Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    his state of mind does matter if he was trying to buzz him. but we will never know because no one can make him take a lie detector test (ju$tice) and there is no way he will take one voluntarily.
    I don't even know how this is a debate, you can hear him hit the throttle and see the car kick sideways right at the kid.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't even know how this is a debate, you can hear him hit the throttle and see the car kick sideways right at the kid.

he definitely tried scaring the kid and it went far beyond that

Roles reversed Ward would've been locked up that night

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this is my take, could he have avoided ward? yes.

did he deliberately try to kill the kid? no.

but is he responsible for the kid's death? yes.

if this shit happened on the streets, the person driving the car would be charged with manslaughter.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    he definitely tried scaring the kid and it went far beyond that

Roles reversed Ward would've been locked up that night
    You're right.

I 100% do not think Stewart tried to kill the kid though. It was one of those times when keeping it real went wrong.

Vegas39

I 100% do not think Stewart tried to kill the kid though. It was one of those times when keeping it real went wrong.

no his intent was not to hit him IMO just to scare him by getting close

Kermit

But also, the kid made a very stupid decision to do what he did in the first place. Common sense should tell you when you are just meat that you shouldn't walk out onto a track full of 1,000 H.P. steel cars driving around.

I still blame Stewart for being cocky.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

But also, the kid made a very stupid decision to do what he did in the first place. Common sense should tell you when you are just meat that you shouldn't walk out onto a track full of 1,000 H.P. steel cars driving around.

yeah but the kid was high on weed. you know the drug that makes you violent and attack people. in this incident, race cars...

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

is it confirmed the kid was racing high????? or was it just in his system? if he was high, case closed...he was a danger to every driver out there. i don't demonize weed and am for legalization, but racing while high???? get the fukk out

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

The prosecutor did not even make the connection that the pot was the cause. he just mentioned at the end almost like an after thought.

It's a nice convenient excuse to take all blame away from Smoke for those that want to see it that way.

It's a shame for the family it had to be mentioned at all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    is it confirmed the kid was racing high????? or was it just in his system? if he was high, case closed...he was a danger to every driver out there. i don't demonize weed and am for legalization, but racing while high???? get the fukk out
    espn's making it seem like weed was the cause of the tragedy. obviously the guy wasn't high on weed when he was racing. it would be more believable if he were to be high on meth. he was amped not stoned...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3557

F@ck ESPN they are no different then a gossip mag.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-25-14 at 09:47 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11198

When has being cocky against the law? I'm not a fan of Nascar, certainly no friend of Stewart but both guys were cocky BUT Ward was also nuts for trying to chase down a race car on a short track. Think about that. Everyone has said he'd be alive if he stayed in the car.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    F@ck ESPN they are no different then a gossip mag.
    They carry Nascar of course they will side with Stewart. He is good for ratings

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Racing a car 100+ MPH stoned on weed should not be taken lightly at all nor should posters be should be taking that lightly at that point he is taking the lives of everyone racing and at the venue into his own hands. This is a completely different story now, from victim to criminal. He didn't deserve to die but he should not be honored the way he has been and his family should not receive one penny or skittle from anyone.
    criminal?

Mac4Lyfe

It really depends. If his THC level was off the charts then yes he was high as hell and that would be criminal. I'm thinking it was probably very low and should have zero baring on the case but he's fvuked because of the law.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It really depends. If his THC level was off the charts then yes he was high as hell and that would be criminal. I'm thinking it was probably very low and should have zero baring on the case but he's fvuked because of the law.
    criminal why? because hes driving a race car or ? Are they for sure he got high the day of the attempted buzzing fail?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

people like this.............
    The only way to explain what he did was that he was high. Who stands almost in the middle of a race track with cars speeding around? That is insane. Racing a car stoned is more of a danger than Stewart could ever be. The worst part is that his family is still trying to fight the decision??? Your son was stoned folks.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Racing a car 100+ MPH stoned on weed should not be taken lightly at all nor should posters be should be taking that lightly at that point he is taking the lives of everyone racing and at the venue into his own hands. This is a completely different story now, from victim to criminal. He didn't deserve to die but he should not be honored the way he has been and his family should not receive one penny or skittle from anyone.
    How do you know he was stoned during the race?

Marijuana can stay in your blood for a month...... no way to prove when he smoked... you just called a dead man a criminal because he smoked some bud?

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Kid was a dumbass, better it happened to him than him doing it to somebody else.
    Was a blessing to the racing world.

teaserpleaser

I doubt he was high or very high its hard to be that pissed off high ...its just not very likely. How many people you see that are really high enough to effect judgement that want to fight since i'm around cannabis and pot heads all day I can tell you zip zero.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Kid was a dumbass, better it happened to him than him doing it to somebody else.
    Was a blessing to the racing world.

PaperTrail07

Just remember you have a free pass to kill people if they get outta their car on the racetrack....aim right for him....there is a 50/50 he is "high" as well LMAO.....people man
    When has being cocky against the law? I'm not a fan of Nascar, certainly no friend of Stewart but both guys were cocky BUT Ward was also nuts for trying to chase down a race car on a short track. Think about that. Everyone has said he'd be alive if he stayed in the car.

Mac4Lyfe

Do a quick Google search for "Pedestrian fatally struck on Highway" and see how many people are killed walking where cars are moving fast. Now just think for a minute someone walking on a fvkking race track with fast moving race cars.

Why the hell blame the drivers? It's the fvkking nut cases walking on the road. Quit blaming the wrong people. Why the hell does this generation believe in rewarding stupid behavior? Nascar now had to pass a rule for drivers to not get out of their cars. WTF? Why are people so damn dumb that we have to pass laws to protect them from themselves??? Ward lacked common sense and lost his life for his stupidity. It sounds cruel because he's dead but it's the truth. Then we find out that he smoked marijuana too? It doesn't matter if he was high or not it's all about decision making and he clearly wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Just remember you have a free pass to kill people if they get outta their car on the racetrack....aim right for him....there is a 50/50 he is "high" as well LMAO.....people man

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Kid probably wanted headlines.

He got them.

Mac4Lyfe

Google... "stupid shit while high".

He may not have been very upset but standing in the middle of a race track with race cars buzzing by you would qualify as stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I doubt he was high or very high its hard to be that pissed off high ...its just not very likely. How many people you see that are really high enough to effect judgement that want to fight since i'm around cannabis and pot heads all day I can tell you zip zero.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3557

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    They carry Nascar of course they will side with Stewart. He is good for ratings
    Ofcourse

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

there is no way you're serious ted. but just in case, fuk you.

ItsMeMrMattE

@mac4lyfe. if ward wasn't the sharpest tool in the box for getting out of his car to confront another racer during a race, that makes stewart fukin silly putty.

Ted Sheckler

there is no way you're serious ted. but just in case, fuk you.

Guy gets out of car on racetrack, cars going 40+ miles per hour on a dirt track where handling isn't the greatest...The guy probably thought he was gonna Hulk the car and stop it where it was and pick it up and slam it on it's roof.

He wasn't hulk, he was a dumbass.

Confront the guy after the race like most normal racers do when they have a problem. Or have a fuking clue and get out of your car if you think that's the smart move and take your helmet off and whip it at the guys car from 20 feet away, what was he going to do getting 5 feet from the car?

A dumbass got what he had coming...He was heated, wonder what type of stupid thing he would do if he didn't get out of his car and continued to race, he probably would of went full speed into stewart in his car...Possibly seriously injuring someone else in the process.

Just imagine, he did this while getting out of his car...What would he have done if he was back in his car driving???

Very tough to feel sorry for stupid people doing stupid things...just the way the world is.

ItsMeMrMattE

by your own statement you should have been gone a long time ago, " a dumbass got what he had coming..."

PaperTrail07

Its ok so a pedestrian standing on the fast lane is at fault EVEN IF a guy shoots over 3 lanes at 100 and aims right for him....HMMMM again if they are on the road....guess its a free pass to hit them....You just act like he is completely innocent based on the fact the kid was standing on a racetrack.....you REFUSE to use your BRAIN from an honest judgment and just look at it on paper.....we get it the kid was standing on a racetrack....my god......
    Do a quick Google search for "Pedestrian fatally struck on Highway" and see how many people are killed walking where cars are moving fast. Now just think for a minute someone walking on a fvkking race track with fast moving race cars.

Why the hell blame the drivers? It's the fvkking nut cases walking on the road. Quit blaming the wrong people. Why the hell does this generation believe in rewarding stupid behavior? Nascar now had to pass a rule for drivers to not get out of their cars. WTF? Why are people so damn dumb that we have to pass laws to protect them from themselves??? Ward lacked common sense and lost his life for his stupidity. It sounds cruel because he's dead but it's the truth. Then we find out that he smoked marijuana too? It doesn't matter if he was high or not it's all about decision making and he clearly wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Mac4Lyfe

I think Stewart has a screw loose too. I wouldn't be surprised that he was on drugs. They really should have tested him as well. I've seen several drivers get out of their cars lately. Every time I see it I shake my head at the stupidity. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

@mac4lyfe. if ward wasn't the sharpest tool in the box for getting out of his car to confront another racer during a race, that makes stewart fukin silly putty.

Vegas39

I think Stewart has a screw loose too. I wouldn't be surprised that he was on drugs. They really should have tested him as well. I've seen several drivers get out of their cars lately. Every time I see it I shake my head at the stupidity. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

happens all the time on these short tracks , really nothing new in this.

Ted Sheckler

by your own statement you should have been gone a long time ago, " a dumbass got what he had coming..."

Explain? Not sure I understand what you're saying, but that could just be the dumbass in me. But please enlighten me.

Guy gets out of car on a racetrack, runs up to another car that's still moving, got hit, died. looks to me like suicide by racecar. What other outcome did he think would happen when he was running down the track to confront a moving car?

Please tell me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Explain? Not sure I understand what you're saying, but that could just be the dumbass in me. But please enlighten me.

Guy gets out of car on a racetrack, runs up to another car that's still moving, got hit, died. looks to me like suicide by racecar. What other outcome did he think would happen when he was running down the track to confront a moving car?

Please tell me.
    I guess a simple coincidence every car missed him but Stewart who wrecked him in the first place

First ... 891011121314 Last