asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

If a book grades your lost bet as a winner, would you alert them?

Inspired by the thread about the $6000 money transfer mistake in a player's favor... people told him not to keep the money as it's unethical. I'd like to hear your opinion on something similar. Say you place a wager, it loses, yet your book grades it as a winner by mistake and no one notices because you're the only person who bet on that game anyway. Would you alert them or keep the money? I'd say 99% of people including me would keep the money. It may be unethical, but come on, how does it feel to alert them and say hey guys, please grade my bet a loser? It's weird somehow as I consider myself to be quite honest overall, but not in that case.

Going back to the money transfer gone wrong, I think a much bigger percentage of people, including me, wouldn't have kept the $6k from the money transfer gone wrong. Why is that? Essentially, it's the same thing. They made a mistake and you take advantage of it. Yet somehow, it feels different.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

the books do everything in there power to prevent any one from winning, some of these tractics are borderline criminal. They slow pay, charge huge fees for cashing out and have little to no integrity. They are breaking US federal law every time they accept a wager, and do it knowingly, but will take any deposit no questions asked. They often renig on bonuses and play through requirements, they often welch on player loyalty rewards. They make it a hassle to verify your account, often making you send the documents 2, 3 , even 4 times just to keep you betting in hopes you lose what you already won. They rig the poker to put you on tilt so you blow through winnings while heated. They often stop accepting bets if you win too much. They often change lines not in your favor at the last second before placing a bet. The list goes on and on, so no I would not alert them.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I consider myself an ethical person but I find this example perplexing

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

I would charge them a large "processing" fee, withdraw fee, and slow pay their azz. Let them see how it feels.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Hahaha fire in da hole with THE perfect answer.