Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

No Wonder Dodgers paying Marlins 10 Million to take Dan Haren off their hands!!!

Wow this guy is a disgrace to the game of baseball!

He says he would rather retire if he can't play for a team that has spring training in Arizona!

Pretty amazing that a guy can be such a prick he is too good to work in South Beach and make millions of dollars playing a kids game in a brand new state of the art baseball park. ( A pitchers park at the that) This field holds the fly ball in the park better than just about any park in baseball. ( Dan Haren is a fly ball pitcher too)

And with the addition of Matt Latos and young phenom Jose Fernandez the Marlins could actually be a contender in 2015.

UNREAL this guey

Good move for the Dodgers shipping him out town. You simply cant win championships with guys like this on your team.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He wants to be near his family.

The Marlins knew about it before they even traded for him. They're going to get $10 million out of it, so they're happy.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

haha i hope the Marlins cut him and nobody picks him up.

be near his family SMH

guy gets paid millions and he gets 4 months vacation a year.

he could afford to move his family into a nice home in Biscayne Bay with a boat slip

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

People think this is fantasy or players can get up and move like chess pieces. They still have homes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i've heard in the NFL less than 20% of players live in the same city as the team they play for in the off season

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

That's because most nfl players are black, under 30, and from the south. What's Haren now? 33 34? Probably wants to settle down a little. Miami isn't for everyone.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

His family is in Southern California...and his kids are getting to the age where they miss him when he's gone so he wants to stay in So Cal...he's been saying it since last season

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

I believe he has been moderately intelligent with his earnings to this point in his career and is therefore financially set. Guy can choose when and where he wants to work and has made it clear if it doesnt work he is willing to retire. Good for him and hope he enjoys his family.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    His family is in Southern California...and his kids are getting to the age where they miss him when he's gone so he wants to stay in So Cal...he's been saying it since last season
    its just crazy most people who grew up playing baseball would give anything to be in his position and he just takes it all for granted.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

dude is only 34...to retire at that age shows you are just playing for the money.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Well I understand his want to be near family, but what on Earth has this guy done between the lines lately to be calling the shots? He's lucky to be pitching in the major leagues.
    Points Awarded:

TheLock gave smitch124 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well I understand his want to be near family, but what on Earth has this guy done between the lines lately to be calling the shots? He's lucky to be pitching in the major leagues.
    He made money and does not need to work. Therefore he can and will tell anyone that he wants to to just f.uck off.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    He made money and does not need to work. Therefore he can and will tell anyone that he wants to to just f.uck off.
    lol which makes him an asshole

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    He wants to be near his family.

The Marlins knew about it before they even traded for him. They're going to get $10 million out of it, so they're happy.
    Yup.

And Haren sucks.

Mere shell of his former self.

Tom Koehler can put up Haren #'s for much cheaper.

Can't wait till its official that Haren is gone.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    People think this is fantasy or players can get up and move like chess pieces. They still have homes
    Come on man,if they aren't prepared for getting up and moving like chess pieces,they are in the wrong line of work.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    its just crazy most people who grew up playing baseball would give anything to be in his position and he just takes it all for granted.
    Hell regret it,once it sinks in.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I agree...but if he's willing to walk away from 10 mil I guess more power to him. It's been done a few times before. Gil Meche and some other player I can't think of...