Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    If the country's citizens believe they are better off with only gov being able to carry, then my argument is too late anyway....These kinds of things happen everywhere, but if I was in that situation, I would be able to get myself out of it.
    Funny how the vast majority of citizens in a country with tighter gun laws want them, just the same as the vast majority of Americans want them I believe.

But you know what's really better for all those people of course.

Gun laws are not about your selfish personal need to dish out your own justice if offended against. They are about what is good for society.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Funny how the vast majority of citizens in a country with tighter gun laws want them, just the same as the vast majority of Americans want them I believe.

Gun laws are not about your selfish personal need to dish out your own justice if offended against. They are about what is good for society.
    I live in a place where most people own guns and a good number of those carry concealed in public, there is a gun in every restaurant at any given time, I've lived here my entire life and never have been in a gun fight or even seen one, not surprisingly the crime rate is very low considering the population...it's because people don't fukk with an armed society...here in the us, the big shootings only happen in "gun free zones"...what a shocker

NrmlCurvSurfr

Lol selfish blah blah blah....ask anyone in that cafe if they wished someone was carrying...who would say no?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are so far off base on thinking that the vast majority of Americans want tighter gun laws that you are not even in the same area code. The only Americans that want tighter gun laws are the Liberal fools in here who blindly follow Obama and his cronies like Pelosi and Reid. Americans want the right to defend themselves against killers like this guy. Only the totally ignorant think that he would not have killed many more people if the Aussie Police did not end it when they did. These people believe that they will be rewarded for sacrificing their lives. The only way that you can stop them from killing as many peopole as they can is to kill them. Do not let Obama fool you. He is the biggest screw up we have had in the White House in years. These Islamics could care less about human life and are more than willing to sacrifice their own life for some stupid religious cause.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vegas everyone has guns

pull a fast one and your dead

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are so far off base on thinking that the vast majority of Americans want tighter gun laws that you are not even in the same area code. The only Americans that want tighter gun laws are the Liberal fools in here who blindly follow Obama and his cronies like Pelosi and Reid. Americans want the right to defend themselves against killers like this guy. Only the totally ignorant think that he would not have killed many more people if the Aussie Police did not end it when they did. These people believe that they will be rewarded for sacrificing their lives. The only way that you can stop them from killing as many peopole as they can is to kill them. Do not let Obama fool you. He is the biggest screw up we have had in the White House in years. These Islamics could care less about human life and are more than willing to sacrifice their own life for some stupid religious cause.
    I get that I would feel personally able to protect myself if I had a hand gun in my home. And would not mind having one.

But honestly I think I am better protected by angry/desperate/unbalanced people in the society not having easy access to guns.

Anyway, you can keep your laws and I'm happy to live under ours.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I feel sorry for Muslims who don't support this crazy shit. There's already a somewhat bad sentiment towards them already and now this is just going to make it so much worse.

These wackos kept saying something was going to happen in Sydney or Melb's CBD so I guess this is it. Bloody frightening.
    huh, I feel sorry for them because I know it is another brain that was brainwashed to worship a human who married a child and raped her. And, that was just the start to his glorious achievements that have muslim's calling him the "model of conduct."

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I get that I would feel personally able to protect myself if I had a hand gun in my home. And would not mind having one.

But honestly I think I am better protected by angry/desperate/unbalanced people in the society not having easy access to guns.

lol, comical when you actually consider reality.

NrmlCurvSurfr

It's all good Optional, if I had come to the realization that my gov had disarmed me, I would have a hard time coming to grips too...ftr most guys that take gun rights serious and shooting serious, hope we never have to draw our gun in a defensive situation.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

But no ISIS flag - so it's different.

Authorities are searching for a gunman suspected of killing at least five people at three separate locations in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County early Monday.
    The first shooting was reported at 3:55 a.m. Monday in Lower Salford Township, about 45 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Police found a woman shot to death at the location, WPVI reported. Forensics investigators from Montgomery County could be seen investigating a unit there, and two bullet holes were visible, according to WCAU.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Why is this thread in players talk still?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

You wussy Australian bleeding heart Liberals gave up your guns so now defending yourselves and families is dependent upon your government…..How's that working out for ya?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Vast majority of Americans will fight and die to keep second amendment (I'am in a first hand position to know this) it's over 80% want no more infringement on laws pertaing the second.

What's good for society is one being able to defend themselves and not depend on Government agencies to do so. Ive seen entire villages and societies slaughtered because they had no way to defend themselves and the government that institutaed laws prohibiting them firearms was nowhere to be found to defend them. Slaughtered little kids, surrounded by grown healthy men who were more than capable of defending their village (if properly equipped) all dead, but somehow this mindset that killed hundreds of thousands of Jews persist.
    What about a women home alone who hears a B&E in her home at 0300 calls 911 and operator tells them to barricade in bathroom with a weapon cops are on an ETA of 10 minutes. Women has no gun and is found raped and throat slit and suspect long gone.
    Your mindset has added and abeited more murder than any other tyrant known to man.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    You wussy Australian bleeding heart Liberals gave up your guns so now defending yourselves and families is dependent upon your government…..How's that working out for ya?
    I 'think' pretty well since the strong gun control laws came in 20 odd years ago.

I owned rifles from a young age, and enjoyed hunting a lot btw. I would prefer if we could all be trusted with guns. But I don't think that is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Vast majority of Americans will fight and die to keep second amendment (I'am in a first hand position to know this) it's over 80% want no more infringement on laws pertaing the second.
    My info was outdated. It was a vast majority wanting tighter laws up until 2008. Now it's a coin toss.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

+1

Guns are fallical and gives a over reaching sense of empowerment and security.

And for all those talking 2nd amendment bawlshit, just remember how useful those guns were when the government decided to storm homes unannounced when looking for that kid in Boston a couple years back.

Keep your guns for they only do exponentially more harm than good as you americans have proven millions of times over...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

More people armed less violance

It's proven

I love guns

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    a lone gunman remains holed up in the Lindt cafe in Sydney's Martin Place. #9News
    guy is Muslim and demanding to speak to the Australian PM and to have the ISIS flag brought to him
    I heard it was 30 people and 5 have escaped so far
    It has been going on for hours
    I hope the Western Peoples begin to realize the price of incubating these Muslims in the capitals of European & in enclaves here at home in Dearborn & the Twin Cities is awfully high! The more excitable followers of Islam are very troublesome. 'Political Correctness' followed religiously has done great damage to 1st world countries, & will continue to do so unless the our so-called leaders wake up.

1500 Muslims are entering the US every month, my advice to all non-Muslims start drinking heavily & brace yourselves.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    More people armed less violance

It's proven

I love guns
    Yes.
    And since it is known, that concealed carrying stopped mass shootings and open carrying stopped all the lunatics running around commiting crimes, I think we should take this one step further and finally legalize open pointing in any situation. And finally, finally, the world is safe again.

(And I thought this thread was about Australia....)

NrmlCurvSurfr

You foreigners just don't understand the importance of the 2nd...and that's ok, bc it doesn't apply to you. But don't speak about it as if you have a clue...it's not about a cop busting into your house looking for a suspect, or having a small wang...you guys can't understand what you never had in the first place.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    I hope the Western Peoples begin to realize the price of incubating these Muslims in the capitals of European & in enclaves here at home in Dearborn & the Twin Cities is awfully high! The more excitable followers of Islam are very troublesome. 'Political Correctness' followed religiously has done great damage to 1st world countries, & will continue to do so unless the our so-called leaders wake up.

1500 Muslims are entering the US every month, my advice to all non-Muslims start drinking heavily & brace yourselves.
    lol we 'incubate' serial killer caucasians every 2nd week so whats your point?

1% must mean a entire culture to your mindset...

cool story bro

#illridewithyou

Optional

I live in a place where most people own guns and a good number of those carry concealed in public, there is a gun in every restaurant at any given time, I've lived here my entire life and never have been in a gun fight or even seen one, not surprisingly the crime rate is very low considering the population...it's because people don't fukk with an armed society...here in the us, the big shootings only happen in "gun free zones"...what a shocker
    It probably would help reduce some types of crime if everyone carried. But don't you end up with more domestic shootings and suicides?

I agree that us foreigners can't relate to the American gun experience and attitudes. And same in reverse.

NrmlCurvSurfr

It probably would help reduce some types of crime if everyone carried. But don't you end up with more domestic shootings and suicides?

I agree that us foreigners can't relate to the American gun experience and attitudes. And same in reverse.
    Many Americans including myself, look at a firearm as a tool. We grew up being taught to be safe and respect the tool, just like a band saw or a hydraulic press, it's not the first thing we think of grabbing when in an argument...It's like how when someone cuts you off on the road you don't just slam your car into them...now I'll admit that suicide (by gun) might be lower if you outlawed guns, but the crime stats far outweigh suicides/domestic violence w/gun.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Racism is picked up, or in other words, it's learned, from a parent, friend, or whatever.
    No one comes out of the womb, born thinking, "I'm white skinned, I am better than the babies that are black skinned".
    Or "Mommy and Daddy are Jewish, we are the chosen ones", or "Mommy and Daddy or Catholic, we are better than the Jewish" etc etc etc
    Catholics think they're better than Protestants, not Jews.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    +1

Guns are fallical and gives a over reaching sense of empowerment and security.

And for all those talking 2nd amendment bawlshit, just remember how useful those guns were when the government decided to storm homes unannounced when looking for that kid in Boston a couple years back.

Keep your guns for they only do exponentially more harm than good as you americans have proven millions of times over...
    kinda strange to hear this from someone that's anti-authority/government.

once the government disarms its citizens, they're one step closer to total control.

if there were laws to ban guns all around the world, there would be one world dictatorship by the ultra-rich evil fukks.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Aus is the worst racist country of all the remaining western countries, backing many recent incidents against Indians, Muslims and Blacks. And people who call themselves are original citizens of Aus were infact boat people from England, not to mention they were shipped from England for being criminals.
    stop your crying. it's not news that people don't want muslims or blacks in their country.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    didn't realize muslims lived there... i guess they're everywhere.
    Australia is closer to Muslim countries than the US. Get a world atlas and study it.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Aus is the worst racist country of all the remaining western countries, backing many recent incidents against Indians, Muslims and Blacks. And people who call themselves are original citizens of Aus were infact boat people from England, not to mention they were shipped from England for being criminals.
    This is nonsense.

Australia is full of open border communists and we have race hate laws that will put you in jail if you hurt someones feelings.

The Indian bashing were committed by arab hooligans because they're easy targets, although I found the Indian media's reaction amusing considering they have a caste system and the Indian's that are fortunate to visit Australia have done so at the expense of their countrymen, although they don't consider them human.

Aboriginals are given preferential treatment, although the government has no idea the extent that they should intervene to help these people.

We allow mass unskilled third world immigration and are basically a nation of masochists.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    kinda strange to hear this from someone that's anti-authority/government.

once the government disarms its citizens, they're one step closer to total control.

if there were laws to ban guns all around the world, there would be one world dictatorship by the ultra-rich evil fukks.
    You have to realize that Australians have been indoctrinated into this position through the education system, government propaganda and media. To the point were people are patriotic over the gun ban, even the so called "conservatives" are totally obtuse to this matter and it is not up for discussion.

Dr.Gonzo

You foreigners just don't understand the importance of the 2nd...and that's ok, bc it doesn't apply to you. But don't speak about it as if you have a clue...it's not about a cop busting into your house looking for a suspect, or having a small wang...you guys can't understand what you never had in the first place.
    We never had freedom of speech either to be honest.

There may have been a time were a first amendment type law would have had public support but we are now proudly anti free speech.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

In a chocolate shop

How cliche

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    You have to realize that Australians have been indoctrinated into this position through the education system, government propaganda and media. To the point were people are patriotic over the gun ban, even the so called "conservatives" are totally obtuse to this matter and it is not up for discussion.
    Its not that as much as Aussies look at America and see the levels of gun violence that exist and think 'not us'.

You yanks teach the rest of us important lessons on what type of society we dont want and that is one where fear does not dominate the everyday...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Suspect sought in 6 shooting deaths near Philadelphia

Guy is even military

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3716

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    This is nonsense.

Australia is full of open border communists and we have race hate laws that will put you in jail if you hurt someones feelings.

The Indian bashing were committed by arab hooligans because they're easy targets, although I found the Indian media's reaction amusing considering they have a caste system and the Indian's that are fortunate to visit Australia have done so at the expense of their countrymen, although they don't consider them human.

Aboriginals are given preferential treatment, although the government has no idea the extent that they should intervene to help these people.

We allow mass unskilled third world immigration and are basically a nation of masochists.
    What CIA's torture record against the alleged terrorist suspects in Guantanamo and elsewhere is nothing compared to what Aussies do it to boat people in Christmas Island.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Its not that as much as Aussies look at America and see the levels of gun violence that exist and think 'not us'.

You yanks teach the rest of us important lessons on what type of society we dont want and that is one where fear does not dominate the everyday...
    Why would you look at violent areas of America to decide your position on firearms, although the areas with gun bans have the highest violent crime rates.

You could look at Switzerland instead.

First 12345 Last