smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Question for Cricket Experts

When I guy like Gale has the type of performance he had last time out is he more or less likely to perform better than his norm the next time out?

HockeyGuruNHL
    Bugatti over b__chez
    HockeyGuruNHL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Who knows?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Here is his batting performance graph in 50 over matches.

Performances are kind of streaky.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Some guys go well against particular teams. South Africa will bowl quicker to him!!!!

smoke a bowl

I'm just wondering in general when a player has an all world performance like Gale the other night or De Villiers last night if it means anything their next time out or can you just figure them to get about what you would have figured him to get before the great performances. All things being equal of course as i do understand that different ballers and different wickets obv play a role in a batters success.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    I'm just wondering in general when a player has an all world performance like Gale the other night or De Villiers last night if it means anything their next time out or can you just figure them to get about what you would have figured him to get before the great performances. All things being equal of course as i do understand that different ballers and different wickets obv play a role in a batters success.
    Pay attention to what Opti posted.

ABV is the best batsmen in the world, you cannot think for one moment he will have a bad performance...Gayle on the other hand.......

smoke a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    Pay attention to what Opti posted.

ABV is the best batsmen in the world, you cannot think for one moment he will have a bad performance...Gayle on the other hand.......
    I get all that but that is still not what I'm asking Rudy. All I am asking is when a batter in general has an outstanding performance in a given game, should he perform less or worse than his norm the next time out or does it just mean absolutely nothing in a vacuum?

Jackalking
    Jackalking's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I am not mistaken he wants to ask that if batsman's current form affects his performance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: alex82