t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Don't know about Cam Newton being the best QB, but you certainly are a dumbass. One of the biggest in here. How may times have I told you that you do not know caca and been proven right? Go back to your hopeless Ga. Tech team, which was almost as big a dumbass this season as you were. Now shut the f**k up and leave, you moron.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Don't know about Cam Newton being the best QB, but you certainly are a dumbass. One of the biggest in here. How may times have I told you that you do not know caca and been proven right? Go back to your hopeless Ga. Tech team, which was almost as big a dumbass this season as you were. Now shut the f**k up and leave, you moron.
    Dont you have some -600 ML favorites to cap....write 3 paragraphs of bullshit explains it? Get back to your .36C poker games you air betting redneck

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    No Brady is the best. Followed by Rodgers and Roethlisberger. Then it's probably Cam. Watch the games fukkboy.
    Your an air betting fraud. You can't post a ticket therefor you have no crediability and nothing you say means dik. Run along little fella.

GT21Megatron

That was a sarcastic post you inbread goat fuker

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    If you're starting a franchise right now and don't consider Cam first overall, you're lost

Has been a good player throughout his career with flashes of greatness but he has now hit the point of greatness as he enters his prime

I would easily take him first....Luck would be my only other consideration but he has been banged up to hell every single season due to moronic Indy management
    Drafting like that I'd love to be an opposing team in your league.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    well your an idiot....he hasn't been in the top 10 of any major passing categories until this year. The only one lost is you
    Yeah he has been improving and is now the MVP and entering his prime

Name 5 players you would start a franchise with over Cam

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    Drafting like that I'd love to be an opposing team in your league.
    LOL I would guarantee he'd be in the top 3 of just about every GM out there

Some of you guys are thinking of how Cam was (pretty good overall with some passing issues) vs. What he is now (elite MVP status)

Hes a much better athlete and more physically gifted than any QB in the league...just needed to refine his passing skills and has done so

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

why do you have nearly 12K points and not a pro? don't know about luck but do sense stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Please visit my threads and fade accordingly. I dare you. Thanks!

I must be one lucky "moron"....

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    why do you have nearly 12K points and not a pro? don't know about luck but do sense stupidity
    He's a paid poster.

Anyways, he's right, lines will be inflated if they are 16-0, common sense.

Remember the cheatriots lines when they were in the playoffs and hadnt covered a game since the middle of the year?

The book loves to see people pay to take the ml for the favorite.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

LOL I would guarantee he'd be in the top 3 of just about every GM out there

Some of you guys are thinking of how Cam was (pretty good overall with some passing issues) vs. What he is now (elite MVP status)

Hes a much better athlete and more physically gifted than any QB in the league...just needed to refine his passing skills and has done so
    No, he isn't. Everyone is fawning over Cam but in actuality, he is the benefactor of a God awful easy schedule. Pre-season the Panthers had the 27th hardest strength of schedule. They play in a horse shit division and played the NFC Least with their other games. They have 2, maybe 3 quality wins on their schedule. @Seattle, Home vs. a banged up Green Bay, @ New Orleans. The MVP is Carson Palmer or Tom Brady and it's not close after that. Their numbers blow Cam away. Everyone wants to give it to him because OMG a sophomore WR is hurt and Cam has no weapons...give me a break. People drinking far too much kool-aid when it comes to Scam Newton and the Panthers. Oh, he came back and scored a game winning TD against the vaunted Giants defense! Get the fukk outta here.

Cam is 30th in the league in Completion % Sorry, he's not the MVP. I don't care how much smoke ESPN blows up his ass. For half the season, Colin Kaepernick had better #'s than Cam.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Interesting post, I buy a lot of what you say or will consider it, I too personally think Arizona will get the job done against them in the right scenario. BUT --- they have had a lot of drops this year. I mean, a ton.

Here's the real question, who are the teams that one would consider a quality win. I'll give you that Seattle was not the same team (but it was still a road game), nor was Green Bay. But aren't there really only 5 teams that are truly any caliber for which you'd give them credit if they had a win over?

I'm just here to keep people honest and ask interesting questions.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Atlanta has a tremendous shot to upset them at home

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Falcons RB Tevin Coleman slips in shower, in concussion protocol

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ssion-protocol

goldust
    goldust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Not sure about tremendous, but this seems like "the game". General public was all over the notion of the Giants being their first loss, but not a peep about this game. Carolina's been distracted, the Falcons have everything to play for...I'd take the 7 if Atlanta hadn't already burned me so many times this year.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No, he isn't. Everyone is fawning over Cam but in actuality, he is the benefactor of a God awful easy schedule. Pre-season the Panthers had the 27th hardest strength of schedule. They play in a horse shit division and played the NFC Least with their other games. They have 2, maybe 3 quality wins on their schedule. @Seattle, Home vs. a banged up Green Bay, @ New Orleans. The MVP is Carson Palmer or Tom Brady and it's not close after that. Their numbers blow Cam away. Everyone wants to give it to him because OMG a sophomore WR is hurt and Cam has no weapons...give me a break. People drinking far too much kool-aid when it comes to Scam Newton and the Panthers. Oh, he came back and scored a game winning TD against the vaunted Giants defense! Get the fukk outta here.

Cam is 30th in the league in Completion % Sorry, he's not the MVP. I don't care how much smoke ESPN blows up his ass. For half the season, Colin Kaepernick had better #'s than Cam.
    Didn't brady do the exact same thing in the game against the giants? Last second win right?

What's a hard schedule?

Carolina has won in dallas/sea and new Orleans. Those were considered hard when the season began.

Cam is doing pretty good.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Some people legitimately hate Cam Newton because he's cocky and black. Bunch of racist white uncles here at SBR.
    Points Awarded:

RavensFan2k3 gave t-wizzle 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Aren't they 10-4 ATS this year?

Why not back good teams like Carolina and Golden State while they're winning instead of "waiting for a perfect spot to fade them." It seems like you would make more money that way. Most people lose a lot trying to guess when a good team won't cover.

Some years there are those teams that seem to cover most of the time. Examples in MLB the last two seasons included Oakland and St. Louis. They flamed out in the playoffs but you could have made a shit ton backing them in the regular season. Why not ride the gravy train until it runs out?
    Thats all I'm saying, it makes much more sense and seems much more lucrative to ride the gravy train until it stops than to try and guess when it stops.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Some people legitimately hate Cam Newton because he's cocky and black. Bunch of racist white uncles here at SBR.
    This is true

GT21Megatron

Yeah he has been improving and is now the MVP and entering his prime

Name 5 players you would start a franchise with over Cam
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Rothlisberger
    Luck
    Eli

in that order

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Didn't brady do the exact same thing in the game against the giants? Last second win right?

What's a hard schedule?

Carolina has won in dallas/sea and new Orleans. Those were considered hard when the season began.

Dont put Cam and Brady in the same sentence. Brady has more rings then Cam has playoff wins

That Dude
    That Dude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Brady
    Rodgers
    Rothlisberger
    Luck
    Eli

in that order
    3 of 5 isn't bad. Brady wold leave you searching for a new QB in 2 years and Eli is just laughable.

goldust

Newton's been absolutely awesome. For me, I'm skeptical of them because of their shoddy defense and lack of wide receivers. Key drops are bound to penetrate them in the playoffs.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

The thing is that like in regular society, people get sick of the crying wolf syndrome. Newton was really good for the first season, then went into a black hole for a couple of years and a lot of it was his own doing. I recall that first season where people were saying he's the greatest ever already, I told them to temper that bullcrap and let's see it play out. Sure enough, he was bust city for years 2-3. Then he came back and looked pretty good again in 2014. The point is, he's just another example of the media thirsty for the story, this one being a black QB story. The media loves the pro-black narrative, even if it's without reason or cause, or directly against common sense.

That's the explanation, whether you want to believe it or not. Saying it's "racist" just plays into the nauseating narrative that we hear time and again, which is devoid of reason and reality.

GT21Megatron

Newton has had a great year. First one in his career. He's an average QB who benefits greatly from an above average defense. None of his numbers since he's been in the league are in the top 15. Don't believe the hype

goldust

Newton has had a great year. First one in his career. He's an average QB who benefits greatly from an above average defense. None of his numbers since he's been in the league are in the top 15. Don't believe the hype
    The defense has looked WAY too suspect lately. If they lose in the playoffs, I think it'll be mostly because of the defense - not Newton.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Carolina will be more than a 2 point favorite at home. Come on now.
    Lol. True

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Here's the question, can they beat Green Bay or Arizona? They pretty much are guaranteed to play either in the NFC Championship, and most likely they will get Seattle at home first. Seattle and then either GB or Arizona?

I agree, not gonna do it.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Brady
    Rodgers
    Rothlisberger
    Luck
    Eli

in that order
    LOL @ starting a franchise with Brady Eli or Big Ben

Age matters

Big Ben one big hit away from the nursing home as well

I'll give you Rodgers (32 years old so only 5 good seasons left) and Luck....Those 2 and Cam would be my top 3 and no one else is really close

I guess Bortles would be next in the discussion although way down the list...Maybe Mariota and Winston if you like what you've seen
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 12-24-15 at 04:27 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Rushing stats matter too though.....they are a huge part of what makes him productive and a great player

They have had an easy schedule but he has been the best player all things considered and hasn't lost a game

Completion % has a lot to do with their sorry ass receivers and I don't put a huge stock into it.....Dynamic plays especially on 3rd down as well as red zone efficiency are more important than a few check downs

He also has 19 Passing Tds to 1 Int in the last 6 games

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    The thing is that like in regular society, people get sick of the crying wolf syndrome. Newton was really good for the first season, then went into a black hole for a couple of years and a lot of it was his own doing. I recall that first season where people were saying he's the greatest ever already, I told them to temper that bullcrap and let's see it play out. Sure enough, he was bust city for years 2-3. Then he came back and looked pretty good again in 2014. The point is, he's just another example of the media thirsty for the story, this one being a black QB story. The media loves the pro-black narrative, even if it's without reason or cause, or directly against common sense.

That's the explanation, whether you want to believe it or not. Saying it's "racist" just plays into the nauseating narrative that we hear time and again, which is devoid of reason and reality.
    The thing is that narrative is true most of the time. If not why isnt anyone criticizing other qbs the same way or even at all. Why does it seem like only black players and coaches are criticized mainly and so harshly, seems they have to be perfect or the criticism will follow and when they do well they dont get the response they should get. Why is Cam's record against winning teams all of a sudden brought up when he's doing well when other qbs are fawned over who have the same amount of wins against winning teams.

Albabbie
    Albabbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

I see that all of the know-nothings are out in force. You wanna-be gamblers have no idea what the lines will be. You do not even know who will be playing who just yet. Here is a little hint for you wanna-be gamblers. If Philly wins out they win the NFC EAST AT 8-8. Go figure that one. Since over 90% of you are air bettors or simply do not wager at all, just sit tight and keep your mouths shut until you know who is playing who, who is injured, and who is returning from injury. Then you can run your mouths and make fools out of yourselves. Why you guys love to make fools out of yourselves is beyond me. I guess you will do anything to get some attention.
    Mad?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Bortles is better than Cam he may take too many hits at some point is a concern.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

What's a hard schedule?

I gave him credit for the Sea/New Orleans wins. I don't believe Dallas is that hard to play at. Maybe it's just the games I have watched, but it's a tame atmosphere, often with many of the visiting fans representing well. The Cowboys priced out the hardcore football fans. Very corporate, boring atmosphere. Of course Cam has been good. I don't think he's the MVP of the league. 3rd IMO.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I gave him credit for the Sea/New Orleans wins. I don't believe Dallas is that hard to play at. Maybe it's just the games I have watched, but it's a tame atmosphere, often with many of the visiting fans representing well. The Cowboys priced out the hardcore football fans. Very corporate, boring atmosphere. Of course Cam has been good. I don't think he's the MVP of the league. 3rd IMO.
    Definitely right about Dallas as it has become a place where many opposing fans will come visit......Even so, Dallas defense has been very strong this season

Nino are you a Cardinals fan that is possibly bitter about Carson being overlooked by the national media? I have no idea where you're from and who your root for just knew you were at the Suns game

Cam this season has been much better than the last few seasons he has played....more efficient and making less bad decisions. Just overall more of a field general and better passer. He also has one of the worst, if not the worst WR corps in the NFL. His tight end Olsen is one of the better ones in the league but that's really it.

Overall I won't give you shit for saying he's 3rd as Brady and Carson are having great seasons as well

Playoffs will tell the full story

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Definitely right about Dallas as it has become a place where many opposing fans will come visit......Even so, Dallas defense has been very strong this season

Nino are you a Cardinals fan that is possibly bitter about Carson being overlooked by the national media? I have no idea where you're from and who your root for just knew you were at the Suns game

Cam this season has been much better than the last few seasons he has played....more efficient and making less bad decisions. Just overall more of a field general and better passer. He also has one of the worst, if not the worst WR corps in the NFL. His tight end Olsen is one of the better ones in the league but that's really it.

Overall I won't give you shit for saying he's 3rd as Brady and Carson are having great seasons as well

Playoffs will tell the full story
    Spot on MLD. Nino extremely bitter.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

First 1234567 ... Last