homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Huge huge huge black eye on nfl. Goodell must go and here's why:

If it's true that the nfl received the video of the elevator punch, then goodell is guilty of horrible management in not addressing it by giving ray rice a max suspension months ago. It would appear to be gross mismanagement of an extremely serious offense and quite frankly would stink of a cover up to protect the nfl's reputation.

if his office did not ask for the video that was clearly available, then he is guilty of incompetence.

either way this is a pr nightmare for the league and they risk losing too many women as fans. This can have major consequences going forward so goodell has got go, and soon.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Major consequences? Probably a little much as I'd guess there primary fan base probably thinks its crap what Rice did but they arent going to miss sweating there fantasy teams, parlays, whatever for the NFL. The owners love Goodell.

There will be a few groups that try to make a noise about but my guess is it will blow over in a week or so and he will stay on(maybe some half way punishment or something)

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I think whomever was going to watch the NFL will continue watching the NFL.

Nothing has changed since the first tape in most people's opinion: Ray Rice is a piece of shit, and Roger Goodell is a slimy, piece of shit lawyer.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The facts go like this.

1. Roger Goodell witnessed the punch months ago. Never said a word about it.

2. TMZ released the "punch video" to the public.

3. NFL suspends Rice indefinitely. Had no other choice.

4. Roger Goodell lied directory to the camera on the morning show and said he didn't see the video tape "punch" until the other day.

Take a good look at Goodell's face when he answered that question. What a complete liar that dude is.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave TheMoneyShot 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lmao at independant investigation consisting of FORMER fbi dude and the steelers and giants owner
    more bullshit
    nothing will happen unless the money gets mad
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave face 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

homie1975

Ray rice spit on her a few times as well and if u watch the video about 12 times in a row like I did you'll see he took two left handed swings at her in the elevator
    Last edited by homie1975; 09-11-14 at 01:06 AM.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

The investigation is being over seen by 2 nfl owners. That's all you need to know right there

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I think whomever was going to watch the NFL will continue watching the NFL.

Nothing has changed since the first tape in most people's opinion: Ray Rice is a piece of shit, and Roger Goodell is a slimy, piece of shit lawyer.
    Nothing has changed? The suspension went from 2 gms to Indefinite from the nfl and he got released from the ravens. None of that happened after the first tape which only shows her unconscious but not how it happened.

Come on man

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Nothing has changed? The suspension went from 2 gms to Indefinite from the nfl and he got released from the ravens. None of that happened after the first tape which only shows her unconscious but not how it happened.

Come on man
    What I meant is nothing has changed in the eyes of NFL fans.

The same number of people will watch the games that did before. The NFL isn't losing any viewership.

homie1975

The fbi guy Mueller and the nfl owners mara and rooney are all honorable men imo and the truth will come out. When it does Goodell will look like shit. Book it

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Only one with a black eye is Janay and she doesn't even give a shit. Time to move on.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Who cares about this? I can't believe people spend this much time talking about this. Months ago we saw her dragged out of the elevator. How the fuk do you think that happen? It's no surprise. Espn needs to sell commercials, women's groups want to get their names on channels so they can get more donations, everyone is using this for their own benefit stop pretending like you care. These two probably beat the sh.it out of each other every day behind close doors. Now we have to talk about goodell lying. Jesus Christ all these guys lie everyday. You don't think the next guy in will lie? Please!

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Who cares about this? I can't believe people spend this much time talking about this. Months ago we saw her dragged out of the elevator. How the fuk do you think that happen? It's no surprise. Espn needs to sell commercials, women's groups want to get their names on channels so they can get more donations, everyone is using this for their own benefit stop pretending like you care. These two probably beat the sh.it out of each other every day behind close doors. Now we have to talk about goodell lying. Jesus Christ all these guys lie everyday. You don't think the next guy in will lie? Please!
    That's what I don't get, we knew what happened but had to see it to be outraged?

Unreal, shit has been over. I get the NFL having to take a stance for their image. More media bullshit, feeding the sheep and ruining whatever they can for a dollar. Can't blame 'em, we allow it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys don't forget Ray Rice describe the incident just like we saw on the video tape to everybody before

There was no secrets although when you see it of course it's bad

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Anyone who thinks Goodell is going anywhere clearly doesn't understand business very well. He's going nowhere.

I can guarantee there isn't a single owner who has any intention of upsetting that apple cart.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the only way Goodell gets fired is if people stop watching the NFL.

ratings will be higher than after this scandal. Espn , Tmz, and fox news are all acting like they are so
    concerned but secretly they couldnt be happier about the way this has unfolded.

Fear sales and the shock value type stories sell. If they were talking about uplifting positive stories the sad truth is nobody would tune into to watch.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Only one with a black eye is Janay and she doesn't even give a shit. Time to move on.
    battered wide syndrome plus she knows they need the cash cow back on the football field

homie1975

Those of u who don't understand why this is a big deal are completely and I mean completely out of touch with reality. You would do yourselves some good by taking time away from looking for your next high, I mean your next bet, and get to know the world outside your window.

Cuse0323

battered wide syndrome plus she knows they need the cash cow back on the football field
    Everyone here says that but not sure if they even know what that means. But, I'm out of touch with reality I guess.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

I'll never forgive Goodell for what he did to the Saints a few years ago.

This is trivial compared to that.

homie1975

Everyone here says that but not sure if they even know what that means. But, I'm out of touch with reality I guess.
    Cuser if u dont know what battered wife syndrome means then yes you are out of touch with reality my friend. I mean no disrespect by that. I was there too many moons ago when betting and sports betting boards ran my life

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

you mean the saints organization that was warned against bounties but did it again and then lied to cover it up? talk about being completely blind man. Open your eyes and take off your saints gold glasses!!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

a bounty situation whereby the team was completely in the wrong, is more important than goodell getting the punishment correct when a player knocks his girl the fukk out?

wow just wow. I have no words to describe your opinion other than disgusting.

Cuse0323

Cuser if u dont know what battered wife syndrome means then yes you are out of touch with reality my friend. I mean no disrespect by that. I was there too many moons ago when betting and sports betting boards ran my life
    Reading comprehension is strong on this board as well. No use in arguing.

I know what it means.

Cuse0323

Hilarious though..."I was there too many moons ago when betting and sports betting boards ran my life"

Yes you are so much better than I, granted I don't even bet and this board fair from runs my life especially right now.

homie1975

Reading comprehension is strong on this board as well. No use in arguing.

I know what it means.
    oh i see you said that others say that but you are not sure if THEY even know what that means. Anyhow, fir you to think that janay does not care just shows that you really do not understand battered wife syndrome because you immediately assumed that she does not care, not that maybe she is going through something clinical.

as far as my missing your point, i am reading and typing fast because i am also working on a medical device sales proposal. I am a bit distracted. :-)

Cuse0323

And you immediately assume it's battered wife syndrome, unreal. Maybe just maybe she was telling us the truth which seems somewhat probable knowing that they both abuse each other. Not so common in battered wife syndrome but what do I know.

homie1975

She said that an incident of physical abuse has never happened between her and ray before. Yeah right.

She needs the cash cow. He is her mealticket. She will do whatever it takes to defend the man that knocked her the penetrate out

Cuse0323

She said that an incident of physical abuse has never happened between her and ray before. Yeah right.

She needs the cash cow. He is her mealticket. She will do whatever it takes to defend the man that knocked her the penetrate out
    Exactly. She is staying for the money, not because she is afraid and has a psychological condition.

homie1975

Exactly. She is staying for the money, not because she is afraid and has a psychological condition.
    The money and the help raising her kid is more important to have in her life than dealing with her fear is. A part of battered wife syndrome is financial and emotional dependence. You clearly have not read the full clinical definition and parameters of battered wife syndrome.

This convo is now closed cuser.

Cuse0323

Alright, in your mind it's closed. We'll go with that, don't need to waste time with this anyway. Unreal that people jump to the most extreme end of the spectrum. Are battered wife's using slapping around their husbands? I know damn sure, the ones I know would be petrified to ever do that. Stick with your liberal homies though, homie.

homie1975

Maybe in the past he never hit her super hard so she wasnt afraid of being hit. Then he decided to spit on her twice and knock her the fukk out. I am pretty sure if she knew he was going to knock her the fukk out, she wouldnt have taken a few small swings herself.

and fyi battered wife syndrome does not stipulate that the woman never fights back. It is a state of mind that keeps a woman in an abusive relationship. It does not mean she never once fights back. You sir are the one making it an extreme

Cuse0323

You're just reading the definition for any little possibility for a scenario where she has it for sure, so don't act like you know all about it. I'm not making it an extreme, I'm saying it's far from a definite and more probable that it's not what it is. You can have the last word, I'm done.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Check out this video. Gives some incite to what's going on victims minds in some situations. Not saying this situation is exactly the same, but does have some similarities.

12 Last