Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I will choose to ignore this last statement by you. It is classless, and frankly it is below even a total dirtbag like yourself.
    I take that statement back and shouldn't have said it but the facts remain whether you like or not. You are an addict and need some help. That's just all there is to it but I digress. The defense mechanism in you is strong. If you don't like what I say or disagree with me then you don't have to read this thread. Continue on with your lifestyle of gambling if that what makes you happy and I will continue on with my lifestyle of abstinence and helping folks. It's all good in da hood dawg.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    I take that statement back and shouldn't have said it but the facts remain whether you like or not. You are an addict and need some help. That's just all there is to it but I digress. The defense mechanism in you is strong. If you don't like what I say or disagree with me then you don't have to read this thread. Continue on with your lifestyle of gambling if that what makes you happy and I will continue on with my lifestyle of abstinence and helping folks. It's all good in da hood dawg.
    I suggest, since you are SOOOO happy not gambling, doing something more "productive" with your time. Your life is soooo good without gambling, so how about this... go live it. Why you on a forum telling people how bad gambling is if you are at peace with your life. If you were truly content you wouldn't worry about others.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Amazing how this fukkin no-name broke dikk teenager has so many ppl in here buying into his attention-whoring thread to begin with.
    Fukkin guy had 100 posts since he created his account before he made this fukkin thread.
    SBR has dismantled into a shit-slop.
    Put this piece of shit thread in the saloon where it belongs and stop being so desperate by keeping garbage like this in PT.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lame

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    I suggest, since you are SOOOO happy not gambling, doing something more "productive" with your time. Your life is soooo good without gambling, so how about this... go live it. Why you on a forum telling people how bad gambling is if you are at peace with your life. If you were truly content you wouldn't worry about others.
    Wrong. True contentment comes from helping others and not being a selfish prick.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Amazing how this fukkin no-name broke dikk teenager has so many ppl in here buying into his attention-whoring thread to begin with.
    Fukkin guy had 100 posts since he created his account before he made this fukkin thread.
    Put this piece of shit thread in the saloon where it belongs and stop being so desperate by keeping garbage like this in PT.
    In most cases darkness tends to resist the light. You are one of those cases. If you're content with being an addict then continue on with your ways. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and telling you to open this thread. Just shut up and move on you degenerate broke dikk fukk.

Swaggy P

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Lame
    Your mother's pussy.

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Because there are tons of visitors to SBR, also known as "silent readers", they are not as active as you in the forum but they do get to read this thread, and MAINLY the 1st post as well as the title ... for them noticing a thread of this kind in a sea of other bet-threats provides them some hope maybe someone does really understand them.

It could be a person who has just thrown $5,000 on an NBA bet picking a winning team or guessing the over/under line in live bet or before the game started or in live bet ... and it could be someone who bets $300/game but already lost his pants (i.e. lost over $50,000 in his lifetime) but still can't get out of gambling.

I love those threads, so if you have a problem and youuuu are feeling SOOOOO goooood with gambling, why don't you take your ass out of this thread and put it where it belongs - in 99% of the rest of the threads in this forum?

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I honestly can't understand idiots like you who have problems with someone who thinks different than what they think.
    As an (ex-)addict I used to see people talking about the need to stop ... there were times I disagreed with them but I never felt the need to throw them away or to bash them ... the most I felt was to disagree with their opinions.

Your lack of ability to accept a different opinion clearly reflects your selfishness - which reflects the big hole you're digging to yourself everyday ... just wake up already from your insidiousness, you're the one living on the wrong side of this world, whether you gamble or not!!
    Points Awarded:

snapperman2 gave dontknowhowtobet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swaggy P

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Saloon

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    Because there are tons of visitors to SBR, also known as "silent readers", they are not as active as you in the forum but they do get to read this thread, and MAINLY the 1st post as well as the title ... for them noticing a thread of this kind in a sea of other bet-threats provides them some hope maybe someone does really understand them.

It could be a person who has just thrown $5,000 on an NBA bet picking a winning team or guessing the over/under line in live bet or before the game started or in live bet ... and it could be someone who bets $300/game but already lost his pants (i.e. lost over $50,000 in his lifetime) but still can't get out of gambling.

I love those threads, so if you have a problem and youuuu are feeling SOOOOO goooood with gambling, why don't you take your ass out of this thread and put it where it belongs - in 99% of the rest of the threads in this forum?
    If you're going to kick an addiction, you have to want it. You have to go looking for help, help can't come looking for you. We might as well be passing out Big Books at the bar.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    If you're going to kick an addiction, you have to want it. You have to go looking for help, help can't come looking for you. We might as well be passing out Big Books at the bar.
    Help comes from other people who "experienced" this "habit" or "entertainment" however you want to call it.
    A person who wants to stop will find this thread useful and helpful to see that he's not alone and he's not the only one who seeks help and wants to stop.

The people who are causing harm here are those who want to silence this thread, and those who can't accept different opinions.
    As a university student who's going to graduate this year hopefully (with honors) and as one who lost his dad just a few months ago - I can tell you life has much more into it than just forums, gambling, sex and alcohol ... I don't know how to regard myself yet as a gambler, ex-gambler or not ... those definitions are meaningless ... but what's not meaningless is this idiotic and pathetic way and behavior of some members here who can't even think outside of their own box and outside of their own mind ... they see the OP of this thread as a prophet who says Zion will be destroyed and they want to kick him out ... he's not a prophet and he's not bringing any new agenda to this forum - he's just sharing his own experience, and unfortunately those who want to participate feel muted and silenced because of the idiots here who think they know better and think they know the best what's good for EVERYONE 100% in this forum ...

Just stop thinking you guys know what's good for everyone and if this is a US (=United States) based forum, then keep it with democracy and let those who want to express their opinion express it, and those who don't can just go and post in other threads - it's AS SIMPLE as THAT!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is proven without gamblers anonymous you cannot quit gambling… 100% proven

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Where did you get it from???

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16145

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Where did you get it from???

in this, but only 37% of people think that it is 100% proven

Attachment 77057

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

Attachment 77057

That pic is !

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

Attachment 77057
    lol .. I stopped gambling, at least for a long period of time, and I only went ever in my life - just once, one single time - to a Gambling Anonymous meeting - it was definitely not for me ... I felt like it was quite "robotic" conversation where the people there were just repeating the same thing every 5 minutes.

However it could be useful for others, what helped me the most is reading about it from books (no need to wait to get them physically, there is Kindle and others nowadays, you can start reading instantly) ... and likewise the best help is your friends, family, my wife in that aspect.

I don't believe I can change the world unless I change mine first.
    By the way I did talk to my wife about it today ... for the first time after such a long time the NBA finally started to work like I was expecting it to do so for such a long time ... the Knicks/Hornets game was trending UNDER all the way until the last 4 minutes of the game and then it went OVER ... same with the Dallas/Clippers game ... all these high lines of 215.5 went UNDER in the past few days (I just picked up the results from Covers, took me 2 minutes to look at it) ... and this one went OVER thanks to a high scoring 4th quarter especially in the end.

I appreciate it when it happens because honestly what's the difference between the NBA and Roulette now?
    There are no trends, you can be wrong picking up the UNDER because it would change in the last 4 minutes, or you could be right and the trend will go your way ... you never know when things will happen the way you expect them .... and same thing with Roulette ... where you play Black/Red ... in the end you never know what would be the outcome ..... but once the game is over - then everyone is so smart, knowing exactly what he should have done (why couldn't you do it BEFORE the game ended? Ask yourself that question)

On top of it all ... add the fact when you bet the NBA you risk 100 to get 91 at most ... and if you take the live betting then it's 83 you will be getting back at most ... just think about that ... even if you're hitting it well (which I doubt you do because you're smart, it's just your luck running for now) - then in the end when you'll hit a losing streak you would lose it in chunks of 100, not 83 .... ! Just think about it.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Hey, idonthaveacockthatworks.....

Is that really you? I saw on the news that some fat guy launched himself out of a 12th story window of the projects in south Chicago.....kind of assumed it was you.

When is your personal d-day?

dontknowhowtobet

Hey, idonthaveacockthatworks.....

Is that really you? I saw on the news that some fat guy launched himself out of a 12th story window of the projects in south Chicago.....kind of assumed it was you.

When is your personal d-day?
    I am not in the US so how could I jump out of a building in Chicago? In fact I've never been to Chicago ever in my life, except once in the airport only and that was 3 years ago.

Now who's the dummy?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

I am not in the US so how could I jump out of a building in Chicago? In fact I've never been to Chicago ever in my life, except once in the airport only and that was 3 years ago.

Now who's the dummy?
    Sorry. SBR is on high alert.

We don't want to lose you, but we know it is inevitable.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Now who's the dummy?
    If you're a euro you've got access to alot of soft books, when those self exclusions expire I could teach you how to have an edge on every bet you make.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    If you're a euro you've got access to alot of soft books, when those self exclusions expire I could teach you how to have an edge on every bet you make.
    I know what arbitrage is, it's not for me... thanks.

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Take it from someone who spent 11 years gambling...OP is 100% correct in every post he makes in this thread. Been 4 years now since I placed a bet.

Even when I had stretches when I'd win and cash out...I'd never buy anything with the winnings...know many others who'd never buy anything with the winnings either.

Gambling money has no home.
    Points Awarded:

dontknowhowtobet gave Bluetooth 24 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dontknowhowtobet

matt#1
    matt#1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetooth View Post
    Take it from someone who spent 11 years gambling...OP is 100% correct in every post he makes in this thread. Been 4 years now since I placed a bet.
    If you quitters are so wise, why do you still trawl through gambling forums? You're both getting that itch to bet.

Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by matt#1 View Post
    If you quitters are so wise, why do you still trawl through gambling forums? You're both getting that itch to bet.
    I have no itch. Haven't had an itch since I quit...that's because enjoying life is a million times better than gambling. One thing with gamblers is they know everything...when I gambled I knew everything too....which is why many in this thread respond with such anger. All you gamblers are right...it's not a disease and does not affect your health, family, friends and finances...and it's true, someday you'll make millions betting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swaggy P

Bluetooth

Oh and I was sent this thread by someone I know personally who gave up gambling a couple years ago.

Bluetooth

This forum is nothing different than addicts I know personally who play lotto tickets and pull tabs...what becomes most important to them after awhile is that everyone believes they're a winner....no matter if it's strangers on a forum or people you see daily.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

This forum is nothing different than addicts I know personally who play lotto tickets and pull tabs...what becomes most important to them after awhile is that everyone believes they're a winner....no matter if it's strangers on a forum or people you see daily.
    GO AWAY Casper.

Bluetooth

I'd be excited as hell for every Friday to come for 11 years...Not because it was the weekend and I was excited to spend time with my family and friends...but because it was payday and I'd reload my offshore account putting myself in isolation until Monday morning. Same old cycle. When I quit wagering I became a 10 times better, more productive, happier person.

Reading some of these threads and seeing post counts in the thousands...wow. I hope you're being paid to post. If not, you're exposing yourself of the life you lead.

Part of the way these forums are designed are done in ways to distract you taking your eyes off the prize.

Bluetooth

Sorry for the multiple posts...just up early and rambling...I was actually sent this thread a few days ago. What everyone does is their own personal choice, I wish you well.

Your given one life, make the most of it.

dontknowhowtobet

GO AWAY Casper.
    What gives you the right to tell him to GO AWAY? You're less than 2 years in this forum I have 6 years in my credit, I would like him to stay!

dontknowhowtobet

Your given one life, make the most of it.
    So so true.

dontknowhowtobet

Swaggy P

Even when I had stretches when I'd win and cash out...I'd never buy anything with the winnings...know many others who'd never buy anything with the winnings either.

Gambling money has no home.
    We appreciate your testimony here, thank you.

Exact same happened to me as well. All the winnings I had would always be "reinvested" and that would result in bigger bets and bigger losses. As long as I kept my adrenaline rush going that's all that mattered. Making the same small bets over and over would do nothing to increase that adrenaline and like a crack addict would always need a stronger and stronger dose to get a high.
    Last edited by Swaggy P; 01-11-15 at 08:31 PM.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    We appreciate your testimony here, thank you.

Exact same happened to me as well. All the winnings I had would always be "reinvested" and that would result in bigger bets and bigger losses. As long as I kept my adrenaline rush going that's all that mattered. Making the same small bets over and over would do nothing to increase that adrenaline and like a crack addict would always need a stronger and stronger dose to get a high.
    Exactly, I totally second this post.
    However, how Dollars2Donuts claims he has no rush and no adrenaline from gambling? Is he making up all of his stories?

First ... 567891011 ... Last