ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

It'll be really funny if the Green Bay squares get buried again...0-4 ATS to start the season

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers has owned every field he's played on for years, but he's not right this year. If you've seen the games this year, he looks lost out there. I don't know if it's the lack of receivers or his bad o-line, but teams just roll coverage to Jordy and invite Boykin or some anonymous TE to try to beat single coverage. So far it's been enough to keep Rodgers in check.
    It's line play and play calling. Early in the season, for some reason, the Packers fall in love with longer developing routes. Eventually they start shortening up routes and getting the ball out to guys in space. If the Bears front plays really well, like the Lions did, they have a good shot. If they don't, Green Bay will score 30+ and more than likely get the win.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    OK, I guess I didn't mean bury as in they literally have no chance, but it would really set them back big. They could be 2 full games behind both Chi and Det with H2H losses to both. Not buried, but that's a big hole to climb from nonetheless. 8 wins is not going to get it done again.
    Every loss sets a team back. Every division loss or rival loss even more so, but SEA and DET also hurt them. It happens.

meader99

OK, I guess I didn't mean bury as in they literally have no chance, but it would really set them back big. They could be 2 full games behind both Chi and Det with H2H losses to both. Not buried, but that's a big hole to climb from nonetheless. 8 wins is not going to get it done again.
    On the flip side, if the Bears lose, it's a divisional home loss with 3 divisional road games ahead. Teams that want to win the division have to take care of divisional opponents at home and steal 1 or 2 on the road. Make no mistake, this game is just as important to the success of the Bears season as it is for the Packers, if not moreso.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Packers will win.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

i really like the packers in this spot. not because of the sense of urgency or any of that other hooplah, but this is a really good spot for GB to tee off on a beat up defense. chicago almost let Geno smith come back on them....

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I just talked to a friend of mine who bets professionally here in Vegas.

He said that Green Bay is the play for Sunday.

Reason being, Chicago just played two nationally televised games in a row and won both. They are playing a 3rd one this week where they are likely to lose simply because it is uncommon for a team to win three nationally televised games in a row.

Interesting perspective. He is successful in NFL this season and has used logic along these lines thus for. No stats. It's all about scheduling.

Because he is doing so well, I am going to tail his play this weekend

Green Bay -1
    Either you're not explaining your friend's angle on the game properly, or he should retire ASAP. If his only angle for making a play is that a team won back to back national games and is due to lose the third, any a-hole off the street could be a professional gambler.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Packers will win.
    Coming from the "Packers will win the Super Bowl guy", you had better hope so. "It's still early" only works for so long.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Coming from the "Packers will win the Super Bowl guy", you had better hope so. "It's still early" only works for so long.
    Jesus man. Talk about confrontational.

They're 1-2. It's a longggggg season. This is not a must win but I believe they will win this game.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play pai gow with some Asians that are connected and I believe I overheard Bears at the last minute is going to be the play. Do what you want with that info, I have several hours on Rosetta Stone so that makes it pretty solid info.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody got Cutler's numbers vs GB sitting around?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Jesus man. Talk about confrontational.

They're 1-2. It's a longggggg season. This is not a must win but I believe they will win this game.
    1-3 teams are like 12% to make the playoffs, let alone to win the SB. And then 0-2 against teams ahead in the division makes it that much longer. If they lose, their chance to make the playoffs is about 10% and chance to win SB less than 1%. Depends how you define "must."

slacker00

1-3 teams are like 12% to make the playoffs, let alone to win the SB. And then 0-2 against teams ahead in the division makes it that much longer. If they lose, their chance to make the playoffs is about 10% and chance to win SB less than 1%. Depends how you define "must."
    GB wasn't winning the SB this year anyway. GB only got in the playoffs last year because it was given to them.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Anybody got Cutler's numbers vs GB sitting around?
    Similar to his numbers against SF and on SNF.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    i really like the packers in this spot. not because of the sense of urgency or any of that other hooplah, but this is a really good spot for GB to tee off on a beat up defense. chicago almost let Geno smith come back on them....
    Except they didn't. Didn't GB let Geno take a 21-3 lead on them in their own stadium?

Bears D is not beat up. The injuries are to players whose replacements are superior. Bears drafted well and have stud rookies. The Bears injuries are actually more concerning on the offensive side.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

How can The Replacements be better than the starters?

This isn't keanu reaves we're talking about

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Bears beat SF but needed huge comeback to win. But good win. They also lost at home to Bills and barely beat a really bad Jets team. That tells me GB is play.

Bears beat jets by 8 on road. Pack beat jets by 7 at home. Both games had jets driving for tie. Transitive properties would tell you bears should be 5 point favs here roughly. They are 1 point dog. That tells me GB is play.

This is a watch no bet game for me but would be on packers.

I/O

fwiw

The Bears need gifts

It will be interesting to see if Rogers and Lacy are in a giving mood or not. Especially with the importance of this game and the opponent involved.

In the Bears two wins their opponents gave up the ball 7 times. This doesn't include the Christmas gift the Zebras game them costing the Jets a touchdown by blowing a play dead prematurely so you might as well say 8.

(as bad as they have been playing) The Packers have just three turnovers in three games.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

fwiw

The Bears need gifts

It will be interesting to see if Rogers and Lacy are in a giving mood or not. Especially with the importance of this game and the opponent involved.

In the Bears two wins their opponents gave up the ball 7 times. This doesn't include the Christmas gift the Zebras game them costing the Jets a touchdown by blowing a play dead prematurely so you might as well say 8.

(as bad as they have been playing) The Packers have just three turnovers in three games.
    This.

I/O

Similar to his numbers against SF and on SNF.
    sure

Cutler is 1-8 vs GB. And I think that win was in a game when Rogers got knocked out early. LOL

Cutler has averaged just 169 yds per game.

Cutler has 9 td's and 17 INTERCEPTIONS

Cutler three times has posted a 43.5 passer rating or less in GB games

meader99

fwiw

The Bears need gifts

Not only did they get 4 turnovers from the 49ers, they also got 16 penalties. They got a great performance from Geno Smith. Jets probably win that game fairly easily if Mike Vick comes in.

meader99

sure

Cutler is 1-8 vs GB. And I think that win was in a game when Rogers got knocked out early. LOL

Cutler has averaged just 169 yds per game.

Cutler has 9 td's and 17 INTERCEPTIONS

Cutler three times has posted a 43.5 passer rating or less in GB games
    And sometimes Cutler likes to watch the game from the exercise bike.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave meader99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O

I don't know who's gonna win the game. Just "trying" to give the thread some balance.

More endless Homers than you can shake a stick at.

Would like someone accidentally wandering into this thread to get a big picture view of the game before they put their money down.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    And sometimes Cutler likes to watch the game from the exercise bike.

Maybe Derrick Rose will suite up for this one

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

I'm on da Bears +2

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Marshall is very gimpy. Forte is running for 35 yds/game. The Bears have been pretty lucky and Rodgers is too good to be held down by the Bears patchwork D. I see Rodgers/Nelson running wild like Week 2. Cutler is always much more likely to make the big mistakes with the team on his shoulders. I like GB big...alt line GB -7.5 or something but Rodgers prop plays might be easier?

slacker00

I don't know who's gonna win the game. Just "trying" to give the thread some balance.

More endless Homers than you can shake a stick at.

Would like someone accidentally wandering into this thread to get a big picture view of the game before they put their money down.
    This is hilarious. What are you smoking?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Nice one I just heard:

Packers 10-3 ats against Bears with Rodgers and -1 is lowest they've ever been fav'd

dbear808
    dbear808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1067

When the Bears play the Packers, they are like a spider trying to climb a 20 foot wall. They get 1 foot away from the top and then fall 10 feet. They do not know how to finish that team off! They could not beat them last year when all the chips were on the table even though Rogers was playing after a lengthy absence. If that doesn't say something about their mental state when they play the Packers, I don't know what does. As long as Rogers wears the green and gold, the Packers will beat the Bears because he is clutch. Cutler can put up his impressive numbers, but he needs to be better when it matters the most. He hasn't shown that yet. Will he ever?

slacker00

Cutler is having his best year ever and he's healthy. These aren't the 2010 GB SB champs coming to town.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Packers will win.
    golden goose of fade has spoken!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dbear808 View Post
    When the Bears play the Packers, they are like a spider trying to climb a 20 foot wall. They get 1 foot away from the top and then fall 10 feet. They do not know how to finish that team off! They could not beat them last year when all the chips were on the table even though Rogers was playing after a lengthy absence. If that doesn't say something about their mental state when they play the Packers, I don't know what does. As long as Rogers wears the green and gold, the Packers will beat the Bears because he is clutch. Cutler can put up his impressive numbers, but he needs to be better when it matters the most. He hasn't shown that yet. Will he ever?
    Ummm, Cutler had an excellent game with the chips on the table last year. It would have "mattered most" if Conte had not fallen or Peppers had gotten to Rodgers.

IMO this is the worst GB team since Rodgers has been there. And it's the best since Cutler has been in Chi.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

IMO this is the worst GB team since Rodgers has been there. And it's the best since Cutler has been in Chi.
    Maybe the Bears roster is better but compare who will be ready to go on the field Sunday. Look at their injury report. Some key players look like they will not be 100% even if they do get out there.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

There were key players hobbled in the Niner game too.

Then there were some people who thought the Jets would would beat them.

Now a struggling GB team that could only muster up 7 points against Detroit is now going to beat them. Sounds reasonable..

I feel pretty good taking the home team with points in this one.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Packers should win. Coach's job on the line if they lose to the lowly Bears.

First 12345 ... Last