother fukkers that try to scam them by charge backs and having multiple accounts.

but like i said, for those that are using debit/cc. black out the 3 digit number on the back of the card. you don't want that shit floating around. they will validate you with the blacked out number.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Heritage is one of best

Good security

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I wouldn't worry about sending heritage your info. I've never had a problem. The phone number thing would seem suspicious to them. I mean what are the odds of you getting a new phone number that matches a prior customer?

Wallnuts

apparently the bill I sent them wasn't up to there standards. " I could of copied and pasted it." o well I'm going to take this as a sign to keep my money in my pocket. this is ridiculous. sorry you don't want my money

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

take a picture of your cable or internet bill with your name on it. how hard can that be man. c'mon now.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I love it when scammers come to SBR to complain that they can't get their scam accounts verified. Not you Wallnuts I'm sure you're cool, but when the other scammers do it it's funny.

Wallnuts

thanks I was 8percent offended til I finished reading that. I hate just hate having my face and any personal info out there. although it is 2016 the battle is already lost I'm sure. will photo copy my insurance bill tonight

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

whats a photocopy? snap a pic with your phone

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Wallnuts View Post
    they said my phone number matched someone elses, I just got the phone 2 weeks ago its probably that other schmuck whose using fake number.

WOW...Talk about a longshot.

Longshot 1... some random guy in your area code who ALSO plays at Heritage may have given them a fake phone number which matches your new phone number exactly...astronomical longshot but possible i suppose.

Longshot 2...The "schmuck" who had that phone number before you had Also played at Heritage then cut the service to his line or lost the service for whatever reason thus you getting that phone number weeks later and of course you ALSO being a player at Heritage..still very much a longshot but not as high as Longshot 1.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 05-02-16 at 10:35 AM.