MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

If you can recall. . .

What was your worse gambling defeat, or comeback lost you had?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

I once lost 500 betting on unders, when i meant to bet overs....
    kept waiting for the balance to update.
    it never did

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Australian NRL South Sydney v Easts Roosters in 2012. Both games the side that won was trailing by two tries with two minutes left which is game over 99.9% of the time.

Both games were ridiculous and I won one and lost one, I never got the joy of the one I won as I'd turned it off and the one I lost was a terrible feeling just utter disbelief.

I remember having an over in the nba where I needed a point in 3 1/2 minutes and lost, also won one similar to that.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Didn't happen to me, but I was at the table. I was at the Harrah's in Cherokee, NC about 6 months ago playing 2/5. Dude tried to slow-play trip aces that became quad aces (don't know what he had, maybe $1500) and LOST.... to a royal: Ad Jd 10d 7s Ac was the board. Quad Aces against a royal, and the other dude had it on the freaking flop. I don't know that I could ever recover from that. That's what you get for slow playing pocket aces I guess....

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I had the Clippers in their sick loss this past postseason. 8 up with 43 seconds to go....and that was my biggest NBA bet of this past season.

Still hurting.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

$30,000
    never recovered

ruined me

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Anytime I bet the Phils in bases or MAC football. Those are both dead to me now.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Lost $1000 on 1 roll at the craps table. Peppermill Reno

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Didn't happen to me, but I was at the table. I was at the Harrah's in Cherokee, NC about 6 months ago playing 2/5. Dude tried to slow-play trip aces that became quad aces (don't know what he had, maybe $1500) and LOST.... to a royal: Ad Jd 10d 7s Ac was the board. Quad Aces against a royal, and the other dude had it on the freaking flop. I don't know that I could ever recover from that. That's what you get for slow playing pocket aces I guess....
    No badbeat jackpot? That's horrible.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    $30,000
    never recovered

ruined me
    only money, JJ. At least you have great hair and even better teeth.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

stupid fukk wont even put me top 50. im the wittiest poster on the forum.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    No badbeat jackpot? That's horrible.
    I asked the same question at the time. Nope.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Australian NRL South Sydney v Easts Roosters in 2012. Both games the side that won was trailing by two tries with two minutes left which is game over 99.9% of the time.

Both games were ridiculous and I won one and lost one, I never got the joy of the one I won as I'd turned it off and the one I lost was a terrible feeling just utter disbelief.

I remember having an over in the nba where I needed a point in 3 1/2 minutes and lost, also won one similar to that.
    I don't get why in the NRL, your opponents score a try, then they also get the ball back?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Not my story, but I think it was quite funny:
    My sister is a student and works for the university as well. Her boss plays pool once a week with his best friend. Always 8 games exactly. They always play for a crate of beer, and he normally loses. But this time he won 7:1. He was happy and said: Well, you lost the crate of beer today, but if Germany wins 7:1 tomorrow, I'm gonna buy you a new car. Well, Germany won 7:1, and Brazil scored a real late goal He was even more pissed, when my sister told him, that the odds for a 7:1 were @501 and all he would have had to do was to open an account at bet365 f.e. and put 20 € on it Well, he was already looking for th cheapest brandnew car available on th market right now etc and his friend really let him sweat this a little..... but in the end he said "forget it pal, let's fly to Mallorca for a week this summer and you pay the flights and the hotel and that's it."

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Bama -4 vs Auburn 2010. Up 24-0 late in the 2q and Auburn had not even had a 1st down. Ingram fumbled, and the momentum shifted on a dime. I have no doubt Bama wins by 40 if he doesn't fumble.

But that's gambling.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Took a bookie for 40 k. Never got paid

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

My worst gambling defeat was about 10 years ago or so when I had under 8.5 in game between the Braves and Mets...Score was 1 - 0 Mets going to the bottom of the 9th...Braves get a run and tie it up....Mets then score twice in the 11th and then the Braves do the same in the bottom half!...so now it's 3 - 3...Mets get a run in the 14th and once again Atlanta does the same!.......An easy winner became an agonizing, gut wrenching defeat...Ironically enough, it was this game when I vowed that I would only bet overs in MLB if I ever wagered totals!......( or at the least the vast majority of the time)

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Bama -4 vs Auburn 2010. Up 24-0 late in the 2q and Auburn had not even had a 1st down. Ingram fumbled, and the momentum shifted on a dime. I have no doubt Bama wins by 40 if he doesn't fumble.

But that's gambling.
    yeah, I remember that game very well...that also was the game that sealed the deal for Cam Newton to win the Heisman Trophy after he lead the Tigers to a historic come-from-behind victory in the Iron Bowl.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

I remember having the Twins around 1987 with Frank Viola pitching. ( think it was his cy young year, not sure though but either way he was lights out) and minny was winning either 7-0 or 9-0, something like that. It was also the 9th inning and Viola was still in there pitching a gem. Needless to say they ended up losing.