cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

dammit

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dear Client,
    FXCM CLIENT ACCOUNTS SECURE – RAISES $300 MILLION IN CAPITAL

FXCM previously announced that due to unprecedented volatility in the EUR/CHF pair after the Swiss National Bank announcement of January 15, 2015, clients experienced significant losses and generated negative equity balances owed to FXCM.
    To ensure the full financial stability of ALL client accounts, and FXCM, TODAY we have announced that Leucadia National Corporation will provide $300 Million in financing capital to FXCM Holdings LLC.
    Normal trading and operations will continue for all of its customers.
    The net proceeds will be used to replace capital in FXCM regulated entities.
    FXCM will continue to be one of the largest forex brokers globally.
    With the investment of the new capital, the Company has returned the regulatory capital it maintained prior to the losses client suffered as a result of the historic movement of the Swiss Franc early Thursday morning.
    The company is in compliance with all the regulatory capital requirements in all of its jurisdictions.

FXCM Headquartered at
    55 Water St., 50th Floor
    New York, NY 10041

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

none...why would anyone hold rubles right now?

"After closing 2014 as the world’s second worst performing currency, the ruble is back on track, thanks to the government, Joshi told TASS in an interview Friday."

http://rt.com/business/223391-ruble-...t-working-imf/

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    "After closing 2014 as the world’s second worst performing currency, the ruble is back on track, thanks to the government, Joshi told TASS in an interview Friday."

http://rt.com/business/223391-ruble-...t-working-imf/
    Sammy there are lot of things that you don't know about the rest of the world.

When you walk into a bank in Russia, you have an option to open your acct in rubles, dollars or euros - many Russians chose the last two options. Also many Russians are getting paid in dollars and euros. The currency exchange kiosks in motherland are almost as popular as hotdog stands on the streets of NY.
    Of course there are people who prefer to sit on rubles - I'm just not one of them...

and if I had to choose between investing in BTC or Rubles, I would definitely go with the latter

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

Sammy there are lot of things that you don't know about the rest of the world.

No doubt!

That is why we are lucky to have you around

jjgold

Sammy I am a fxcm account holder that should tell you something

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

JJ please make us a trading video.

jjgold

I should make one

I lose all the time trading fx

jjgold

Its a good buy now at 1.28 or so

Was 13 last week

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I should make one

I lose all the time trading fx
    You try to call tops and bottoms. Nobody, not even most pros can do that with any real success. Change your tactics. Or fade yourself. Seriously, I know people that do and crush it.

jjgold

Ralphie that only advantage to currency trading is Leverage.....

IN UK and other parts of Europe they offer so much leverage even on CFD's

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Forex is unbeatable long term unless you've got a huge bankroll and a solid line on pre press information from a serious player in a major bank or financial institution. If you're planning positions on news you're reading in the papers you've already lost.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    You try to call tops and bottoms. Nobody, not even most pros can do that with any real success. Change your tactics. Or fade yourself. Seriously, I know people that do and crush it.
    Pretty sure JJ always calls bottoms

jjgold

Forex only works SCALPING meaning very short duration trades

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Forex is unbeatable long term unless you've got a huge bankroll and a solid line on pre press information from a serious player in a major bank or financial institution.
    I love the way people who never traded forex talk about forex. I have none of these things, and I trade professionally. All I do with news events is know when they're coming so I can avoid them.

Forex is all charts fellas, why do people think it's all news related? News can move the market, especially the big events, but you shouldn't trade by it. If you do, of course you're going to lose your money.

Ralphie Halves

Forex only works SCALPING meaning very short duration trades
    Again, more "truisms" on forex. I trade off of 4-hour and daily charts. It's more accurate than short term charts, and less stressful. I'm even able to absorb light to medium news events that don't go my way and wait for it to correct.

It doesn't really matter what I say, does it? The -EV choice seems to be the only choice at SBR.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I love the way people who never traded forex talk about forex. I have none of these things, and I trade professionally. All I do with news events is know when they're coming so I can avoid them.

Forex is all charts fellas, why do people think it's all news related? News can move the market, especially the big events, but you shouldn't trade by it. If you do, of course you're going to lose your money.
    Kind of like all the gamblers here who think THEY KNOW BETTER. it's obvious many don't understand or even watch the games. Like they say, their is the game within the game and people don't pay attention.
    Ralphie, 10 year note keeps dropping, trouble on the horizon?? ECB on Thursday, lots of volatility coming! GL

SharpAngles

Lol I've got about 5k on Oanda that I play with but I'm no professional. Without a huge bankroll how are you making a "professional" wage? A couple pips a day should be the goal long term and without a big roll how do you make those pips worth serious money?

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...and-right-now/

by the way this is the type of prepress information I'm referencing. These guys know which banks are taking which positions and how that will effect the market before anybody else and it will never stop. The amount of money involved guarantees it.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Kind of like all the gamblers here who think THEY KNOW BETTER. it's obvious many don't understand or even watch the games. Like they say, their is the game within the game and people don't pay attention.
    Ralphie, 10 year note keeps dropping, trouble on the horizon?? ECB on Thursday, lots of volatility coming! GL
    No doubt. People back home honestly think because I live in Vegas, I play blackjack, bang hookers and go to shows on the Strip all the time. I trade forex, bang the Asian girl who lives across the street every once in a blue moon, and play Skyrim all the time. People are retards.

I don't follow treasury notes or bonds or anything like that. Some traders like to, but I try to keep my info levels low and keep it as simple as I can.

This week's ECB is a really really big one. It's an "everybody out of the pool", have all of your Euro, Franc, and Dollar positions sewn up already events. I'll be sleeping through it.

Ralphie Halves

Lol I've got about 5k on Oanda that I play with but I'm no professional. Without a huge bankroll how are you making a "professional" wage? A couple pips a day should be the goal long term and without a big roll how do you make those pips worth serious money?

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...and-right-now/

by the way this is the type of prepress information I'm referencing. These guys know which banks are taking which positions and how that will effect the market before anybody else and it will never stop. The amount of money involved guarantees it.
    To your points...

1) I trade a firm's money, not my own.
    2) Forex is absolutely rigged, as is every other market. The cool thing is that the banks move in patterns that can be easy to spot sometimes. Makes for high-probability trades.

edit: Saw you are on Oanda. Just be careful with them. They have a bad rep for widening spreads to ridiculous levels, which knocks out people's stop-losses for no good reason. It's worse on their mt4 platform than it is with fxtrade, but still pretty bad.
    Last edited by Ralphie Halves; 01-20-15 at 12:59 PM.

jjgold

The MT platform is antiquated now

If you're going to trade FX be at the computer and don't put a stop loss on as you can manually control it

Trader station is pretty good

I sometimes put on auto trader mode where hot traders you can follow and puts the trade-in auto

It's web-based and on the FXCM platform

Ralphie Halves

If you're going to trade FX be at the computer and don't put a stop loss on as you can manually control it

I sometimes put on auto trader mode where hot traders you can follow and puts the trade-in auto

MT4 is the shit, and will never be out-dated IMO. MT5 is here, but I hope it stays a niche.

I don't trade with a stop-loss, but I'm in the minority.

Is that Mirror-Trader? FXCM keeps pimping that, but I was never interested.

jjgold

Yes mirror trader

SharpAngles

Ralphie,

I see what you mean now about bankroll but come on, your firm must have a decent roll that you're playing with. I'd bet your pips would put ours to shame. I'm curious why no stop loss? Also, any particular reasons you discount watching the higher resolution charts, i.e 5m, 15m, other than personal preference?

You're right about Oandas high spreads. This thread inspired me to fire it up and look at some charts. Ended up shorting the Aussie and riding it down from 78 to 65 but paid 2.8 in spread. I really like their mobile platform and stability compared to others I tried so I look at it as a little extra cost for that. Then again my pips are only worth a couple bucks and I only take a few positions a week for hopefully short time frames.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Who tha fukk is this and what have u done with jj

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Who tha fukk is this and what have u done with jj
    I am highly experienced in forex, spread betting, cfd's, futures, brokers all over the globe

Ralphie Halves

Ralphie,

I see what you mean now about bankroll but come on, your firm must have a decent roll that you're playing with. I'd bet your pips would put ours to shame. I'm curious why no stop loss? Also, any particular reasons you discount watching the higher resolution charts, i.e 5m, 15m, other than personal preference?
    I wait for candles to close, then I make my decision as far as what to do next. With the system I use, it works better that way. My system fails and I take a loss only after it closes and confirms it. Gives me a way better feel for if it actually did fail, or if I just need to ride out some drawdown before it starts going my way again.

I will put a stop loss up when major news events are going on just to avoid catastrophe, but I'll take it down soon after.

A few good reasons to go with higher timeframes:

1) They are more accurate, it's undisputed. Whether you use support & resistance lines, indicators, chart patterns, whatever, they have a greater success rate the higher timeframe you go. That alone should be game over since one is more +EV than another.

2) I live in the pacific time zone, and don't always want to stay up all night while the market moves the most during the London and US sessions. A lot of times I'm up anyway like right now, but life is so much better when you only really have to check in every so often.

3) With small time frames, news events, even fairly minor ones can kill you. With the larger timeframes like I was saying earlier, you can absorb the ones that doesn't go your way, if your overall bias is correct.

So I can be more +EV and get better sleep and trade with less stress? Sign me up.

Oanda has great spreads overall, that's not their problem. Their bad rep comes from widening those spreads over the weekend or during news events way wider than most brokers, and it results in people's stop losses getting blown out for no reason. It's predatory. Good to see you're fired up though. Keep trading, keep improving!
    Last edited by Ralphie Halves; 01-21-15 at 05:19 AM.

SharpAngles

http://leaprate.com/2015/01/fxcm-let...tive-balances/

FXCM gets a 300 million bailout and is now trying to eat their cake too. Anybody who still holds a balance with them needs to think about getting the money out while you still can.

jjgold

They want money back that they are entitled to from clients

SharpAngles

I fully agree a trader is responsible for the leverage they're using in a bad trade. But if a broker advertises negative balance protection and even negative balance forgiveness on their front page how do they expect their customers to react? Especially after news FXCM got the money back plus another 50 million. Then pulls the "act of God" clause to extract money from the client base. Like the Swiss Bank removing the artificial floor of the franc was an act of god.

jjgold

The FXCM stock will go up also… They are not going anywhere and will flourish again

SharpAngles

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/citi-s...180252332.html

How much FXCM did you scoop up the past few days if you truly believe that? The bounce from .88 to the 2s was from the news that there was a bailout loan. Now everyone's realizing it was a stop gap to avoid breaking institutional capital rules and it's looking like repaying will be very difficult for them.

Ralphie Halves

http://leaprate.com/2015/01/fxcm-let...tive-balances/

FXCM gets a 300 million bailout and is now trying to eat their cake too. Anybody who still holds a balance with them needs to think about getting the money out while you still can.
    Curious as to why you would say that. They had their bailout, and they're using that money.

They're good to go. The phenomenon we just saw with the EUR/CHF probably won't happen again in our lifetime, and if it does, FXCM will have the right measures in place.

jjgold

I'm pretty sure they have a massive account base so they're not going anywhere

Most of the big shops in europe withstood this

First 123 Last