STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

The ACC won't exist in 10 years, and the future of college football

ACC Teams already gravitating to the Big Ten... Florida St and Clemson will bolt to the SEC... NCAA wants 4 super conferences... Big Ten, SEC, PAC 12, Big 12... will likely have 16 teams each... 4 team playoff, maybe an 8 team playoff in the future... in an 8 team playoff the first round will be the 4 major bowls (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta)... 2nd round of two games will generate that much more revenue... and the Title game as well. They will find a slick name for these bowls. Might see a College title game and a Super Bowl back to back nights.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

whose to say it won't be big 12 that breaks up?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    geography

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't like All these superconferences takes away the coziness of college sports

STAX

Wait till there's an 8 team playoff. Then you will love it

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    ACC Teams already gravitating to the Big Ten... Florida St and Clemson will bolt to the SEC... NCAA wants 4 super conferences... Big Ten, SEC, PAC 12, Big 12... will likely have 16 teams each... 4 team playoff, maybe an 8 team playoff in the future... in an 8 team playoff the first round will be the 4 major bowls (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta)... 2nd round of two games will generate that much more revenue... and the Title game as well. They will find a slick name for these bowls. Might see a College title game and a Super Bowl back to back nights.
    Are you insane?

Do you have any concept of how healthy the ACC is financially?

One team.. ONE team.. Maryland moved to the Big 10. And they blow. The ACC replaced them with Louisville, a much stronger athletic program.

You look at a shitty program like Maryland moving to the Big 10 2 years ago, and you come to the conclusion that teams are gravitating to the Big 10? Only on SBR...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323, Noles1992, stevenash, and Da Manster!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Nope. As long as there's basketball the ACC will thrive. Plenty of money there.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

and notre dame?

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

This is very wrong.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I think the Big 12 would dissolve before the ACC. The only thing is would a conference accept Texas with their own network, and let them be the big dog.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

ACC is one hell of a basketball league. Their football sucks tho.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No chance. FSU isn't going anywhere, the ACC is just fine.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    ACC is one hell of a basketball league. Their football sucks tho.
    They have the defending national champ, it can't be that bad.

And, last time I checked... the team picked 3rd in the ACC just rolled into the Horseshoe and kicked Ohio State's ass.

chico2663

if your bragging about beating ohio state with freshman qb than you have issues

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Must be an ohio st fan

Hilarious thread

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

idiot number 198837982 here on sbr

its amazing how dumb people are

chico2663

many things i am but dumb isn't one of them. I pounded va tech. ohio state started 4 new lineman soph and freshman. qb who hadn't played in awhile!if I knew you were so smart I would of bet on you to win beat the prick!

chico2663

Also the big ten is a joke in football.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Are you insane?

Do you have any concept of how healthy the ACC is financially?

One team.. ONE team.. Maryland moved to the Big 10. And they blow. The ACC replaced them with Louisville, a much stronger athletic program.

You look at a shitty program like Maryland moving to the Big 10 2 years ago, and you come to the conclusion that teams are gravitating to the Big 10? Only on SBR...
    Financially the B1G blows the ACC out of the water...

chico2663

i hate o.s.u . I have it worse. I root for texas,cincy and whoever is playing notre dame

chico2663

i am a butch jones fan
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

chico2663

although out of 5 conferences; a.c. is the poorest. U of l came in and they are either first or 2nd in the amt. of money that they spend on sports. As a u.c. fan it sucks that nancy z. killed us so much that a.c.c. won't accept us.

SamDiamond

although out of 5 conferences; a.c. is the poorest. U of l came in and they are either first or 2nd in the amt. of money that they spend on sports. As a u.c. fan it sucks that nancy z. killed us so much that a.c.c. won't accept us.
    Completely wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45lmel/3-acc/

This was the reported incomes for the Big 5 power conferences in 2013-14.

1. Big 10 Total Revenue 310 mill (Of which 250 mill came from TV)
    1. Pac-12 Total Revenue 310 mill (Of which 250 mill came from TV)
    3. ACC Total Revenue 293 mill (Of which 240 mill came from TV)
    4. SEC Total Revenue 270 mill (Of which 205 mill came from TV)
    5. Big 12 Total Revenue 262 mill (Of which 200 mill came from TV)

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Completely wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45lmel/3-acc/

This was the reported incomes for the Big 5 power conferences in 2013-14.

1. Big 10 Total Revenue 310 mill (Of which 250 mill came from TV)
    1. Pac-12 Total Revenue 310 mill (Of which 250 mill came from TV)
    3. ACC Total Revenue 293 mill (Of which 240 mill came from TV)
    4. SEC Total Revenue 270 mill (Of which 205 mill came from TV)
    5. Big 12 Total Revenue 262 mill (Of which 200 mill came from TV)
    Take away the TV revenue and ACC is the poorest... if by poor you mean least rich that is. None of the conferences are struggling financially... but the NCAA wants 4 super conferences. It all comes down to geography... and the Big Ten isn't going anywhere. Leaves the ACC as the odd conference out. Big East is already gone, ACC is next. These moves have been in the works for years

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Take away the TV revenue and ACC is the poorest... if by poor you mean least rich that is. None of the conferences are struggling financially... but the NCAA wants 4 super conferences. It all comes down to geography... and the Big Ten isn't going anywhere. Leaves the ACC as the odd conference out. Big East is already gone, ACC is next. These moves have been in the works for years
    the ncaa doesnt want 4 super power conferences ....

chico2663

i got a bet with a friend that he states u texas will be playing in another conference because the 12 will fold.

STAX

i got a bet with a friend that he states u texas will be playing in another conference because the 12 will fold.
    I will listen to the argument that the Big 12 will fold instead if the ACC... I just feel it all comes down to geography. I cant see 3 out of the 4 conferences being east of the Mississippi. Doesn't bode well for TV revenue, and that's where the bottom line lies

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Since when does the NCAA, or any so called sanctioning body care about geography? West Virginia's in the Big 12 for christ's sake. And Maryland in the midwest? They go where the money is. I'll lay you odds the NCAA is gone long before the ACC. Out of the blue they're offering more autonomy to the big 5, basically allowing them to write their own rules? They see the writing on the wall. The NCAA is one vote away from extinction, at least as far as the big time football programs are concerned. What do they need them for?

Regarding TV, everything is based on the east anyway. Always has been.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Since when does the NCAA, or any so called sanctioning body care about geography? West Virginia's in the Big 12 for christ's sake. And Maryland in the midwest? They go where the money is. I'll lay you odds the NCAA is gone long before the ACC. Out of the blue they're offering more autonomy to the big 5, basically allowing them to write their own rules? They see the writing on the wall. The NCAA is one vote away from extinction, at least as far as the big time football programs are concerned. What do they need them for?

Regarding TV, everything is based on the east anyway. Always has been.
    good points, but NCAA or no NCAA I feel we will see 4 super conferences some time in the next decade. Whether its the ACC or Big 12 conceding, we can argue about that. It just makes too much sense for there to be 4 super conferences. 4 team playoff, 8 team playoff... use the 4 major bowls as round 1 or use the conference title games as round one... it doesnt matter but change is coming, big change. It kind of already has come.......
    Last edited by STAX; 09-11-14 at 04:05 PM.

SECguru
    SECguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

SEC may add a couple teams but it won't be them two. They try not to add a team from the same state they already have a team in. North Carolina and Vtech is a more possible outcome

SamDiamond

I will listen to the argument that the Big 12 will fold instead if the ACC... I just feel it all comes down to geography. I cant see 3 out of the 4 conferences being east of the Mississippi. Doesn't bode well for TV revenue, and that's where the bottom line lies
    Not much of a population base in the Big 12 when you have Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and West Virginia making up 6 of your teams.

Even with the population base of Texas, the Big 12 pales in population numbers to the ACC.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

other conferences tried twice in the past 4 years to break up the BIG 12 but the BIG 12 still stands

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

^ I am pretty sure there will be the Power 5 for a while as Sam said. I could see Texas going to SEC at some point and maybe OU going to Pac 12. pretty sure the Big 12 will fold first. Btw the ACC is only second to SEC in the NFL draft over the last few years so I think they are going to keep getting the TV revenue with great players playing in both Football and hoops, and dont forget baseball.The stadiums are huge and packed.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    ^ I am pretty sure there will be the Power 5 for a while as Sam said. I could see Texas going to SEC at some point and maybe OU going to Pac 12. pretty sure the Big 12 will fold first. Btw the ACC is only second to SEC in the NFL draft over the last few years so I think they are going to keep getting the TV revenue with great players playing in both Football and hoops, and dont forget baseball.The stadiums are huge and packed.
    the Pac 12 flirted with OU twice in the past 4 years and was sent away with its tail between its legs.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are so unbelieveably stupid that it is just amazing. You know NOTHING about College Football. If you did, you would know that the SEC members have an agreement that does NOT allow any team from a State that already has a team in the SEC to add a second. That eliminates Florida and South Carolina, along with every other SEC East team. Why do you think that Louisville ended up in the ACC? Because Kentucky stopped them from even thinking about going to the SEC. Florida shuts out Florida State. Georgia keeps Tech out. South Carolina stops Clemson. Game, set and match. You may want to do some research before you go running your mouth off.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash, and GunShard

12 Last