What will the line be?

Bet they charge $99.99 for the PPV
    Probably 79.99 for hd

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Smells like chicken sh!t....

Floyd remembered the Manny was still a man
    Floyd doesn't want to break his habit of smackin' down women.
    Points Awarded:

laclippers504 gave 19th Hole 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Smells like chicken sh!t....

Floyd remembered the Manny was still a man
    Floyd doesn't want to break his habit of smackin' down women.
    Rofl

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

floyd is a little shit monkey

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

if 5/2 is the date they want that is 3 mos from today. hardly enough time to get all logistical pieces together

homie1975

inside of 3 mos from 5/2 now. wow

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

This is not happening, probably just a ploy to get people engaged in boxing for the time being.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    This is not happening, probably just a ploy to get people engaged in boxing for the time being.
    the irony is that if the khan v manny matchup gets made, or khan v mayweather, it's probably a better fight than floyd v manny.

if this is all a ploy, it will have the OPPOSITE effect, more ppl will be disenchanted with boxing

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Floyd has to take this fight. He been called out. Brothas around the world don't like being called out. He would never live it down. Floyd would beat mannys brains in anywhere anytime, so don't know why the hold up.

homie1975

The hold up is that floyd knows manny will hit him 3x for every once he hits manny and he'll lose on points. Floyd hasn't koed a guy since hatton. Your comment is ignorant

TwoWays

Manny lol. Mayweather would wipe the floor with him. Guess who would be favored to win...not manny

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Manny lol. Mayweather would wipe the floor with him. Guess who would be favored to win...not manny
    Boxing faves always win?? 2.5 to 1 dogs win all the time

homie1975

We May never know because floyd keeps finding excuses

TwoWays

He will fight. Brothas don't like be called out. Violence and misguided pride is in their dna

homie1975

Floyd has been getting called out by MOST media and fans about this fight for north of 5 years (since dec 2009).

the spirit has not moved him. i doubt it will until both are over 40 yrs old and floyd needs the money badly

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Mayweather's running; this fight isn't happening.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Not sure Mayweathers running

I just don't think he likes Arum and hates negotiating with him

Mayweather doesn't need this fight in any way

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Not sure Mayweathers running

I just don't think he likes Arum and hates negotiating with him

Mayweather doesn't need this fight in any way
    respectfully Kraken (I mean respectfully because i enjoy you as a poster), i disagree with you that Floyd does not need this fight. i think he absolutely needs this fight for his legacy. serious fight fans and media know that he has avoided talented boxers in their prime. manny is now past his prime but still the most dangerous fighter for mayweather not named amir khan. i think he absolutely has to take this fight this year or his legacy will be forever tarnished.

homie1975

All fight talk has gone silent lmao boxing which I love has become a joke

homie1975

Mayweather is a fukking piece o shitt

homie1975

I've been reading about the fight and negotiations for the fight every day for the last 23 days. Multiple times a day.

Only msn is reporting it. That uk site can suck a fat dikk. This fight has not been made yet. When I say it's been made then it's been made. Right now this fight has not been made.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It seems like it's basically a formality now maybe go announce it tomorrow

We all know they're fighting twice

Money hungry

homie1975

I'll be shocked if mayweather sign the contract

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fight will go down for SURE. 100% Nobody walks away from this kind of Scratch. I mean nobody.

Floyd wanted all the money in case It goes 2 fights, and HE Got That.

GOES DOWN FOR SURE.................................... .................. Floyd beats him both Fights.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Fight will go down for SURE. 100% Nobody walks away from this kind of Scratch. I mean nobody.

Floyd wanted all the money in case It goes 2 fights, and HE Got That.

GOES DOWN FOR SURE.................................... .................. Floyd beats him both Fights.
    There was as much or more money in this fight the last 5.25 years but it was never signed. Someone walked away the last 275 weeks but they won't now?

I maintain this fight does not happen 5/2. Come back and get your medicine when you're wrong

jjgold

Homie of course its going to happen

Mayweather appeal dwindling..not many chances left to make big money in his life

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Homie of course its going to happen

Mayweather appeal dwindling..not many chances left to make big money in his life
    coach, floyd's whole team is genius. they handpick the fighters he can dominate (next up will be a rematch v cotto and he'll beat cotto again) and they put latinos all over the undercard. then they put fights on cinco de mayo weekend and get all latinos in the world to buy and watch.

he'll make 32+ million again on 5/2 no matter who he fights.

mayweather will NOT fight pacquiao on 5/2. i repeat he will NOT fight pacquiao on 5/2

i predict he fights cotto again

jjgold

They will fight in September though

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They will fight in September though
    no coach, they'll fight when manny has one foot in the grave because that's when mayweather will finally believe he can beat manny.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Is the Wynn still building a special arena for this fight?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Is the Wynn still building a special arena for this fight?
    Nope it would be at mgm grand

homie1975

Espinoza says no contracts have been signed for Pacquiao-Mayweather fight

Posted on February 15, 2015 | 167 Comments »
    Share the post "Espinoza says no contracts have been signed for Pacquiao-Mayweather fight"

By Chris Williams: Earlier on Saturday there was a report that Manny Pacquiao had already signed the contract for his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr on May 2nd. This in turn got a lot of boxing fans excited and thinking that the fight was on the verge of being signed. However, Stephen Espinoza, the vice president of Sports for Showtime, says that no contracts have been signed because the contracts aren’t even ready.
    So in other words, the talk of Pacquiao having signed the contract for the fight is totally meaningless because there is no contract yet.

”Not sure what anyone is signing since no agreement has been finalized yet. Mayweather-Pacquiao #boxing,” Espinoza said on his twitter. ”An imaginary contract, maybe. Real one not finished yet. Sorry for telling the truth.”
    This is obviously sad news for many boxing fans, because they were hoping that the information about Pacquiao was actually legit. I’m not surprised that it was false info because obviously there couldn’t be a contract being passed around when they’re still dealing with a deal memo. If Pacquiao is signing a deal memo then you’ve got to worry about him because those aren’t contracts.
    “Manny has 100 per cent signed his side of the deal,” a source told the Telegraph.co.uk. “It is now over to Mayweather to close the deal and announce the fight.”
    There never was a contract for Pacquiao to sign, and that’s the unfortunate part. Whatever contract that Pacquiao signed, it wasn’t a contract for the Mayweather fight. If this source is a legitimate one, then Pacquiao much have signed a deal memo, and that’s pretty sad. There won’t be a fight with Mayweather taking place if Pacquiao is signing deal memos or imaginary contracts.
    The negotiations are still going on, and it’s unknown when the contracts will be ready. As Dan Rafael reported earlier today, the negotiations are getting closer to being finished. But there obviously aren’t any finished contracts yet to be signed.
    I think some people want to be the ones that are the first to release the news about the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, and because of that they start jumping ahead of the negotiation process by taking about signed contracts and deals being done. First it was TMZ, and now we’re seeing a number of UK sites saying it’s almost done.
    Mayweather isn’t going to sign any contracts until he is totally 100 percent happy with the contract. It might take more time for him to be pleased. Pacquiao, Top Rank, Michael Koncz and the boxing world is going to have to wait on Mayweather until he’s happy with what he sees.
    Once he agrees to what he sees on the deal memo that’s being passed around, then we can start talking about Espinoza coming up with the contracts to be signed.
    It’s nice that Espinoza is around to slice though all the BS that is floating around the boxing world in terms of contracts being signed and the fight being a done deal for May 2nd at the MGM Grand in Las

homie1975

Will Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Happen?

It’s been the biggest almost-event in sports

ENLARGE
    Floyd Mayweather, left, and Manny Pacquiao chat at a Miami Heat game on Jan. 27. Photo: NBAE/Getty Images

By Jason Gay

0 COMMENTS

You have to be (at least partly) a lunatic to believe it, you really do—to believe that this time, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are finally going to fight, ending the years of speculation and footsie and crazy-making coulda-woulda surrounding the biggest almost-event in sports.
    The smart thing would be to ignore it, to put Mayweather vs. Pacquiao in a basement drawer of Sports Moments That Aren’t Happening, somewhere next to A-Rod’s 763rd home run, a James Dolan-era Knicks NBA title and probably Tiger Woods passing Jack Nicklaus in majors. The therapeutic move would be to let it be, let it go, spare your brain the agitation, anxiety and wasted hope. For as long as it’s been discussed—and it’s been discussed a lot in the past decade—Floyd vs. Manny has played out like one of those dreams the universe is condemned to prevent.
    But what about…what about now? There’s new momentum! For more than a month, rumors have swirled that Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is on the verge of getting done—no fooling, no fingers crossed, for realsies. I swore I’d never again whip myself into a frenzy about this fight that has continually cried wolf, but here I am, tantalized by every report, optimistic, on edge, deluded enough to believe once more.
    This is what’s being said: Mayweather and Pacquiao are close. After years of drama, sniping and finding ridiculous excuses not to fight, the camps are alleged to be verging on a deal. There were some talks and then some more talks and then there was a serendipitous meeting—you can take that serendipity for what it’s worth—in Miami at a Heat basketball game. That encounter was followed by a promising meeting at Pacquiao’s hotel suite. The fighters are said to have agreed on most of the particulars. They reportedly know where they will box (Las Vegas) and they have a date in mind (May 2) and there is even said to be peace between HBO and Showtime over how they will present the event on TV. The money promised to each fighter is reported to hover somewhere between totally ridiculous and totally bonkers.
    What there’s not is a hard-boiled 100% confirm. There was the rumor the fight was going to be officially announced at the Patriots-Seahawks Super Bowl on Feb 1. Didn’t happen. Then there was the rumor it was going to be announced this past weekend at the NBA All-Star Game. Didn’t happen. Deadlines have come and gone, lines in the sand have been redrawn. If it doesn’t happen at the end of January, it won’t happen! If it doesn’t happen this week, it’s off for good! Over the weekend The Telegraph reported that a deal is in place, with an announcement imminent—news that Mayweather disputed courtside at the All-Star Game on Sunday night.
    Advertisement

“I haven’t signed yet, and he hasn’t signed yet,” Mayweather told TNT during the third quarter at Madison Square Garden.
    There’s an easy one-word explanation for all this maddening confusion: boxing. Boxing is a brutal spectacle that was invented to both entertain and drive the global sports audience as crazy as possible. It has produced thrilling moments and charismatic champions, but it spends most of its life chasing its own tail. There’s no single accepted way of business, no universal code of conduct, no chain of command, no one really in charge. It’s every lunatic for himself (and herself). Boxing isn't a life for the organized and efficient. If you want organized and efficient, fold sheets.
    If you choose to still like boxing—and you know who you are — you accept these terms. OUR SPORT IS COMPLETELY CUCKOO is the boldfaced warning right there, on the front of the box. To expect placid consistency from boxing is like asking a ferret to behave itself in business class.
    This doesn’t make Mayweather vs. Pacquiao any less irresistible. The fascination endures, despite numerous collapses. It endures even though the matchup itself holds less promise than it did a few years ago. Both fighters are charging toward 40— Mayweather will be 38 next week; Pacquiao is 36. Mayweather remains unbeaten, but Pacquiao has suffered a pair of dispiriting losses—an ugly knockout by Juan Manuel Marquez, and a disputed loss to Timothy Bradley, the latter defeat avenged in a recent three-fight winning streak.
    None of this has cooled the fever. You could hold Mayweather vs. Pacquiao in 2038—Floyd would be 60, Manny 59—and you’d find an audience. The winner could fight Bernard Hopkins, who would be 73. The public’s unshakable desire surely contributes to the delay—the fighters know we are on the hook.
    And so we wait. Maybe it gets confirmed in the next few hours (!). Maybe the deadline slides once more. This isn't happening until it’s happening, and even then, there will probably be a moment when it isn’t happening again. There’s no doubting the ceaseless curiosity in Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Believe it when you see them in the ring.
    Write to Jason Gay at Jason.Gay@wsj.com

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why did Mayweather deny that a deal wasn't done? Remember at the NBA All Star game someone asked him and he said No? Why didn't he just say yes? Damn. He knew it was going to happen.

jjgold

I hope you guys realize Pack is not allowed to win

First 123 Last